Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #166
Celestine
DIS Veteran

More Barcelona places of interest
Estadi Olimpic - built for the great exhibition of 1929 and totally renovated for the 1992 Olympics

La Ciutat Vella - the oldest part of the city. An area of churches (Cathedral & Santa Maria de Mar), museums (History of the City & Piccasso), bustling markets (Boqueria), narrow twisting streets, La Ramba, the Barri Gotic, the monument to Colubus.

Eixample - exclusive shops and boutiques, large department stores and modernist architecture, especially in the Quadrat d'Or (Golden square)

Parc de la Ciutadella - the park contains an unusual mixture of possible places - a zoo, boating lake, the Parliament and museums of zoology and geology.

Museum of FC Barcelona - DH's top choice, lol!

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #167
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Celestine, thank you fo rth einformation.

Got a call from my dad the other day and he wanted to come visit us before our trip. He sounded confused when I said that yes the trip was on July 25, but NEXT YEAR not this year. He's used to us going to Disney at least every two years and somewhere else on the off year. I guess we confused him with the year off. Just reminded my how far off this trip is.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #168
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
Celestine, thank you fo rth einformation.

Got a call from my dad the other day and he wanted to come visit us before our trip. He sounded confused when I said that yes the trip was on July 25, but NEXT YEAR not this year. He's used to us going to Disney at least every two years and somewhere else on the off year. I guess we confused him with the year off. Just reminded my how far off this trip is.
I know what you mean. Will try & post some more on another port tomorrow. I just need more hours in my day!

Happy 4th July to all of you across the pond - hope you are all enjoying it!

Celestine

DL - 2008 & 2012
Old 07-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #169
newgeneb
Living on the Edge

Hi All

just checking in Hope everyone had a Great 4th
B2b Disney Magic to the Med May12&26 2007 Gene & Cheryl Wonder June12 2008 Wonder April 25th 2010 Magic to Tortola Sept 12thMagic to the Baltic June24th 2010Magic to Eastern Carribbean Jan 29th 2011 Dream 5day June12th 2011Wonder 15Day Hawaii April29th Fantasy to Western Carib Sept14thMagic to San Juan Sept27th 2014
newgeneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #170
designertravels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
I know what you mean. Will try & post some more on another port tomorrow. I just need more hours in my day!

Happy 4th July to all of you across the pond - hope you are all enjoying it!

Celestine
Thank you! enjoying a beautiful night at a resort in San Antonio Texas, catching up on disboards. Fireworks were gorgeous last night.
Jill
designertravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #171
tellyaddict
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by designertravels View Post
Thank you! enjoying a beautiful night at a resort in San Antonio Texas, catching up on disboards. Fireworks were gorgeous last night.
Jill
That's funny - we were going to go to San Antonio and Texas next year until we decided to book this cruise instead! The transatlantic flights were just too expensive, not that this cruise is a cheaper alternative... Texas still on the bucket list though. Disney do cruise from Galveston

Not long till we can say 'only a year till our Disney med cruise'!!

Wendy DH DD(11) DD(9)
tellyaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #172
kazerneke
Earning My Ears

Hi all,

After a lot of research, a lot of planning, I can finally post my first message on this board....

"We've booked this cruise" ....

Who are "we" ... myself, DW , DD(8 years in 2013 )

We live in Belgium, so we save some money on flights to barcelona ( only 125 dollar / person )

I've already started with planning the ports, we will do all ports on our own....

Next thing to do is searching a hotel in barcelona ... probebly "Diagonal Zero"....
kazerneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #173
K8T
DIS Veteran

Hi and welcome

Our dd will be 8 when we cruise too.

Currently on Paris having a few days in the city and two days at dlp. Not told dd yet, just that we are going to a different hotel. Having said that last time it was a disappointment, nothing like wdw. Still, we have booked that for Oct. !!!

We liked the Ac Diplomat in Barcelona last year, great location and just had a refit end of last year. Their prices for end July weren't out last time I looked, could be worth checking. DCL use them too
[SIZE="1"][I]1996 P&O Canberra - 1998 NCL Norweigan Dream - 1999 Celebrity Century - 2000 RCCL Grandeur of The Seas - 2001 P&O Oriana - 2002 P&O Arcadia - 2003 P&O Aurora - 2003 P&O Oceana (& Adonia) launch weekend - 2006 P&O Oceana - 2006 Celebrity Galaxy - 2007 P&O Oriana - 2008 Disney Wonder (Jan) - 2008 P&O Ventura (May) - 2009 P&O Aurora - 2009 P&O Oceana - June 2010 Disney Magic Med. - August 2010 Disney Magic Med. - July 2011 Disney Magic Med. - July 2012 DLP NBay - Oct 2012 WDW BC - July 2013 Disney Magic - July 2014 Venice to Rome booked
K8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #174
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8T View Post
Hi and welcome

Our dd will be 8 when we cruise too.

Currently on Paris having a few days in the city and two days at dlp. Not told dd yet, just that we are going to a different hotel. Having said that last time it was a disappointment, nothing like wdw. Still, we have booked that for Oct. !!!

We liked the Ac Diplomat in Barcelona last year, great location and just had a refit end of last year. Their prices for end July weren't out last time I looked, could be worth checking. DCL use them too
With the state of thE Euro & particularly the state of the Spanish economy do we think it will best to book early or hold out to see if we grab a last minute bargain? Do we think it will be tourist resorts rather than dual business/ tourist resorts that are hurting most & therefore most likely to discount? Can't believe it is only just about a year to go - will try & get some more port stuff on line when I (finally) get some time!!!

Celestine

DL - 2008 & 2012
Old 07-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #175
newgeneb
Living on the Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazerneke View Post
Hi all,

After a lot of research, a lot of planning, I can finally post my first message on this board....

"We've booked this cruise" ....

Who are "we" ... myself, DW , DD(8 years in 2013 )

We live in Belgium, so we save some money on flights to barcelona ( only 125 dollar / person )

I've already started with planning the ports, we will do all ports on our own....

Next thing to do is searching a hotel in barcelona ... probebly "Diagonal Zero"....
Congrats on your 1st post and Welcome
B2b Disney Magic to the Med May12&26 2007 Gene & Cheryl Wonder June12 2008 Wonder April 25th 2010 Magic to Tortola Sept 12thMagic to the Baltic June24th 2010Magic to Eastern Carribbean Jan 29th 2011 Dream 5day June12th 2011Wonder 15Day Hawaii April29th Fantasy to Western Carib Sept14thMagic to San Juan Sept27th 2014
newgeneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #176
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone,

Welcome newcomers!
Added some of the names to the role call.

Anyway, finally finished a report that I have been working on for 7 months and can now find some time to check up on the boards. My mind still is not yet on this cruise, just too far away.

I was reminded yesterday that I still have a dummy cruise set for December that I have to deal with. Maybe I can take DW into a cruise without the kids? I still have to move it one way or another as I can't take off of work at that time. Oh well, life is rough when you have to plan what to do with a cruise.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #177
kazerneke
Earning My Ears

I've looked into AC Diplomatic in Barcelona, but I find the price for one night to high.... Diagonal Zero is 129 euro for the 3 of us , breakfast included....
The prices of ac diplomatic are almost double of that....
kazerneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #178
starmaker
Earning My Ears

Yes we too stayed at the AC Diplomatic last summer, this was our 2nd stay there. Fantastic location and short trip to the port. We'd been keeping an eye on this for prices, the hotel is now under the Marriott banner and has had a bit of a refurb but....the prices have rocketed!!! At least double what we've paid in the past and it looks like the pool has gone too So, unfortunately we'll be looking elsewhere - such a pity as we really like it there...
starmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #179
designertravels
Mouseketeer

Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellyaddict View Post
That's funny - we were going to go to San Antonio and Texas next year until we decided to book this cruise instead! The transatlantic flights were just too expensive, not that this cruise is a cheaper alternative... Texas still on the bucket list though. Disney do cruise from Galveston

Not long till we can say 'only a year till our Disney med cruise'!!
Hi Wendy, maybe you can make it in 2014! We only live 1 1/2 hours from San Antonio. It's always a nice weekend visit for us. We are taking advantage of the Galveston sailing this Christmas. Can't wait. My twins will be 10 on the Med cruise.

Kate - Do you have "OUR" cruise planned out yet?

Jill

Last edited by designertravels; 07-16-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Med
designertravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #180
K8T
DIS Veteran

Jill

Met up with Mike and Lisa yesterday at Alton Towers and we were discussing the cruise, but we couldn't remember what all the stops were and in what order!!!!!! Having done so many Meds., they sort of merge into one!!!!

We were saying however, that we should take it easier this time and not try and do too much, but last time we did that we ended up in Rome and Pompeii!!! (your fault!).

I need to get WDW in October out of the way before I can think about next year. I am already stressing about dining. I may need your help on that one.

Kate
[SIZE="1"][I]1996 P&O Canberra - 1998 NCL Norweigan Dream - 1999 Celebrity Century - 2000 RCCL Grandeur of The Seas - 2001 P&O Oriana - 2002 P&O Arcadia - 2003 P&O Aurora - 2003 P&O Oceana (& Adonia) launch weekend - 2006 P&O Oceana - 2006 Celebrity Galaxy - 2007 P&O Oriana - 2008 Disney Wonder (Jan) - 2008 P&O Ventura (May) - 2009 P&O Aurora - 2009 P&O Oceana - June 2010 Disney Magic Med. - August 2010 Disney Magic Med. - July 2011 Disney Magic Med. - July 2012 DLP NBay - Oct 2012 WDW BC - July 2013 Disney Magic - July 2014 Venice to Rome booked
K8T is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: