Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #196
bitocas
Mouseketeer

HY EVERYONE! WE BOOK THIS CRUISE LAST MONDAY
SAILING IT WILL BE ME DW,GABRIELA(36),DH VITOR (38)AND DD MATILDE(6).
THIS IS GOING TO BE OUR THIRD DISNEY CRUISE,WE CRUISE THE MED IN SETP.2010 AND LOVE IT.WE ARE FROM PORTUGAL,SO IS QUICK FLIGTH TO BARCELONA.WE ARE FLYING THE DAY BEFORE THE CRUISE AND STAYING IN THE PRINCESA SOFIA GRAN HOTEL.PLEASE ADD US TO ANY FISH EXTENDER TRADE,WE PARTICIPATE IN OUR LAST CRUISE AND HAD A BLAST!LOOKING FORWARD TO MEET YOU ALL,AND FOR THIS MONTHS OF PLANING.
7 night med cruise 30 aug-6 sep 2014
bitocas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #197
rounderjd
Earning My Ears

Smile

"DW" (28) and I (31) recently booked -- our first cruise ever! Sounds like a great way to finally visit this part of Europe!

Lots of reading left to do...
rounderjd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #198
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone,

I've been remiss lately in updating the role call. I will be doing this shortly.

My DD has been asking me to do internet searches for this cruise. I have been putting it off because the cruise seems so far away. So, I promised her that tonight we will sit down and start to study, search, investigate, and otherwise do the research for this trip.

She has a thick, mostly emptly, three ring binder ready to go. I'm impressed with her enthusiasm. My DW and I have really brought her up right.

She is also in the process of negotiating how much freedom she will be allowed on the ship. After all, as she notes: "I have been on this ship at on two other trips."

We will see.

I hope all of you are doing well.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:33 AM   #199
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!
Just one more victim of a drive-by tag attack

Hi All,

I haven't been very active here so far as I have been concentrating on our trip for this year which was the 5 night Magic cruise to Canada followed by 5 nights in New York. We had a great time but found that 5 nights seemed so short after our last extended cruise and it was a shock to be on a cruise and be cold most of the time - I'm looking forward to next summer and actually wanting to go up on deck!

Mel
x
Melcatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #200
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenreed View Post
L will be so excited! She was asking me if you would be there, the girls will have a ball together!
Helen, we've now bitten the bullet and E has spoken to G to let them know. Looks like the 3 amigos will be together again next year, tell L E says hi and see you in July.

ps the banana was E after we confirmed this morning lol
thestewarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #201
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've been remiss lately in updating the role call. I will be doing this shortly.

My DD has been asking me to do internet searches for this cruise. I have been putting it off because the cruise seems so far away. So, I promised her that tonight we will sit down and start to study, search, investigate, and otherwise do the research for this trip.

She has a thick, mostly emptly, three ring binder ready to go. I'm impressed with her enthusiasm. My DW and I have really brought her up right.

She is also in the process of negotiating how much freedom she will be allowed on the ship. After all, as she notes: "I have been on this ship at on two other trips."

We will see.

I hope all of you are doing well.

Hi Figment fan

our daughter was 11 last year when we went on the Magic Med cruise. She loved it and we rarely saw her for the 10 days! We did some of these ports and will happily supply any info. we can to help anyone with trips and tips. Just booked for 2013 this morning so really looking forward to meeting everyone (again for some!)
Old 08-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #202
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

For those who are wondering about Rome and getting these as well as things to do check this out.

http://www.roninrome.com/%20transpor...-for-the-day-2

We used the tips from this site last year and have to congratulate Ron on all the info he's posted.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #203
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Hi

Can you add us to the the roll call please

myself (Alex) dw and DD (13 on departure date)
Old 08-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #204
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy2004 View Post
We are booked Very excited
Hi disneycrazy

Just to add to starmaker and helenreed's comments our daughter was one of the four girls on last years cruise. Booked today and joining the discussion. She can't wait to meet the other girls again so if you PM us our DD would be happy to join in the conversation.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #205
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybear66 View Post
Hello fellow cruisers can I join you?

Just booked this cruise tonight and so excited I can't wait

It will me myself, my DH and my DD who will be 6 when we sail.
We are from Scotland and although have been to Disney many many times this will be our first cruise to Europe.
Hi honeybear66, glad to hear there are other Scots on board. We were on the Med cruise last year and loved it. Have just booked up today for this cruise. Can't wait. Happy to provide any planning info - we did all our excursions on our own and survived.
See you there!
Old 08-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #206
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Cadwallader View Post
I would recommend Pompei
Hi folks, we did the Med cruise last year and ended up going to Herculaneum ourselves instead of Pompeii. Arrived in Naples on a Sunday, with not a word of Italian between us, got on the wrong train, managed to get back and on the correct train, but ended up making it to Herculaneum which is a smaller site than Pompeii but there are many more intact buildings there which were very interesting (and good for sheltering in, in July heat). It was quiet on the Sunday. Didn't stop much in Naples as there had been a bin men's strike and the streets were full of uncollected rubbish and the place was stinking!! Happy to provide more info for anyone who's interested.
Fiona
Old 08-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #207
Meg'n'walt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8T View Post
What was the weather like? We decided not to do it, thinking that WDW would be far to hot to enjoy!! Booked for October instead, 10 days in Disney. Booked the flights, so can't be indecisive on this one!

Hi!!! Only just seen your post. What a good idea, we enjoyed meeting everyone and it was a brilliant place to do it. The way this is going it will be the 'reunion' cruise! You have to come, too easy from where you are, have a great cruise, I will be interested to hear what you think of the Dream.

Kate
Hello Kate and everybody,

We're just back from the Dream and WDW, and you are right, it was very hot on board and in WDW !!
And,guess what... we've booked the Magic for the Venise cruise!
So we are looking forward to do the reunion cruise...this is going to be our 3th med cruise and now we are planning to do some things by ourselves instead of running around on the DCL tours

We liked the Dream as a ship,many new and cool things to do like the aquaduck and the midship detective agency but hated the crowd...to many people, to little time ! Cabanas was a nightmare in the morning, waiting in line for Mickey & co took hours, just one of the things we've loved on the magic in contrast with DLP or WDW was that it didn't took so long to see the Big Cheese...

Dining wasn't that great, except for Remy's (lovely guy from France as a waiter) and had the worst waiterteam ever in regular dining!! He keept trying to speak german to us, and didn't wanted to hear that flemish isn't the same

Prefer the Magic, yay !

So hope to see ya real soon ! :-)
Eurodisney S.C.A. Shareholder-WDW sept 1996-Caribbean Beach; DCL Magic sept 1998 (13th sailing ) + WDW Dixie Landings; DCL Magic sept 1999 + WDW Grand Floridian ; DCL Magic Halloween 2000 + WDW Dixie Landings; DCL Magic 12/08/2007-18/08/2007-Med cruise; DCL Magic 18/07/2010-30/07/2010 - Baltic cruise- DCL Magic 20/07/2011 - 30/07/2011 -Med cruise - Dreamcruise & WDW Wilderness Lodge 10-23/08/2012-inaugural sailing Norwegian Breakaway april 2013 - Norwegian Fjords HAL Eurodam - aug 2013

Last edited by Meg'n'walt; 08-29-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Meg'n'walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #208
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg'n'walt View Post
Hello Kate and everybody,

We're just back from the Dream and WDW, and you are right, it was very hot on board and in WDW !!
And,guess what... we've booked the Magic for the Venise cruise!
So we are looking forward to do the reunion cruise...this is going to be our 3th med cruise and now we are planning to do some things by ourselves instead of running around on the DCL tours

We liked the Dream as a ship,many new and cool things to do like the aquaduck and the midship detective agency but hated the crowd...to many people, to little time ! Cabanas was a nightmare in the morning, waiting in line for Mickey & co took hours, just one of the things we've loved on the magic in contrast with DLP or WDW was that it didn't took so long to see the Big Cheese...

Dining wasn't that great, except for Remy's (lovely guy from France as a waiter) and had the worst waiterteam ever in regular dining!! He keept trying to speak german to us, and didn't wanted to hear that flemish isn't the same

Prefer the Magic, yay !

So hope to see ya real soon ! :-)
You're not the only ones with that impression of the Dream! I don't know whether in part that is because it is such a short cruise where as on a longer cruise if the queue is long you say "that's OK, I've still got 10 more nights"! We will try the Fantasy so we can play Disney cruise ship bingo, but after that can easily see us sticking to the Magic or the Wonder

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #209
starmaker
Earning My Ears

Helenreed and TheStewarts...can't believe our girls are going to be together again on this cruise!! G is really looking forward to it, the three of them will have a great time My brother, sister-in-law and niece who'll be 6 when we sail (Nevesmum on this site) are also holidaying with us this time around so it should be great. Sorry G didn't get the chance to meet up with E this time around (up in Scotland), we were so busy but we'll be back up again towards the end of the year...and Helen we need to arrange the meet for the girls to go shopping when we can squeeze that in. Hope you all had a fab time in Florida this summer!! We're on the countdown now
starmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #210
jnweinmann
Earning My Ears

Hi
We also booked this cruise. It will be myself and the wife. We did the Med in 2010 and wanted to do it again with the new ports. Can you add us to the list. We look forward to meeting everybody.
jnweinmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: