Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #721
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!
 
thestewarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
Just finished watching the Monaco Grand Prix qualifying highlights - can't believe we will be there in a coupe of months! Makes everything I've been reading start to make a it more sense.

Celestine
60 days til Monaco, Celestine!
Fiona
__________________
*******************************
DH , DW & DD(14)
thestewarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #722
jgura
Discruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: US
Posts: 312

Water for excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
If this is not your first cruise the castway club gift usually has a water bottle in it. Some longer excursions give water but I would never guarantee it, and being summer in the Med what they give I doubt would be enough to keep you properly hydrated. I wouldn't bring an empty bottle, but would keep one which I buy out there - less weight to carry!

Celestine
They have changed the Castaway gift and it does not include a water bottle. In March it was a backpack, key chain, & snack. Platinum also gets stationery and a journal. (of course they could change it again)
We have only been given water on the return trip from an excursion. For a cruise like this one, we buy the overpriced case of water from the ship. It's handy with so many port stops. You do NOT need bottled water to drink on the ship, the tap water is great.
jgura is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #723
pjc4925
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjc4925
I know several people have booked the Venice ghost walking tour from Viator. What is the easiest way to get to the Rialto Bridge to begin the tour? What time would we have to leave the ship to make it there?

Thanks
I hope we will be back on the ship by 7 from a previous excursion. Would anyone who is on board like to meet in the atrium or somewhere else and rent a water taxi and get lost together? Also open for other suggestions.


Paul
pjc4925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #724
Celestine
DIS Veteran
 
Celestine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 1,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgura View Post
They have changed the Castaway gift and it does not include a water bottle. In March it was a backpack, key chain, & snack. Platinum also gets stationery and a journal. (of course they could change it again)
We have only been given water on the return trip from an excursion. For a cruise like this one, we buy the overpriced case of water from the ship. It's handy with so many port stops. You do NOT need bottled water to drink on the ship, the tap water is great.
No water bottle - I was looking forward to another to add to the vast collection, lol! I guess we'll have to see what the cruisers in front of us report. We've never bought the water package before - may need to consider it unless we can lug a case on in Barcelona!

Celestine
__________________

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #725
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!
 
thestewarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
No water bottle - I was looking forward to another to add to the vast collection, lol! I guess we'll have to see what the cruisers in front of us report. We've never bought the water package before - may need to consider it unless we can lug a case on in Barcelona!

Celestine
we did that last time. Bought water in Bcn and used it when we were out and about. We just topped up when we needed to at various ports
__________________
*******************************
DH , DW & DD(14)
thestewarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #726
MeeskaMooska13
Earning My Ears
 
MeeskaMooska13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewarts View Post
we did that last time. Bought water in Bcn and used it when we were out and about. We just topped up when we needed to at various ports
Our plan is to bring our collapsible water bottles with us (one brand is Vapur). When flattened and rolled up, they take up very little room. Ours even have a clip on them to attach to a belt loop or bag.
__________________
Me. DD14 DD13

Polynesian 2014; Coronado Springs 2013; Coronado Springs 2012; Boardwalk Inn 2005; Yacht Club 2003; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2002; Polynesian 2001; Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort 2000; Wilderness Lodge 1996; Dixie Landings 1993; Off-site 1991; Off-site 1988

Magic in the Med 2013
MeeskaMooska13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #727
K8T
DIS Veteran
 
K8T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North West England, UK
Posts: 1,099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcatfish View Post
We are also booked in an 11b and no upgrade offer. I wonder if it has anything to do with how you booked? We booked through DU so the modify booking option is not available online and I wonder if any upgrade info would go to the TA? I keep looking online as there is still good availability on this cruise and I wondered if we might be able to upgrade at port?

I am a bit conflicted about that though as I am actually quite keen to see what a sideways inside is like and we LOVE deck 5 where we are currently booked.

Mel
x

We booked on board and then passed it to Dreams Unlimited. Booked 11b gty.

I emailed DCL to ask why we may not have been offered the reduced upgrade and that it didn't seem fair that the upgrade for us would be $2006. This is their reply.


Thank you for your e-mail.

We truly appreciate your concerns and your email has been shared with
the appropriate management teams. It is not our intent to upset our
loyal Disney Cruise Line Guests.

Please allow me to explain. The information you provided from your
travel agent and from the agent when you contacted us is correct. The
upgrade offers that are being randomly sent are limited and based on
availability on a specific sail date. At this time, all US and Canadian
Guests who have provided a valid email address with their reservation
are eligible to be selected.

Unfortunately, Guests are not able to request to have the offer applied.
It is only by invitation.

We regret any disappointment and hope these concerns will not continue
to affect your regard for Disney. There is magic in the Disney name and
we anxiously anticipate sailing with you and your family in the near
future.

Looks like yet again, the UK is overlooked by DCL.
__________________
[SIZE="1"][I]1996 P&O Canberra - 1998 NCL Norweigan Dream - 1999 Celebrity Century - 2000 RCCL Grandeur of The Seas - 2001 P&O Oriana - 2002 P&O Arcadia - 2003 P&O Aurora - 2003 P&O Oceana (& Adonia) launch weekend - 2006 P&O Oceana - 2006 Celebrity Galaxy - 2007 P&O Oriana - 2008 Disney Wonder (Jan) - 2008 P&O Ventura (May) - 2009 P&O Aurora - 2009 P&O Oceana - June 2010 Disney Magic Med. - August 2010 Disney Magic Med. - July 2011 Disney Magic Med. - July 2012 DLP NBay - Oct 2012 WDW BC - July 2013 Disney Magic - July 2014 Venice to Rome booked
K8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:17 AM   #728
Celestine
DIS Veteran
 
Celestine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 1,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8T View Post
We booked on board and then passed it to Dreams Unlimited. Booked 11b gty.

I emailed DCL to ask why we may not have been offered the reduced upgrade and that it didn't seem fair that the upgrade for us would be $2006. This is their reply.


Thank you for your e-mail.

We truly appreciate your concerns and your email has been shared with
the appropriate management teams. It is not our intent to upset our
loyal Disney Cruise Line Guests.

Please allow me to explain. The information you provided from your
travel agent and from the agent when you contacted us is correct. The
upgrade offers that are being randomly sent are limited and based on
availability on a specific sail date. At this time, all US and Canadian
Guests who have provided a valid email address with their reservation
are eligible to be selected.

Unfortunately, Guests are not able to request to have the offer applied.
It is only by invitation.

We regret any disappointment and hope these concerns will not continue
to affect your regard for Disney. There is magic in the Disney name and
we anxiously anticipate sailing with you and your family in the near
future.

Looks like yet again, the UK is overlooked by DCL.
Typical - we never get pins for discount codes or special upgrade offers. I have no interest in relinquishing my sideways cat 11, but I know there are many Brits onboard and some of those may consider an upgrade. I don't understand why the offer can't go to everyone

Celestine
__________________

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #729
Pavilion 2000
Earning My Ears
 
Pavilion 2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjc4925 View Post
I hope we will be back on the ship by 7 from a previous excursion. Would anyone who is on board like to meet in the atrium or somewhere else and rent a water taxi and get lost together? Also open for other suggestions.


Paul
Paul, we'll be onboard and would be happy to travel together to the ghost tour. We can plan more specifics as we get closer to the date.
Pavilion 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #730
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran
 
Figment_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 542

Okay, now I'm getting confused as to what I posted where. (Or, did I only dream I posted something.)

My DD(12) and I are on the ghost tour as well. Sounds like it's going to be a well attended tour.

Our tour for the first day in Venice ends at 7. I never thought of it ending and being at the ship at 7. If it does, it probably will be a good idea to go out as a group to the ghost tour. They may start without 1 or 2 of us, but not the majority of the group.

So, pjc4925, and Pavillion I would love to meet up and go together. As noted, we'll have to do more specific planning. I thought thestewarts are on this one as well?
The poor tour guide may fall feint seeing us all coming.
__________________
Me, DW, DS (20), DD (14)
Figment_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #731
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran
 
Figment_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 542

Mike,

How's the cleanup going? Everyone still okay? I hope all is well.

John
__________________
Me, DW, DS (20), DD (14)
Figment_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #732
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: DFW area Texas
Posts: 44

Thanks for asking John, our damage was very minor, all I have left is small twisted branches in some trees that are up high and are now easy to spot because of the dead foliage. My company sent several of us to Newcastle OK to help with the cleanup there. My boss took me off the list because I had a project underway with rented equipment so another electrician went. The pictures those guys are sending back are incredible.

Just thinking out loud about the large discrepancies in upgrade prices, maybe the marketing geniuses at Disney figure those of us having to fly across the pond and paying hotel bills aren't as willing to upgrade. Maybe the table would be turned for us for a cruise leaving Galveston?
Mike

Last edited by mikeandmela; 05-29-2013 at 07:56 PM.
mikeandmela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #733
haredi
Earning My Ears
 
haredi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 48

Hi all!

Hello everyone! I used the boards 6 years ago prior to our last Magic Med cruise and have been waiting to book our flights prior to joining this time. Well, finally did that today so here I am! Looking forward to getting to know you all and meeting you on the cruise! Is anyone going early to Barcelona and do you have suggestions for hotels?
__________________


haredi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #734
alt
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10

hi

Hello and welcome to new cruise travellers, couple things I was wondering about. Are the ports we visit easy to get around and what cautions should on be aware of ( i keep hearing pick pocketing is a real concern and bag snatching ).
Also just courious how many Canadians are on this trip and with kids ( my son usualy finds new friend on these cruises)

thanks
Al
alt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #735
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!
 
thestewarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
Okay, now I'm getting confused as to what I posted where. (Or, did I only dream I posted something.)

My DD(12) and I are on the ghost tour as well. Sounds like it's going to be a well attended tour.

Our tour for the first day in Venice ends at 7. I never thought of it ending and being at the ship at 7. If it does, it probably will be a good idea to go out as a group to the ghost tour. They may start without 1 or 2 of us, but not the majority of the group.

So, pjc4925, and Pavillion I would love to meet up and go together. As noted, we'll have to do more specific planning. I thought thestewarts are on this one as well?
The poor tour guide may fall feint seeing us all coming.
John

We looked at this but dw and dd weren't keen. So we decided against it, still it leaves us free to enjoy a stroll in the evening before dinner I suppose
__________________
*******************************
DH , DW & DD(14)
thestewarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: