Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #601
MeeskaMooska13
Earning My Ears

Quick question from a "first timer": do you have to complete the online check-in before you can book your excursions? Still have 2 weeks until it's my "turn"!

Polynesian 2014; Coronado Springs 2013; Coronado Springs 2012; Boardwalk Inn 2005; Yacht Club 2003; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2002; Polynesian 2001; Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort 2000; Wilderness Lodge 1996; Dixie Landings 1993; Off-site 1991; Off-site 1988

Magic in the Med 2013
MeeskaMooska13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #602
vegasgo
Earning My Ears

Hello fellow cruisers, glad to be back after a Disney Med cruise in 2010 - loved it.

Hoping to book for this one soon - has anyone got a good deal from UK sites? Cruise Direct appear the best option at the moment. We live in Southend and can get a flight from Southend Airport to Barcelona for £150 each - literally from leaving home to stepping on board the ship in about 4 hours!

Re internet connection, have read a lot about this on here. Last time on board the connection was slow and very expensive. From memory, there is free wifi at Vilefranche and Malta ports, plus a cheap internet cafe at Naples. There are probably others too.

Cheers guys.
vegasgo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #603
disneycrazy2004
too far away from Disney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMooska13 View Post
Quick question from a "first timer": do you have to complete the online check-in before you can book your excursions? Still have 2 weeks until it's my "turn"!
No, you don't . You can book excursions first and then do the check - in. If you want a certain Port Arrival Time you should check in first, but if excursions are more important then book those first And you can do both at 12 am ET
Good Luck
Disney World-first trip-off site 2004 All Star Music-September,2007 Disney Magic-March,2008 All Star Sports-September,2008 Pop Century-August,2009 All Star Movies-December,2009 Pop Century-August,2010 All Star Music-August,2011 Caribbean Beach Resort-August,2011 Disney Magic-March,2012 Port Orleans-Riverside-August,2012 Disney Magic-Summer2013-B2B Med Cruise DVC Saratoga Springs Resort-May,2014 Old Key West-August,2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge-August,2014
disneycrazy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #604
Pavilion 2000
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty_Lou View Post
Yay, got the two shore excursions we wanted. Couldn't get Palo brunch as no availability on any days for the 4 of us. Still some availability for the first 2 sea days for 2 people, but none left on last sea day. Happy booking
Well, I was up at 12am and was able to book some excursions (pizza making at Naples, and special vatican tour with rome on our own in Rome), and spa appointments. We're skipping Palo this time around.

I wasn't able to get the Doge Palace with Princess event after all, it was sold out. Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be, which meant I was able to book more spa appointments!

So, in Venice, we're going it alone... I booked a mask decorating class for 3pm and then a walking ghost tour at 8pm. Figured we'll decorate the masks, head back to the ship for dinner and drop off our daughter at the kids club before DH and I head to the ghost tour. I'm assuming the kids club will be open...

We plan to do the other ports on our own. But, I haven't booked anything yet. That'll be next on my list of to-dos.
Pavilion 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #605
newfamilyman

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Cay View Post
Just received this email from DCL:

"We noticed you had pre-reserved a Port Adventure in Dubrovnik, Croatia and wanted to let you know that recently we learned the ship will arrive in port earlier than planned that day. As such, some Port Adventure meeting and tour times have been adjusted to allow for a better flow and experience ashore."

I checked online and our Port Adventure has been moved one hour and 40 minutes earlier.
Do you know how much earlier? The Disney website says 11:15.

Thanks
newfamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #606
Pavilion 2000
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfamilyman View Post
Do you know how much earlier? The Disney website says 11:15.

Thanks
That is the revised time. It used to say 1pm.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #607
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Ummm, Pavilion 2000, ghost tour. -- you have my attention . .WHAT GHOST tour???? I just looked again. Am I just missing it?:confused
Old 04-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #608
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavilion 2000 View Post
Well, I was up at 12am and was able to book some excursions (pizza making at Naples, and special vatican tour with rome on our own in Rome), and spa appointments. We're skipping Palo this time around.

I wasn't able to get the Doge Palace with Princess event after all, it was sold out. Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be, which meant I was able to book more spa appointments!

So, in Venice, we're going it alone... I booked a mask decorating class for 3pm and then a walking ghost tour at 8pm. Figured we'll decorate the masks, head back to the ship for dinner and drop off our daughter at the kids club before DH and I head to the ghost tour. I'm assuming the kids club will be open...

We plan to do the other ports on our own. But, I haven't booked anything yet. That'll be next on my list of to-dos.
Kids club will definitely be open. Just make sure they know you are going off ship & what time you expect to be back.

Walking ghost tour does sound interesting - please tell more!

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #609
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasgo View Post
Hello fellow cruisers, glad to be back after a Disney Med cruise in 2010 - loved it.

Hoping to book for this one soon - has anyone got a good deal from UK sites? Cruise Direct appear the best option at the moment. We live in Southend and can get a flight from Southend Airport to Barcelona for £150 each - literally from leaving home to stepping on board the ship in about 4 hours!

Re internet connection, have read a lot about this on here. Last time on board the connection was slow and very expensive. From memory, there is free wifi at Vilefranche and Malta ports, plus a cheap internet cafe at Naples. There are probably others too.

Cheers guys.
Hi there and welcome aboard (almost). We are in Scotland and when we checked all prices Cruise Direct were almost the best price but were still more expensive than booking direct with Disney through their website. We've also booked our flights separately (BA being cheaper than Jet2!) and our Barcelona hotel.
Good luck and hope to see you back here soon confirming your booking.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #610
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasgo View Post

Cheers guys.
Oh and thanks for the wifi info too.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #611
Pavilion 2000
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
Ummm, Pavilion 2000, ghost tour. -- you have my attention . .WHAT GHOST tour???? I just looked again. Am I just missing it?:confused
We booked this separate from Disney. Viator.com has a Venice Ghost Walking Tour excursion that we booked. Avventure Bellissime is the actual company giving the tour (Viator acts like a middle man).

If you're interested in seeing the description, go to Viator.com, select Venice as the destination and it's one of the tours on the first page.

DH is a huge fan of ghost walking tours at all the various cities we visit. He also loves watching 'Ghost Busters' on tv.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #612
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

Hello again everyone! We now have our flight booked and will be arriving in Barcelona on the 23rd at 2:45 PM which gives us time to adjust to Europe time (thanks again Celestine) I'd appreciate hearing hotel reccomendations, in particular hotels that have their own airport shuttles. Thanks!
Also I was looking at the Apple maps satellite view of Barcelona and there appeared to several cruise ships in port at that time, in case you're into that sort of thing.
mikeandmela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #613
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Pavilion,thank you for the information. What about tenders and getting back to the ship? Also, my DD(12) is really interested in this tour. Any problems with her age group ona tour like this?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #614
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Pavilion,thank you for the information. What about tenders and getting back to the ship? Also, my DD(12) is really interested in this tour. Any problems with her age group ona tour like this?
I'm pretty sure the boat is docked overnight in Venice, there is a cruise line port so I take it thats where we'll be.

As far as getting on and off, on our last Med cruise we got back to Barcelona late the night before we disembarked and we were told we could get on and off all night so I don't know if Venice will be similar.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #615
Pavilion 2000
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Ship is docked overnight at Venice so I'm assuming you can come and go as you please. I would defer to those who's been on a cruise with an overnight stay to provide more info on that. We arrive in Venice Wed afternoon and leave Thursday afternoon so I booked the tour for Wed night.

As for the tour itself, I think your 12 year old would love the tour, assuming she doesn't scare easily. My daughter's 8 and I know she would be scared so for both our sanities, we're going to leave her back at the ship.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: