Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #301
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the answer, KellyCanada, I too was wondering how everybody was booking. I should have figured it out. I just thought all of you were paid in full.

Almost had to cancel as I couldn't figure out the finances adequately. Now that I have, I don't have to tell the kids that we were really thinking about canceling.

Especially since DD12 has started to watch DVD's of places we will be going. I printed off all of the excursions offered through Disney (at least the ones we may be interested in) and it was several pages long.

Happy New Year to all. And the count down to cruise continues . . .
Old 01-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #302
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
Thanks for the answer, KellyCanada, I too was wondering how everybody was booking. I should have figured it out. I just thought all of you were paid in full.

Almost had to cancel as I couldn't figure out the finances adequately. Now that I have, I don't have to tell the kids that we were really thinking about canceling.

Especially since DD12 has started to watch DVD's of places we will be going. I printed off all of the excursions offered through Disney (at least the ones we may be interested in) and it was several pages long.

Happy New Year to all. And the count down to cruise continues . . .
Glad to hear you'll be making the trip Figmentfan. Our dd12 is also on cloud 9. We did the Med last year so she's already been to most of the ports and has her "places to visit" list lined up. If your DD needs any tips send her this way!
thestewarts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #303
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

I just booked our last tour, the rest of the ports we are doing on our own. I booked a 5 hour boat tour of Cinque Terre. We get to see all the towns from the water. We also get to swim and eat well. I now get to handover the planning to my husband. I do all the "big picture" research and planning (airline tickets, hotels, tours and guides) and he does the detail work (what order to see the sites, how to get to the sites, etc). Now we have to make sure we save enough money to pay for it all. I am getting very excited! Kelly.

Last edited by Kellycanada; 01-11-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Kellycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #304
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Well, we are now fully committed having just booked our flights. Managed to use our avios points for all 4 flights. Times not perfect, but makes it considerably cheaper this way. Now just to decide on our pre-cruise hotel. DCL preferred just don't seem to be within our budget, so guess its down to research & a touch of pixie dust, lol! Also starting to decide on what we want to do in each port, what is most economical etc.

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #305
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

Oops wrong spot. - Kellycanada here. Let me know if my message wasn't sent as my Pms don't always seem to work.
Kellycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #306
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellycanada View Post
Oops wrong spot. - Kellycanada here. Let me know if my message wasn't sent as my Pms don't always seem to work.
Worked great - I sent a reply!

DL - 2008 & 2012
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #307
kazerneke
Earning My Ears

some planning news :
Formal night is day 6/Sea day.
Pirate night is day 9/Croatia
semi formal night is day 10/ also a sea day.

and a question :

Is someone willing to startup the setup of FE-groups ?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #308
newfamilyman

Mouseketeer

I hope someone volunteers to be the FE exchange organizer, since it is always a fun part of the trip, especially since there will be so many of us coming from different parts of the world.
newfamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #309
newfamilyman

Mouseketeer

We wanted to book a Pompeii tour that included a hike, and since DS is 8, we can't do the Disney one. We booked that one, too, on Viator, which is 20% off right now and includes a pizza lunch in addition to the hike and tour that Disney offers.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #310
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfamilyman View Post
We wanted to book a Pompeii tour that included a hike, and since DS is 8, we can't do the Disney one. We booked that one, too, on Viator, which is 20% off right now and includes a pizza lunch in addition to the hike and tour that Disney offers.
We are having the exact same issue especially as I am concerned that it could just be too hot for a hike up vesuvius in July/August. Just can't decide whether to instead opt just for Pompeii & play safe, although I really want to go up Vesuvius. Decisions, decisions!

DL - 2008 & 2012
Old 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #311
honeybear66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
We are having the exact same issue especially as I am concerned that it could just be too hot for a hike up vesuvius in July/August. Just can't decide whether to instead opt just for Pompeii & play safe, although I really want to go up Vesuvius. Decisions, decisions!
We are having the same problem as our DD wil be 6 when we cruise. Just cant decide what to book
honeybear66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #312
newfamilyman

Mouseketeer

The Viator tour has an option for those who don't want to hike, they can wait at a certain spot for those who want to hike. It looks pretty similar to the Disney offering, but it includes a pizza lunch and is about $10 cheaper per person.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #313
rounderjd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_rules View Post
Hey Vancouver! I can recommend a couple of excellent private tours in Franfort/Rhine area for you. We just did this last summer.
That would be great! I don't know if I have enough posts yet to send you a direct message, but if you see this and are able to send any tips my way I'd be delighted to see them.
rounderjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #314
rounderjd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
Well, we are now fully committed having just booked our flights. Managed to use our avios points for all 4 flights. Times not perfect, but makes it considerably cheaper this way. Now just to decide on our pre-cruise hotel. DCL preferred just don't seem to be within our budget, so guess its down to research & a touch of pixie dust, lol! Also starting to decide on what we want to do in each port, what is most economical etc.

Celestine
For hotels, I've been spending some quality time comparing options using Priceline and Hotwire (both with the assistance of betterbidding.com, which is fantastic!) alongside Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, etc.

For our pre- and post-cruise stay in Barcelona, I ended up using Orbitz to book at the Nouvel Hotel Barcelona. From what I can tell, it's just off La Rambla. Looks like hotels are filling up for that time of year, so I wanted to snatch something up before they got crazy expensive!
rounderjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #315
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rounderjd View Post
That would be great! I don't know if I have enough posts yet to send you a direct message, but if you see this and are able to send any tips my way I'd be delighted to see them.
Sent you a PM. Hope you can get it
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987