Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #391
pixie3
Mouseketeer
My nick name in high school was Boof!!!
I'm sure this isn't gonna go over well, but I'd like a banana clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcatfish View Post
Is this not the kind of thing you wanted: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...-doges-palace/

Not a ball as such but a reception with princesses combined with a tour.

I did wonder if they would manage to pull off a masquerade ball in Venice though.

Mel
x
YES!!! Why didn't I see that before? That is what I'm looking for. Thanks You!
12/01 NYE Cruise Magic, 3/04 Magic, 8/05 Magic, 3/06 Magic, 5/07 1st Transatlantic Magic, 5/08 Panama Canal Magic, 3/9 Magic, 11/09 Wonder, 6/10 1st Baltic Sea Magic, 1/11 Maiden Voyage Dream, 6/11 Alaska, 7/12 Fantasy, 7/13 Magic Europe w/Venice, 7/14 Magic Greece w/Santorini, 6/15 Norwegian Fjords
pixie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #392
rounderjd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie3 View Post
YES!!! Why didn't I see that before? That is what I'm looking for. Thanks You!
I think they just added it last week.

I'm curious about whether the Adventures by Disney itinerary would be updated to include something like this, as it would seem disappointing for ABDers to be left out of such a headline activity. When I called DCL to ask, they mentioned that the ABD itinerary might not be finalized until May and they weren't taking any bookings, announcing pricing, or even allowing a waitlist before then. Does anyone know if that's usual timing for ABD cruise add-on itineraries? Seems an odd way of doing things since every prospectiver ABDer would essentially be forced to book Port Adventures on their own beforehand just to be safe.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #393
SCFamily4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rounderjd View Post
I think they just added it last week.

I'm curious about whether the Adventures by Disney itinerary would be updated to include something like this, as it would seem disappointing for ABDers to be left out of such a headline activity. When I called DCL to ask, they mentioned that the ABD itinerary might not be finalized until May and they weren't taking any bookings, announcing pricing, or even allowing a waitlist before then. Does anyone know if that's usual timing for ABD cruise add-on itineraries? Seems an odd way of doing things since every prospectiver ABDer would essentially be forced to book Port Adventures on their own beforehand just to be safe.
We booked the ABD add on for the cruise late last year. I had emailed our travel agent just last week to see if there were any updates on the ABD proposed itinerary (as detailed on the ABD website). Our TA is on vacation this week so hopefully we will hear something next week. Strange that DCL said they weren't taking any bookings ... Hope that our reservation is OK!!

We are certainly looking forward to the cruise! Just booked some tours of Barcelona per-cruise, and were fortunate to use some frequent flyer miles to offset the crazy prices of the flights. We'll be flying in direct from Atlanta, and will be leaving on 7/22 (Monday evening).

Looks like a number of girls my daughter's age (she will be turning 11 while on the cruise). She loves meeting new people! My son (age 14) is a history buff, so he's really looking forward to the excursions. Hope there are a few kids his age as well!

Thanks for all the info on the site - this has been a fantastic resource for us!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #394
rounderjd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFamily4 View Post
We booked the ABD add on for the cruise late last year. I had emailed our travel agent just last week to see if there were any updates on the ABD proposed itinerary (as detailed on the ABD website). Our TA is on vacation this week so hopefully we will hear something next week. Strange that DCL said they weren't taking any bookings ... Hope that our reservation is OK!!
Interesting that they were taking ABD reservations before. Thinking positively, perhaps DCL outdid itself by arranging such fantastically awesome activities that it couldn't afford to keep taking bookings at last year's rates and wanted to stop the bleeding by holding off on new reservations until it could figure out how much more to charge the new people!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #395
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

Hello,

My DW (Disney Wife?) and I are booked on this cruise and looking forward to it. Since we have never cruised or traveled to Europe before I would welcome good advice from more seasoned travelers. I'm 51 and DW is.......uh ...........younger lol! Specifically looking for ideas on travel from the states, connecting flights, hotel bookings etc. PM me and I will also be searching here as well. Thanks!!
mikeandmela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #396
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandmela View Post
Hello,

My DW (Disney Wife?) and I are booked on this cruise and looking forward to it. Since we have never cruised or traveled to Europe before I would welcome good advice from more seasoned travelers. I'm 51 and DW is.......uh ...........younger lol! Specifically looking for ideas on travel from the states, connecting flights, hotel bookings etc. PM me and I will also be searching here as well. Thanks!!
Welcome! There is another thread which is generic Med cruise stuff, if I can find the link later I'll post it which has quite alot of good stuff. Sadly can't help with many of you areas as I'm a Brit, but my experience from the Baltic cruise was to arrive a couple of days before to give you a fighting chance of dealing with jet lag - you'll be looking at a 7-10 hour time difference depending on where you are coming from! THose that only had 1 night pre-cruise looked rather shell shocked when they got on the bus to Dover!

Celestine

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #397
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

Thanks Celestine!
mikeandmela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #398
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
Welcome! There is another thread which is generic Med cruise stuff, if I can find the link later I'll post it which has quite alot of good stuff. Sadly can't help with many of you areas as I'm a Brit, but my experience from the Baltic cruise was to arrive a couple of days before to give you a fighting chance of dealing with jet lag - you'll be looking at a 7-10 hour time difference depending on where you are coming from! THose that only had 1 night pre-cruise looked rather shell shocked when they got on the bus to Dover!

Celestine
Not sure if this will work:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046310

Otherwise, thread is called Med Cruisers . . . Let's Discuss 2013 Planning!

Celestine

DL - 2008 & 2012
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #399
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Welcome all newcomers. I've updated the roll call. The list is getting long - which is wonderful.

Hello Mike - looks like I found somebody my age finally. We keep listing the kids ages so that they find somebody. Guess it's our turn.

DD is excited. I'm just a little worried for her as she turns 13 three weeks after we get back, so I'm not sure how the clubs are going to be with her. I know she will be fine, this will be her 5th cruise and 3rd time on the Magic. Sounds like there will be a large group her age.

As for the information from the states, I won't be much help. I gave in and just booked it all through Disney. Last week my DW found flights cheaper, but we have to drive 3 hours to Chicago to make them work. So, we'll just stay with Disney doing the work.

At this point, I'm just looking forward to being on the ship again. Anybody have any idea about the menus for the trip??
Old 03-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #400
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!
Just one more victim of a drive-by tag attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
Welcome all newcomers. I've updated the roll call. The list is getting long - which is wonderful.

Hello Mike - looks like I found somebody my age finally. We keep listing the kids ages so that they find somebody. Guess it's our turn.

DD is excited. I'm just a little worried for her as she turns 13 three weeks after we get back, so I'm not sure how the clubs are going to be with her. I know she will be fine, this will be her 5th cruise and 3rd time on the Magic. Sounds like there will be a large group her age.

As for the information from the states, I won't be much help. I gave in and just booked it all through Disney. Last week my DW found flights cheaper, but we have to drive 3 hours to Chicago to make them work. So, we'll just stay with Disney doing the work.

At this point, I'm just looking forward to being on the ship again. Anybody have any idea about the menus for the trip??
did an 11 night cruise in 2010 and the menus included:

Let the Magic Begin
3 x Rotation Dinner Menu
Pirates Menu
Prince & Princess Menu
Flavours of the Meditteranian Menu
Master Chef Menu
Captain's Gala Menu
Til We Meet Again Dinner

and a couple which I can't recall

There were no actual repeated menus. Obviously this was 3 years ago so they may change it up a bit but I would imagine that for these longer cruises they just roll out the older menus rather than doing a complete re-do as for many they are 'new' menus anyway

Mel
x
Melcatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #401
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Doing the PIF dance!!!!

Celestine

DL - 2008 & 2012