Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #181
designertravels
Mouseketeer

Hello

Kate - I know how you feel with the vacations, but it's a good problem to have!

I loved all off the last Med cruise. I'll send you an email on my thoughts...after our next cruise.

You will not be too happy with the disney dining. We only go one or two days at a time so we usually just buy one meal there, bring snacks, and eat a big breakfast before starting.

Jill
designertravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:04 AM   #182
kazerneke
Earning My Ears

25 july.... 1 year to go.....
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #183
lark
DIS Veteran

Currently booked for this cruise. 50/50 whether we'll keep it, but posting to follow the discussion.
lark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #184
dkmjgal
Mouseketeer

Sorry to say we are no longer booked on this sailing. We've moved our cruise to the Eastern Fantasy New Years Eve cruise! I just couldn't justify the cost of the cruise, plus airfare from the states, plus overnight lodging before and after the cruise Maybe another year.

Have a great time everyone!!!!
2005 7 Day Western Cruise
2006 November - Cruised the Eastern with a bunch of Bananas
2010 August Disney Wonder from Key to Cay
2011 August ALASKA on the Wonder
2013-2014 Midnight Mouseketeers Fantasy NYE
dkmjgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #185
Nevesmum
Nevesmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaker View Post
Yes we too stayed at the AC Diplomatic last summer, this was our 2nd stay there. Fantastic location and short trip to the port. We'd been keeping an eye on this for prices, the hotel is now under the Marriott banner and has had a bit of a refurb but....the prices have rocketed!!! At least double what we've paid in the past and it looks like the pool has gone too So, unfortunately we'll be looking elsewhere - such a pity as we really like it there...
Hey starmaker

Hope all is well. Not posted for a while. Have checked the prices of Novotel Barcelona, they are looking reasonable.

This hotel is where we stayed last year good location for the port and filled with families going on the cruise so there was a great atmosphere and some friends made before embarkation. A little out of the centre of Barcelona though we did not mind. See you soon:wave2
Nevesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #186
Meg'n'walt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8T View Post
We are booked on this one too.

Myself, Otherhalf (OH) and DD who will be 8 when we travel.

Hi Helen and Judy - time for a reunion?!!!!!

Our 3rd DCL Med. Cruise, although we have done the Med - various ports, including all these - several times on different cruise lines.

Kate
Hi Kate! Great that you're doing this cruise too !!
We're also considering to do this Venice cruise; next week we'll be on the Dream and maybe we'll book onboard.
It would be great to meet you all again.
We could have a pre-cruise meet again at Tellar de Tapas !

Greetings and hugs,
Dagmar, Jos and Walt
Eurodisney S.C.A. Shareholder-WDW sept 1996-Caribbean Beach; DCL Magic sept 1998 (13th sailing ) + WDW Dixie Landings; DCL Magic sept 1999 + WDW Grand Floridian ; DCL Magic Halloween 2000 + WDW Dixie Landings; DCL Magic 12/08/2007-18/08/2007-Med cruise; DCL Magic 18/07/2010-30/07/2010 - Baltic cruise- DCL Magic 20/07/2011 - 30/07/2011 -Med cruise - Dreamcruise & WDW Wilderness Lodge 10-23/08/2012-inaugural sailing Norwegian Breakaway april 2013 - Norwegian Fjords HAL Eurodam - aug 2013
Meg'n'walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #187
Flora Fan
Can't wait for my next trip!

My DH, DS (22) and I will be on board. We managed to reserve one of the last connecting rooms.

I am so looking forward to seeing Italy. Saw a "house hunters international" show on Dubrovnik. This place looks really interesting.

Now it's time to save for excursions.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #188
designertravels
Mouseketeer

Hey Guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg'n'walt View Post
We're also considering to do this Venice cruise; next week we'll be on the Dream and maybe we'll book onboard.

Greetings and hugs,
Dagmar, Jos and Walt
Hi - I remember you! I'm trying to enlarge your avatar to make sure i have the correct people, but I think so. Remember us? We were pixie dusted with family of the day at boarding. Hope to see you next summer. We will be on the Fantasy Aug. 18'th.

Jill
Old 08-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #189
Meg'n'walt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by designertravels View Post
Hi - I remember you! I'm trying to enlarge your avatar to make sure i have the correct people, but I think so. Remember us? We were pixie dusted with family of the day at boarding. Hope to see you next summer. We will be on the Fantasy Aug. 18'th.

Jill
Hi Jill ! Of course we remember. It was Manon, the DD of our friends that filmed your big entrance on the Magic !! Maybe we'll see you again next summer! We will be on the Dream next week (Aug. 10th.) and after the cruise 6 days WDW.

Dagmar, Jos & Walt
Eurodisney S.C.A. Shareholder-WDW sept 1996-Caribbean Beach; DCL Magic sept 1998 (13th sailing ) + WDW Dixie Landings; DCL Magic sept 1999 + WDW Grand Floridian ; DCL Magic Halloween 2000 + WDW Dixie Landings; DCL Magic 12/08/2007-18/08/2007-Med cruise; DCL Magic 18/07/2010-30/07/2010 - Baltic cruise- DCL Magic 20/07/2011 - 30/07/2011 -Med cruise - Dreamcruise & WDW Wilderness Lodge 10-23/08/2012-inaugural sailing Norwegian Breakaway april 2013 - Norwegian Fjords HAL Eurodam - aug 2013
Meg'n'walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #190
Tony Cadwallader
Earning My Ears

We are booked on this trip

Hi everyone
just got home form an 8 night New York to Bahmas cruise on the Disney Magic which was out of this world. Disney's Castaway Cay is so wonderful. We are booked on this Med trip with Venice and I am counting the days already.
Tony Cadwallader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #191
Tony Cadwallader
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Mel,

I see you are doing New York. I have been thinking about doing something out of New York too, either the Bahamas, or Canada, for July, as we are still not sure what to do for our summer holiday.

The flights to NY are soooooo expensive from Manchester £818 direct.

Kate
Just got bck from the New York to Bahamas cruise, it was Fantastic
Old 08-07-2012, 05:06 AM   #192
K8T
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Cadwallader View Post
Just got bck from the New York to Bahamas cruise, it was Fantastic
What was the weather like? We decided not to do it, thinking that WDW would be far to hot to enjoy!! Booked for October instead, 10 days in Disney. Booked the flights, so can't be indecisive on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg'n'walt View Post

Greetings and hugs,
Dagmar, Jos and Walt
Hi!!! Only just seen your post. What a good idea, we enjoyed meeting everyone and it was a brilliant place to do it. The way this is going it will be the 'reunion' cruise! You have to come, too easy from where you are, have a great cruise, I will be interested to hear what you think of the Dream.

Kate
[SIZE="1"][I]1996 P&O Canberra - 1998 NCL Norweigan Dream - 1999 Celebrity Century - 2000 RCCL Grandeur of The Seas - 2001 P&O Oriana - 2002 P&O Arcadia - 2003 P&O Aurora - 2003 P&O Oceana (& Adonia) launch weekend - 2006 P&O Oceana - 2006 Celebrity Galaxy - 2007 P&O Oriana - 2008 Disney Wonder (Jan) - 2008 P&O Ventura (May) - 2009 P&O Aurora - 2009 P&O Oceana - June 2010 Disney Magic Med. - August 2010 Disney Magic Med. - July 2011 Disney Magic Med. - July 2012 DLP NBay - Oct 2012 WDW BC - July 2013 Disney Magic - July 2014 Venice to Rome booked
K8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #193
Tony Cadwallader
Earning My Ears

Quote:
What was the weather like? We decided not to do it, thinking that WDW would be far to hot to enjoy!! Booked for October instead, 10 days in Disney. Booked the flights, so can't be indecisive on this one!

Hi!!! Only just seen your post. What a good idea, we enjoyed meeting everyone and it was a brilliant place to do it. The way this is going it will be the 'reunion' cruise! You have to come, too easy from where you are, have a great cruise, I will be interested to hear what you think of the Dream.

Kate
Yes it was very hot, close to 100F and there were lots of people. I decided next time I would go about May time. Would recommend fast passes. But all in all a magical experience, Fireworks amazing.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #194
coraljoy
Earning My Ears

Just Booked!

I'm new to this discussion board, but am so very excited to have just returned from my first Disney cruise this weekend where I booked this amazing trip! I have two sons, one will be 11 and the other 9 at the time of the trip. I have heard a little bit about fish extenders. I don't know too much about it, but it sounds like a fun "secret santa" type activity. Is anyone doing that for this trip?

I can't hold in my excitement!!

Coral
coraljoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #195
designertravels
Mouseketeer

Welcome Coral

Welcome to the cruise! There will be a FE exchange. You can find more info on the main discussion board with ideas and pictures.

Jill

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: