Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 01:49 AM   #781
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
Thank you! Thank you! I needed the simple: green to red to blue.

Which line goes to Las Ramblis?

Oh, and, I looked at the FE list - lots of us are on 7. Maybe we can arrange for drinks to be brought down to the deck 7 laundry.
All lines have switching points at Placa de Catalunya which is the "top" of Las Ramblas. Both busses hit all the major tourist points it's just if you want something slightly further afield you need to see whether one company suits better than the other.

2 companies - www.barcelonacitytour.cat
or barcelona bus touristic (could only find this as a direct website in Spanish)

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #782
helenreed
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie3 View Post
Hello. It's me again! We are getting closer to our cruise. Just a quick reminder that if you plan on participating in FE....the CUT-OFF DATE IS JUNE 8TH.

I have recently received a lot of room numbers (thank you). No room number yet? No problem. I also have one or two new additions. I see people are getting upgrades. If you are receiving a room upgrade and you are on the FE list, please let me know of your change.

Please Please check the list (link in my signature) and make sure all of your information is correct!

7020 please!

Gotcha!

Which room for FE? Thanks!

As always, the "main" information for FE is in Post 363 Page 25 which I update periodically with new information and the "list" is always in my signature.

NEW INFORMATION:

I wanted to mention that rather than have gifts distributed all on the first day, you might want to consider giving your gift on other days of the cruise. Some gifts are "for" the cruise and should be delivered on the first or second day. However, some gifts such as: keychain from your state, candy bar, etc. are gifts that "could" be delivered throughout the cruise. It is nice to find gifts throughout the cruise. This by no means is this mandatory. It is all up to the individual as to when you deliver gifts. I just like to always throw that out there as a suggestion!
7020 please!
Disneyland Paris too many times to remember!
DVC member BWV, BC.
Magic 20th July 10 day Med 2011

Boardwalk Villas July 4th - 18th 2012:
Sailing on the Magic 25th July 2013 to Europe
helenreed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #783
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:

Oh, and, I looked at the FE list - lots of us are on 7. Maybe we can arrange for drinks to be brought down to the deck 7 laundry.
Hi there, Las Ramblas is the "backbone" of the city, running from the Port Vell area north to the Place de Catalunya which is a centrally located square in the city where the red and blue line buses start from. Las Ramblas then heads north out of the PdC again until it meets Diagonal Avenue. The blue tour takes you all the way out to Camp Nou, the Barcelona FC football ground and north again to Parc Guell which is worth a visit. From Parc Guell, the blue tour takes you to La Sagrada Familia and back to PdC in the centre.
We managed the green and blue routes but the red route was suspended due to thunderstorms flooding and bringing trees down. The red route goes up the hill to Olympic Park.
I hope that helps.
Regards
F
Old 06-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #784
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:

Just on the subject of getting together anybody got any suggestions?

Old 06-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #785
cdnxpat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewarts View Post

I was wondering the same thing! Any DCL veterans with great ideas?
cdnxpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #786
lynncullen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi Lynn,

I hope you don't have the 5 hour layover at Atlanta like we do. Gonna be a long day. Look forward to seeing you there.

I guess I'm presuming your on a Delta flight?

John
yes- we are on Delta.
We only have a 2 hr lay over.
March 2006..
Western Caribbean
July 2007..
11 Day Mediterranean
May 2008..
Maiden Voyage Mexican Riviera

June 2009..Eastern Caribbean
June 2010..12 Night Northern European Capitals Cruise
July 2013..12 Night Mediterranean
lynncullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:25 AM   #787
Babyhare
Earning My Ears

FE Room # update

Room # 6554.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyhare View Post
Apologies. Tried to send PM but apparently I don't have enough posts to send a PM? Aaargh. Following is an add request for Fish Extender group.

Hi !!

Thanks so much for managing all of this. This is our first Fish Extender participation but our third cruise.

Board Name - 7/25/2013 Med. Mickey's 12 Night Italian Job - with Nice, Valletta and Dubrov !

First name of family members - Me: Debbie, DH: Jaime, DS: Nathan and DS: Garrett
Ages of children - Nathan (12) Garrett (10)
Whether the child is a DS or a DD - both DS's
Cabin Number (if you have it) - 6554

Disney Magic - 2006 / Western Carribean
Disney Magic - 2008 / Pacific Riviera
Super excited about our Disney European Vacation!!!
Babyhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #788
pixie3
Mouseketeer
My nick name in high school was Boof!!!
I'm sure this isn't gonna go over well, but I'd like a banana clip

Only a couple days left to join FE!!! As always, please check the list for your information. Link in my signature. I don't trust myself. It makes me nervous. I had to cut and paste a lot recently as a result of receiving room numbers. I have everyone's room number. If there have been or are changes in the future, please let me know. AND....FE info page Post 363 Page 25.

Quote:
Hi, Can I just say on behalf of all FE participants thank you for organising it.
Looking forward to finalising things after this weekend.

Fiona
You are welcome!

Quote:
I like how you think! Assuming you don't mind if deck 6 joins you

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenreed View Post
7020 please!
Got it!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnxpat View Post
I was wondering the same thing! Any DCL veterans with great ideas?
A lot of times we will meet during Sail Away party on top deck whichever side has the port dock. Or/and....We can also meet at adult pool bar on a certain day

Quote:
Room # 6554.
Got it!

One other thing. This has been a problem in the past so I want to pass this information on. People have become so fond of our Fish Extenders that they bring their own, for their own use IE: mail, notes etc. Don't assume that if you see a fish extender that it is a fish extender on our list. You WILL run out of your fish gifts before you are finished with your rounds.
12/01 NYE Cruise Magic, 3/04 Magic, 8/05 Magic, 3/06 Magic, 5/07 1st Transatlantic Magic, 5/08 Panama Canal Magic, 3/9 Magic, 11/09 Wonder, 6/10 1st Baltic Sea Magic, 1/11 Maiden Voyage Dream, 6/11 Alaska, 7/12 Fantasy, 7/13 Magic Europe w/Venice, 7/14 Magic Greece w/Santorini, 6/15 Norwegian Fjords

Last edited by pixie3; 06-06-2013 at 11:49 AM.
pixie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #789
MeeskaMooska13
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Take the green line, transfer to red and get off at Placa de Catalunya.

Polynesian 2014; Coronado Springs 2013; Coronado Springs 2012; Boardwalk Inn 2005; Yacht Club 2003; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2002; Polynesian 2001; Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort 2000; Wilderness Lodge 1996; Dixie Landings 1993; Off-site 1991; Off-site 1988

Magic in the Med 2013
MeeskaMooska13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #790
MeeskaMooska13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
All lines have switching points at Placa de Catalunya which is the "top" of Las Ramblas. Both busses hit all the major tourist points it's just if you want something slightly further afield you need to see whether one company suits better than the other.

2 companies - www.barcelonacitytour.cat
or barcelona bus touristic (could only find this as a direct website in Spanish)

Celestine
Celestine, see post #771 and #772 for Barcelona Bus Touristic in English (if it doesn't load in English, then there is a tab).

Polynesian 2014; Coronado Springs 2013; Coronado Springs 2012; Boardwalk Inn 2005; Yacht Club 2003; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2002; Polynesian 2001; Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort 2000; Wilderness Lodge 1996; Dixie Landings 1993; Off-site 1991; Off-site 1988

Magic in the Med 2013
Old 06-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #791
MeeskaMooska13
Earning My Ears

For all of you DCL veterans: Can anyone explain to me how you can "book" a certain stateroom. My mom and I went through a travel agent and received "GTY" category rooms. We've received our room assignments and my mom is across the hall from me, which is great. I, however, appear to have a connecting room so my mom inquired, with the travel agent, to see if it were possible to book that room (of course, it's a category upgrade but she was willing to pay for it). The travel agent said that it would be a "GTY upgrade" and Disney doesn't take stateroom requests for GTY. So how do people book specific staterooms?

Also, on shore excursions, do we need to take our passports along?

Magic in the Med 2013
Old 06-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #792
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMooska13 View Post
For all of you DCL veterans: Can anyone explain to me how you can "book" a certain stateroom. My mom and I went through a travel agent and received "GTY" category rooms. We've received our room assignments and my mom is across the hall from me, which is great. I, however, appear to have a connecting room so my mom inquired, with the travel agent, to see if it were possible to book that room (of course, it's a category upgrade but she was willing to pay for it). The travel agent said that it would be a "GTY upgrade" and Disney doesn't take stateroom requests for GTY. So how do people book specific staterooms?

Book early and often haha! Actually if you book any other category than a GTY you should be able to see a list of available staterooms within that category.
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mom_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #793
MeeskaMooska13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_rules View Post
Book early and often haha! Actually if you book any other category than a GTY you should be able to see a list of available staterooms within that category.
How do you NOT book a GTY?

Magic in the Med 2013
Old 06-07-2013, 01:49 AM   #794
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMooska13 View Post

No, you will just need to ket to the world card to get off & on the ship. You may wish to carry some ID if you make credit card purchases or are collecting independently booked tickets. I often take a copy of my passport just incase something happens & I need consular assistance.

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #795
eblong
Summer in the Med!

One slight correction: Everyone over 18 MUST have a picture ID to get off and then back on the ship for excursions. They will check it at the excursion meeting place on board, and check again when disembarking. They will also check hen embarking.

The first couple of cruises, we put our drivers licenses in the KTTW holder pocket. Then we learned the a copy of your passport page is adequate. Now we have a laminated copy of our passport ID. I scanned them in and then printed color copies the same size as the KTTW card. Never had a problem using that, and we kill several birds at nice: Our passports are stored in the safe in our stateroom, along with our drive t's licenses, and we have a copy of our passports, which the State Department recommends you always have with you when overseas.
Disney Fantasy: Maiden Voyage 04/12 (WC), 12/12 (EC)

Dis Magnets at http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...ney%20Magnets/

Photos at http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l599/ebslong/
eblong is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: