Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #436
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgura View Post
Hello All,
I checked in today. Here is what was already full:
Private Charter Boats in Venice
Segway in Malta
Day 6 Palo brunch 11-12 time frame

Other notes:
There is not a Palo brunch on the days we port late.
Pirate night day 9

I only was needing to book 1 excursion for my DH. Diving, anyone else diving in Croatia?
I do feel like there must be a lot of quiet platinum/concierge guests on this cruise. I have never seen a Palo spot or excursion fill up so early, especially for a Europe cruise. Does anyone have recommendations to see professional Flamenco dancing in Barcelona?
In regards to FE holders...on my last cruise, because I though my room was in a high traffic area I used a small canvas tote bag and zipped tied one handle to the hook.. (we received it as a gift in another FE exchange, it was Disney decorated) This was our best functioning holder. With one large "pocket" none of our gifts were ever spilling out. You may receive a lot of gifts at once on sea days. So those who need to keep things simple, consider a tote bag. It is also fun to give/receive gifts that represent where you are from.
Thanks for the pirate night info. I thought once we finally reached gold, life would be easier in regards to bookings etc. - apparently not!

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:17 AM   #437
Bunless
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgura View Post
Does anyone have recommendations to see professional Flamenco dancing in Barcelona?
I was very impressed with the dancing and musicians at this place
http://www.tablaocordobes.com/
I also very much enjoyed the setting. Flamenco should be done in close quarters, with low ceilings and small stages. You should feel like the dancers are on top of you... and they were. Is it cramped seating? yes, but that's part of the beauty of it.

It starts with a meal in the front room (I honestly don't remember much of it, it just didn't stand out), then you all move to the back room for the show.

Both my friend and myself (we are both former professional dancers, not Flamenco, but still dancers), thought the quality was excellent.

December '06 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
Fall '07 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1617056
February '08 Wilderness Lodge http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
January '09 Disneyland http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2075224
February/March '09 Grand Californian http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134228
October 2009 Grand Californian, January 2010 Eastern Caribbean/Vero Beach, February 2011 Old Key West, October 2011 Food and Wine/Old Key West, February 2012 Aulani, July 2012 Alaska Cruise,
December 2012 Saratoga Springs, February 2013, Saratoga Springs, July 2013 Mediterranean Cruise
Bunless is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #438
jgura
Discruiser

Dancing

Thank you Bunless!
jgura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #439
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!
Just one more victim of a drive-by tag attack

I am pleased to see that the things we wanted are still available, but surprised that there are already slots fully booked for Palo and some excursions.

We just booked our private tours for Naples and Rome. In the end we went with Smart Cruise Tours, much more affordable than RomeinLimo but still getting very good reviews on tripadvisor, cruise critic etc...

http://www.smartcruisetours.com/inde...les-excursions

We are doing a tour of Rome with a visit inside the Colloseum, seeing the highlights, exterior visit to Vatican \ St Peters (DH and I have been inside before and I am not prepared to brave the museums on the Sunday when its open - I fear it may be rammed full! My older daughter has recently learned about ancient Rome and is so excited about seeing the things she learned about. She particularly wanted to see ruins of Roman Baths so Julia at Smart Cruise Tours has created an amended itinerary to include Terme di Caracalla.

In NAples we are heading to Pompeii early for a couple of hours before it gets too hot and then on to Sorrento and Amalfi.

So excited now and really looking forward to booking the rest of our planned trips either with DCL or independently.

Mel
x
Melcatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #440
starmaker
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewarts View Post
Hi there, I hope you got our message about joining the FE. If not, please let us know. As we are new to the FE thing we aren't too sure how many will be in the group or if it is split and how it is split. I'd be grateful for a wee bit of advice. And when do you issue the info to the participants? So that we can organise the gifts in time?
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Thanks
Fiona
Hi The Stewarts, hope you are all well ( I've replied to your message, sorry it's a bit late, haven't been on here in a while ) As you know we took part in the FE on our 2011 DCL european trip and we'll be taking part again this time too! I'm hoping that the FE organiser will do a similar thing to Kate (who did a fine job last time around ) and split us into manageable little groups of around 10-12 staterooms...this made it so much easier with luggage space etc! We made 3 deliveries to each stateroom on our list over the course of the 10 days, although everyone tended to have their own plan and schedule which was fine. It's really good fun and our dd enjoyed making the deliveries! Hi to Helenreed too - looking forward to meeting you all again in the summer - G says hi to both E and L - no need for those huge sunglasses this time around girls!!
starmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:04 PM   #441
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone,

As we get closer, I have to ask a question, maybe a dumb question so please bear with me or giggle out loud. What about laundry? Do we need to bring enough clothes for the entire cruise or can we have laundry done while underway?

Mel, I see where you say that you've booked some excursions and might book the rest thru Disney. We were looking at Disney Cruises maybe two years ago and at that time Disney excursions were an all or nothing option. So it looks like things have changed. Right?
Thanks, Mike
mikeandmela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #442
pixie3
Mouseketeer
My nick name in high school was Boof!!!
I'm sure this isn't gonna go over well, but I'd like a banana clip

Hello. I am back from a very long Spring Break and ready to focus on this trip. Fortunately, I was able to book most of my stuff online while I was away. I got most everything I wanted.

A REMINDER: WE ARE DOING FE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. PLEASE PM ME. DETAILS ARE ON POST 363!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewarts View Post
Hi there, I hope you got our message about joining the FE. If not, please let us know.
Hey there. I did not get it. Would you please try to PM me again? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellycanada View Post
Hi. My husband is a little apprehensive as we will have limited space in our bags. Do we do this for every night of the cruise? Is the gift per person or per cabin? Thanks. Kelly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellycanada View Post
and I will have a really easy to make FE to hang up by our cabin.
Everything Celestine said.

No worries. Make this stress free. The gift can be very small! (IE: A magnet for every cabin or a candy bar) It can be per person or per cabin. No worries about the FE bag either. I have seen MANY plastic bags!!

That all being said..... I wanted to let you all know that I am currently making a spread sheet. I will post it when finished. You should also know that currently, I ONLY HAVE 9 CABINS SIGNED UP. I probably would not plan to split FE up unless it got REALLY crazy.

Thank you! Now I have to go deal with flights and Barcelona!
12/01 NYE Cruise Magic, 3/04 Magic, 8/05 Magic, 3/06 Magic, 5/07 1st Transatlantic Magic, 5/08 Panama Canal Magic, 3/9 Magic, 11/09 Wonder, 6/10 1st Baltic Sea Magic, 1/11 Maiden Voyage Dream, 6/11 Alaska, 7/12 Fantasy, 7/13 Magic Europe w/Venice, 7/14 Magic Greece w/Santorini, 6/15 Norwegian Fjords
pixie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #443
Nevesmum
Nevesmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie3 View Post
Hello. I am back from a very long Spring Break and ready to focus on this trip. Fortunately, I was able to book most of my stuff online while I was away. I got most everything I wanted.

A REMINDER: WE ARE DOING FE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. PLEASE PM ME. DETAILS ARE ON POST 363!!!

Hey there. I did not get it. Would you please try to PM me again? Thanks! :

No worries. Make this stress free. The gift can be very small! (IE: A magnet for every cabin or a candy bar) It can be per person or per cabin. No worries about the FE bag either. I have seen MANY plastic bags!!

That all being said..... I wanted to let you all know that I am currently making a spread sheet. I will post it when finished. You should also know that currently, I ONLY HAVE 9 CABINS SIGNED UP. I probably would not plan to split FE up unless it got REALLY crazy.

Hi pixie 3

Unfortunately I do not have enough posts to pm but would love to be included in fe list. My sister in law starmaker will be able to provide details hopefully if you require further info

Thanks
Nevesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #444
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandmela View Post
Hi Everyone,

As we get closer, I have to ask a question, maybe a dumb question so please bear with me or giggle out loud. What about laundry? Do we need to bring enough clothes for the entire cruise or can we have laundry done while underway?

Mel, I see where you say that you've booked some excursions and might book the rest thru Disney. We were looking at Disney Cruises maybe two years ago and at that time Disney excursions were an all or nothing option. So it looks like things have changed. Right?
Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike
Our plan is usually to pack enough clothes for just over half of our holiday. We then usually make use of the laundry on board the ship (an hour or so one evening or on a sea day). It only costs a few dollars and is charged to your room. There was quite a queue for the ironing facilities in the laundry room on formal night!
Also, on our 11 day Med cruise in 2011 we didn't book any Disney excursions and diy'd all ports ourselves. There's plenty of info on the DISboards and other websites (www.RonInRome.com is a good one). This time we've been looking at a couple of Disney tours but will mainly do our own thing as it can be done "more economically" than Disney.
I hope that helps.
Fiona
thestewarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #445
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie3 View Post

Hey there. I did not get it. Would you please try to PM me again? Thanks!

I've just sent you another message. I hope you got this one. If not, please could you try to pm us and I will reply direct to that.
Thanks, Fiona
thestewarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #446
waltcanada
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Mike

My husband is king of the laundry on-board! Our recent DREAM cruises let us charge the loads to our stateroom - easy!

Who has 12 pairs of underwear, anyways!?

Walt's Wife
waltcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #447
lynncullen
Earning My Ears

Looking for Venice ideas with children

I started booking excursions, but undecided when it comes to Venice.
For the 2nd day, I booked Venice On Your Own.
Need ideas for the 1st day. We have a son/11 and a daughter/3.
ideas??
March 2006..
Western Caribbean
July 2007..
11 Day Mediterranean
May 2008..
Maiden Voyage Mexican Riviera

June 2009..Eastern Caribbean
June 2010..12 Night Northern European Capitals Cruise
July 2013..12 Night Mediterranean
lynncullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #448
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!
Just one more victim of a drive-by tag attack

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike,

I think maybe you looked at the Adventures By Disney add on? That is an all or nothing and is very expensive (in my opinion) The regular Disney excursions have always been an "a la carte" style, you just pick which ones appeal and book those.

You can do this online when your booking window opens (I think it is 75 days before the cruise if you have never cruised before with Disney or 90 days if you are silver castaway club member.)

You can look here: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...re-excursions/ for info on excursions, including price and duration so that you know what if anything you want to book when your booking window opens. Just select a port from the drop down menu and see what is on offer.

Hope this helps,
Mel
x
Melcatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #449
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

Hello! I am booked on the cruise! Travelling with my friend. I'm very excited as I have been waiting to do this itinerary for a long time! Has/is anyone stayed/ing at the Grand Marina in Barcelona? Just wondering what it is really like!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #450
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Laundry

This may seem a little sad or even anal, but We store all those undies which have just 1 wear left in them, e.g. elastic about to give up the ghost so we can wear & throw which also leaves us extra souvenir room. We have done laundry on board & highly recommend not choosing a sea day as everyone does it then! Very early or very late tend to work well, or going to a laundry room on a deck with fewer cabins

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: