Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #796
Bunless
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMooska13 View Post
How do you NOT book a GTY?
I know, right?

On all my HAL cruises it was an immediate option, which room do you want. So, why doesn't Disney? It's really frustrating that I can't even put in a 'forward' request.

December '06 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
Fall '07 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1617056
February '08 Wilderness Lodge http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
January '09 Disneyland http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2075224
February/March '09 Grand Californian http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134228
October 2009 Grand Californian, January 2010 Eastern Caribbean/Vero Beach, February 2011 Old Key West, October 2011 Food and Wine/Old Key West, February 2012 Aulani, July 2012 Alaska Cruise,
December 2012 Saratoga Springs, February 2013, Saratoga Springs, July 2013 Mediterranean Cruise
Bunless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:26 AM   #797
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblong View Post
One slight correction: Everyone over 18 MUST have a picture ID to get off and then back on the ship for excursions. They will check it at the excursion meeting place on board, and check again when disembarking. They will also check hen embarking.

The first couple of cruises, we put our drivers licenses in the KTTW holder pocket. Then we learned the a copy of your passport page is adequate. Now we have a laminated copy of our passport ID. I scanned them in and then printed color copies the same size as the KTTW card. Never had a problem using that, and we kill several birds at nice: Our passports are stored in the safe in our stateroom, along with our drive t's licenses, and we have a copy of our passports, which the State Department recommends you always have with you when overseas.
UK drivers licenses are same size as KTTW card which I've probably used in the past, but know I've never taken my passport. I think that now your photo is attached on the system to the KTTW card it helps

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #798
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
One slight correction: Everyone over 18 MUST have a picture ID to get off and then back on the ship for excursions. They will check it at the excursion meeting place on board, and check again when disembarking. They will also check hen embarking.

The first couple of cruises, we put our drivers licenses in the KTTW holder pocket. Then we learned the a copy of your passport page is adequate. Now we have a laminated copy of our passport ID. I scanned them in and then printed color copies the same size as the KTTW card. Never had a problem using that, and we kill several birds at nice: Our passports are stored in the safe in our stateroom, along with our drive t's licenses, and we have a copy of our passports, which the State Department recommends you always have with you when overseas.
I'm not sure this is the same in Europe. I am pretty sure all we needed on the last Med cruise was the kttwc no Id.

This may be because we're only travelling within the EU and, therefore, border less travel applies. The KTTWC shows your photo every time you disembark or board so that covers the photo part and ship security.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #799
GA-yaya
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
We will be arriving in Barcelona at 8:30 in the morning on the 24th.
Hi John,
It looks like we will be on the same flight. ATL-BCN (with Delta) arriving at 8:30 on the 24th. So exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynncullen View Post
We are going SFO-Atlanta-Barcelona, arriving at 8:30a as well.
Same flight!!
Hi Lynn,
Looks like we are on the same flight! Can't wait to meet everyone.

Quote:
After looking at the ears after I posted it, I decided it needed to be enhanced, so I spent the last day or so working on it. I hope you like it.

I found a better scarf to use, so I added it, and left the old scarf there as well, giving you a choice,

Link is at [IMG][/IMG].
Thank you so much for sharing this design. It's adorable! Printing door magnets is on my list for next week. The cruise is getting closer!

Quote:
I scanned them in and then printed color copies the same size as the KTTW card. Never had a problem using that, and we kill several birds at nice: Our passports are stored in the safe in our stateroom, along with our drive t's licenses, and we have a copy of our passports, which the State Department recommends you always have with you when overseas.
This is such a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing this. I'll start working on getting this done for everyone in the family. It would make it much easier to carry (in a purse or wallet) if it's credit card size.

We just got our room assignment. We are in 6038 and our (adult) kids are in 6039 - right across the hall from us. When we booked this cruise while onboard last September we asked the agent to put our kids in the cheapest room possible, even if they had to shovel coal ...and to also put them on a different deck from us. Luckily for the kids it didn't work out that way...unfortunately for us, they are now right across the hall!!! LOL!

It's getting closer!

GA-yaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #800
K8T
DIS Veteran

Thank you very much for the Venetian Mickey Eblong, it looks great. Last few cruises we printed out a few different ones and swapped them every other day, putting the ones we took off onto other cabins doors (who had no magnets!)

I have started doing a bit of planning this week, sorting out something for Malta and I think Naples is sorted by Designer Travels ().

We don't do any organised tours, so now we have a group of 17 friends on this one, I have become K8T Tours

Oh and we have never taken our passports with us, too risky on losing them, but we generally have a paper copy on us, just in case we get 'stuck' somewhere. On the last couple of Med cruises, we just showed the KTTW cards and were never asked for any photo ID. This has been the same on all the cruiselines we have been on too.
[SIZE="1"][I]1996 P&O Canberra - 1998 NCL Norweigan Dream - 1999 Celebrity Century - 2000 RCCL Grandeur of The Seas - 2001 P&O Oriana - 2002 P&O Arcadia - 2003 P&O Aurora - 2003 P&O Oceana (& Adonia) launch weekend - 2006 P&O Oceana - 2006 Celebrity Galaxy - 2007 P&O Oriana - 2008 Disney Wonder (Jan) - 2008 P&O Ventura (May) - 2009 P&O Aurora - 2009 P&O Oceana - June 2010 Disney Magic Med. - August 2010 Disney Magic Med. - July 2011 Disney Magic Med. - July 2012 DLP NBay - Oct 2012 WDW BC - July 2013 Disney Magic - July 2014 Venice to Rome booked
K8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #801
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Alright, nice to have a bunch of us on the same flight!

DS's graduation ceremony today. Having the party for it in two weeks. Still doing a lot of prep work. Can't wait for June 23, then nothing but the cruise to concentrate on. The party is on the 22nd. I figure, that after clean up, I will probably get a burst of energy and pull out the suitcases and start packing that night. This is finally getting more real.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #802
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

Tipping

Hi. We have booked private guides or drivers for a few of our tours. What is the appropriate tipping rate in Europe? I'm going to assume that they will all be wonderful and that I will want to tip. Thanks for any advice. I'm getting very excited! Kelly.
Kellycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #803
pixie3
Mouseketeer
My nick name in high school was Boof!!!
I'm sure this isn't gonna go over well, but I'd like a banana clip

FE IS NOW CLOSED.

Since my last post we have received one more room before the dead line.

I have everyone's room numbers. Please check your information to make sure that it is correct. I will keep updating here on this board until I can't any longer. Last minute updates will be posted on my room door. Thank You.

As always:

*FE Information is on Page 25 Post 363

*Link to list is in my signature
12/01 NYE Cruise Magic, 3/04 Magic, 8/05 Magic, 3/06 Magic, 5/07 1st Transatlantic Magic, 5/08 Panama Canal Magic, 3/9 Magic, 11/09 Wonder, 6/10 1st Baltic Sea Magic, 1/11 Maiden Voyage Dream, 6/11 Alaska, 7/12 Fantasy, 7/13 Magic Europe w/Venice, 7/14 Magic Greece w/Santorini, 6/15 Norwegian Fjords
pixie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #804
jkk
Earning My Ears

What time should we sign up for arrival at the terminal???

We are staying the night in Barcelona the night before ... should we sightsee and then arrive later or just arrive earlier? We do have the whole day we disembark to see Barcelona. Opinions??? Pros/cons???

Thanks!!!!!!

Jodi

Me DH DD17 DD12
jkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #805
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkk View Post
What time should we sign up for arrival at the terminal???

We are staying the night in Barcelona the night before ... should we sightsee and then arrive later or just arrive earlier? We do have the whole day we disembark to see Barcelona. Opinions??? Pros/cons???

Thanks!!!!!!

Jodi
We've opted for earlyish (11am). My understanding the port is not Disneyfied in the same way as Port Canaveral, but my theory is by the time we've done the necessary paperwork and got kids club pagers it will be about time to board and we can then grab a bite and the girls can hit the pool. We have to be out of our room by 11 & don't want to wander around with our luggage more than necessary!

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #806
Bunless
Mouseketeer

We won't be participating in the FE (couldn't commit the time to getting things ready ), but if anyone is making magnets for the group, I would be very interested in getting one. I would happily pay for it, or promise to drop something special in your FE.

December '06 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
Fall '07 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1617056
February '08 Wilderness Lodge http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
January '09 Disneyland http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2075224
February/March '09 Grand Californian http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134228
October 2009 Grand Californian, January 2010 Eastern Caribbean/Vero Beach, February 2011 Old Key West, October 2011 Food and Wine/Old Key West, February 2012 Aulani, July 2012 Alaska Cruise,
December 2012 Saratoga Springs, February 2013, Saratoga Springs, July 2013 Mediterranean Cruise
Bunless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #807
Babyhare
Earning My Ears

Freaking out over FE gift planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie3 View Post
FE IS NOW CLOSED.

Since my last post we have received one more room before the dead line.

I have everyone's room numbers. Please check your information to make sure that it is correct. I will keep updating here on this board until I can't any longer. Last minute updates will be posted on my room door. Thank You.

As always:

*FE Information is on Page 25 Post 363

*Link to list is in my signature
First time FE participant so this is probably a dumb question....

If you have a cabin on the list with family of 4 including teen daughter and younger son plus mom and dad, do you bring gifts appropriate to each individual person? Or do family gifts? Or some combination thereof? I'm going to make myself bat !#%! crazy trying to do the right thing. ;-)

Disney Magic - 2006 / Western Carribean
Disney Magic - 2008 / Pacific Riviera
Super excited about our Disney European Vacation!!!
Babyhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #808
tinkerbell_29
DIS Veteran

Hi all! Quick question in Rome we have a private driver and guide through DCL on the excursion information it says we have to cover entry fees into sites that would require them. If i am right the Vatican museum and Sistine chapel are free that day so all we would need is tickets for the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Is there a site that I can buy these tickets online so that we don't waste time? Thanks!
Melissa
tinkerbell_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #809
pixie3
Mouseketeer

Just ignore this post. I'm losing my mind.
12/01 NYE Cruise Magic, 3/04 Magic, 8/05 Magic, 3/06 Magic, 5/07 1st Transatlantic Magic, 5/08 Panama Canal Magic, 3/9 Magic, 11/09 Wonder, 6/10 1st Baltic Sea Magic, 1/11 Maiden Voyage Dream, 6/11 Alaska, 7/12 Fantasy, 7/13 Magic Europe w/Venice, 7/14 Magic Greece w/Santorini, 6/15 Norwegian Fjords

Last edited by pixie3; 06-09-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #810
pixie3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyhare View Post
First time FE participant so this is probably a dumb question....

If you have a cabin on the list with family of 4 including teen daughter and younger son plus mom and dad, do you bring gifts appropriate to each individual person? Or do family gifts? Or some combination thereof? I'm going to make myself bat !#%! crazy trying to do the right thing. ;-)

No, No, No! Don't go batpoop crazy!!!!! Relax! It's all good. You can do whatever. You can make a room gift OR individual gifts. Both are FINE. You don't have to spend a lot of money, you don't have to be crafty, and they don't have to take up a lot of room. (But....if you feel like it.....knock yourself out). FE gifts are really all across the board!!! An example of a room gift: special door magnet or a cruise survival kit
Individual gifts: a piece of candy for each, a pirate eye patch, pirate tattoo, or a pencil with the cruise and sail date on it.
Sometimes you can do a small room gift (magnet) and throw in some stickers/tattoos for the little kids. If you decide to do specific for a teenager that gets a little tougher. Candy always works, keychain, nail file (girl), etc.

I hope this helps. There are some great FE threads on here that show all the different kinds of FE that people get. If I can find them tomorrow, I'll link them on the FE information page.

No worries!

Last edited by pixie3; 06-09-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: