Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #811
Babyhare
Earning My Ears

Thanks Pixie3. I'm breathing easier now.

Disney Magic - 2006 / Western Carribean
Disney Magic - 2008 / Pacific Riviera
Super excited about our Disney European Vacation!!!
Babyhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #812
Babyhare
Earning My Ears

Cool Family of 4 dining...

We ordinarily travel as a family of 9 with extended family. This time it's just the four of us. We have two boys (age 10 and 12).

Anyone from this board (with a family of 4 or 5?) interested in locking in our dining arrangements so we share a table of 8? I spoke with Disney and we can request it.

FE gang? Might be fun!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #813
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Booking tickets in Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell_29 View Post
Hi all! Quick question in Rome we have a private driver and guide through DCL on the excursion information it says we have to cover entry fees into sites that would require them. If i am right the Vatican museum and Sistine chapel are free that day so all we would need is tickets for the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Is there a site that I can buy these tickets online so that we don't waste time? Thanks!
Melissa
Hi there
For ticket bookings in Italy go to www.tickitaly.com
It's definitely advisable to book tickets in advance. When we arrived at the Coliseum we must've passed at least a 3 hr queue to go to the front with our per booked tickets! Felt like royalty!!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #814
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
We've opted for earlyish (11am). My understanding the port is not Disneyfied in the same way as Port Canaveral, but my theory is by the time we've done the necessary paperwork and got kids club pagers it will be about time to board and we can then grab a bite and the girls can hit the pool. We have to be out of our room by 11 & don't want to wander around with our luggage more than necessary!

Celestine
We've booked a check in time of 11.30 based on the fact that once we've checked out of the hotel with our luggage we might as well head for the port. The terminal is just a large warehouse with a few Disney ad boards dotted around. It's much like a departures terminal in an airport. Our daughter met her DISboard friends here before they even checked in or boarded. It also allowed us to get a spot by the pool for the sail away party where we met more of our DISboard friends. We had arranged to wear a piece of red ribbon so that we would recognise each other and it worked quite well. Might be an idea for our group.
Hope to see you there! If not, on board.
F, A & E
Old 06-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #815
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkk View Post
What time should we sign up for arrival at the terminal???

We are staying the night in Barcelona the night before ... should we sightsee and then arrive later or just arrive earlier? We do have the whole day we disembark to see Barcelona. Opinions??? Pros/cons???

Thanks!!!!!!

Jodi
Hi Jodi, once we've checked out of our hotel with our luggage we will head for the terminal. We're booked for check in at 11.30. Some of the DISboard girls met in the terminal even before we all boarded the ship.
Fiona
Old 06-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #816
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunless View Post
We won't be participating in the FE (couldn't commit the time to getting things ready ), but if anyone is making magnets for the group, I would be very interested in getting one. I would happily pay for it, or promise to drop something special in your FE.
Please let us know your cabin no and we'll send a Scottish magnet round.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #817
Babyhare
Earning My Ears

Table of 4 cont'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyhare View Post
We ordinarily travel as a family of 9 with extended family. This time it's just the four of us. We have two boys (age 10 and 12).

Anyone from this board (with a family of 4 or 5?) interested in locking in our dining arrangements so we share a table of 8? I spoke with Disney and we can request it.

FE gang? Might be fun!
I should have mentioned. We're currently booked for Main seating rather than Second seating.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #818
MeeskaMooska13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewarts View Post
Hi Jodi, once we've checked out of our hotel with our luggage we will head for the terminal. We're booked for check in at 11.30. Some of the DISboard girls met in the terminal even before we all boarded the ship.
Fiona
We are using DCL transfers from our hotel. When we did our "on line " check-in, it wouldn't allow us to pick a check-in time. So does that mean we are at the mercy of the DCL contracted shuttle service?

Polynesian 2014; Coronado Springs 2013; Coronado Springs 2012; Boardwalk Inn 2005; Yacht Club 2003; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2002; Polynesian 2001; Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort 2000; Wilderness Lodge 1996; Dixie Landings 1993; Off-site 1991; Off-site 1988

Magic in the Med 2013
MeeskaMooska13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #819
starmaker
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender

Hi there,

For those of you participating in the FE, can I pick your brains please? I haven't been part of an FE group of 25 before ( although I understand this is small to what some are used too !) In the past I've delivered two or three seperate gifts to all of my allocated staterooms which amongst other things contained a handpainted acrylic canvas of Mickey, a shopper/beach bag with the Great British flag on it and a selection of british sweets and chocolate/candy bars. Now obviously this won't be possible with so many rooms partly due to luggage restrictions and partly due to the cost! What does everyone have in mind - one delivery per room? I'm struggling now to think what to include without breaking the bank and without, with respect, giving items which are of little or no use! HELP!

Thanks everyone
starmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #820
tinkerbell_29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi there
For ticket bookings in Italy go to www.tickitaly.com
It's definitely advisable to book tickets in advance. When we arrived at the Coliseum we must've passed at least a 3 hr queue to go to the front with our per booked tickets! Felt like royalty!!
Thanks! Tickets booked now we are ready to go!
Melissa
tinkerbell_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #821
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaker View Post
Hi there,

For those of you participating in the FE, can I pick your brains please? I haven't been part of an FE group of 25 before ( although I understand this is small to what some are used too !) In the past I've delivered two or three seperate gifts to all of my allocated staterooms which amongst other things contained a handpainted acrylic canvas of Mickey, a shopper/beach bag with the Great British flag on it and a selection of british sweets and chocolate/candy bars. Now obviously this won't be possible with so many rooms partly due to luggage restrictions and partly due to the cost! What does everyone have in mind - one delivery per room? I'm struggling now to think what to include without breaking the bank and without, with respect, giving items which are of little or no use! HELP!

Thanks everyone
I generally do a souvenir gift thing per FE (don't want to give the game away as to what) and often chuck some British sweets or biscuits in - I've done the little packs of bourbon creams and percy pigs before. For me it is not quantity but the thought put into the gift and/or the look on the girls faces when they get a tattoo or something.

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #822
jkk
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Fiona
Thanks!!!
We just signed up for 12 ... the earliest available when I got online! I know E will want to meet up with the girls as soon as possible! I will tell her to come up with a plan to recognize each other!!!

We will just save our Barcelona sightseeing for the day we arrive back to Barcelona!

Anyone else planning on sightseeing in Barcelona on the 6th?

Me DH DD17 DD12
jkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #823
jgura
Discruiser

FE Gifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaker View Post
Hi there,

Thanks everyone
I will only deliver once to each room, however, there may be more than one gift. And depends on what my bags weigh when we are packing up.
jgura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:41 AM   #824
Bunless
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Please let us know your cabin no and we'll send a Scottish magnet round.
Thank you so much!
we are #7621

We've got a great collection of magnets that we've acquired from our Disney cruises. It's probably the second biggest regret not doing the FE... first being the actually wandering around to deposit in others FE.

December '06 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
Fall '07 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1617056
February '08 Wilderness Lodge http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
January '09 Disneyland http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2075224
February/March '09 Grand Californian http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134228
October 2009 Grand Californian, January 2010 Eastern Caribbean/Vero Beach, February 2011 Old Key West, October 2011 Food and Wine/Old Key West, February 2012 Aulani, July 2012 Alaska Cruise,
December 2012 Saratoga Springs, February 2013, Saratoga Springs, July 2013 Mediterranean Cruise
Bunless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #825
Babyhare
Earning My Ears

Dining schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyhare View Post
I should have mentioned. We're currently booked for Main seating rather than Second seating.
I think we're going to have to change to second seating. I'm hoping Disney honors the request. My son has life threatening food allergies so it will be critical that we are able to have as many meals as possible on ship rather on the excursions.

Thanks for letting me share.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: