Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #61
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrykewy View Post
If we have a single card account with two cards (myself and my wife), we only pay one $49 annual fee, correct?
That's correct, $49 fee per account not per card holder.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #62
gkrykewy
TTA PeopleMover Fan Club President

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
That's correct, $49 fee per account not per card holder.
Thanks. I'm all-in on this; just hope we receive our new cards before Feb 20th or so when we'd like to pay off our DCL cruise balance.

gkrykewy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #63
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

They dropped the limit on our card a year or so ago when the credit crunch happened.....it's now a measely 700.00.....so it would take me a LONG time to charge enough to make the new Premier card work. I'd have to max it out, pay it off, max it out, pay it off LOL

Thinking about calling them and asking that our original limit be reinstated before our trip this year....we always go over the 700.00 limit at Disney and then have to move on to our other rewards card because it takes Chase a day or two to post payments so even if we pay it off while at Disney it doesn't give us enough time to charge again.

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #64
jenjifer
Mouseketeer

I totally understand that other Chase cards make more economic sense, but I love the little bit of Magic I feel every time I pull my card out of my wallet to pay for something. I know, I know. I'm also the person who doesn't mind extra money being taken out of my paycheck for taxes because I like the little rush of a nice refund come tax time.

So the way I understand it, I can go to the grocery store and buy giftcards to be used at places that otherwise wouldn't qualify for the 2% reward (clothing stores, Dunkin' Donuts, etc.) receive the benefit of the 2% grocery reward. Sweet.

Also, can anyone confirm that if you use a TA to book a vacation, that Disney charges your card and not the TA? I'm hoping that's the case because I really loved my TA at Small World Vacations, and was hoping to use her again when I book... hoping 2013 package rates come out early again this year so I can make it in that 3-month 5% window! That would ensure that I had a Magical Day!
Old 01-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #65
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

Quote:
Also, can anyone confirm that if you use a TA to book a vacation, that Disney charges your card and not the TA?
I may be wrong, but I think it depends on what you book. If it is a WDW package, like free dining or something, then it goes through Disney. If it's say, a AAA room only, I think it is through TA.

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #66
jenjifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat fan View Post
I may be wrong, but I think it depends on what you book. If it is a WDW package, like free dining or something, then it goes through Disney. If it's say, a AAA room only, I think it is through TA.
Awesome! That's what I was hoping. I'd be booking a package (can't wait for rates to come out!)
Also? LOVE your name. Did you get over to Gillette for the sendoff today? I've seen photos and that place was nuts! Go Pats!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #67
bkool2323
Earning My Ears

I called 3 times about the Disney Vacation Club designation on the new Premier Card and the answer each time is NO. It will not be on the new card. If this is important, than do not upgrade.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #68
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahcat View Post
Just upgraded! We'll earn more than $200 in rewards just from paying off the balance on our cruise. BTW, we pay ours off every month too and also had no problem qualifying.
I received the invitation in the mail today. I paid off my cruise last week. Bummer.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #69
Dziactor
Mouseketeer

Just got the mail about it and upgraded. Thanks for the info here. I spend enough to make this worth it. May try to even pay off my next cruise quicker so i get the x5 points if the cruise works.

Dziactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #70
Poohbear5
DIS Veteran

Just cannot bring myself to pay an annual fee on a credit card so think I will stick with the current one.
Poohbear5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #71
arlenesp
Silly me, I thought paper was for the 1st
I need to get back to straightening. Yeah right!

Just found this thread.Actually can help with some of the questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I don't think I will upgrade. My groceries are all bought at Target, which they don't classify as grocery, plus I get 5% off with my red card. My gas is all bought with my AMEX at Costco, so I dont' think I would spend enough on other items in the double rewards category to make it worth it. I sure do love the designs though, and wish I could have the Sorcerer Mickey one!!
According to chase, target is a yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahcat View Post
The balance on our June Cruise with DCL is due in March. If we upgrade to this card and use it to pay off our balance, will we earn 5% back on that balance since it would be charged in the first 90 days after upgrade? If so, this would definitely be worth it for us.
Yup It would count
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
How do I see the annual statement. I just looked at my account but only find a monthly statement..
www.chase.com/yearend

Quick link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkdmc View Post
Does anyone know if there's an additional application process or does one just agree to the annual fee and transfer to the new card?

I'm asking b/c I'm a SAHM and was able to get the regular Disney Visa 2 years ago but now new credit card rules claim you have to have personal income to be approved for a CC (at least that's what my local news station reported). Basically, I'm nervous about having to re-apply for this new card.

TIA!
If the upgrade is available for you, it will just change the current card to the premier. No credit checks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
We upgraded! We earn more than the $49 each year now and use our disney visa for everything and then pay it off each month. We'll recoup way more than the $49 fee.

I read somewhere that the benefits kick in 3 days after you upgrade. Does anyone know if this is true? Since we keep the same account number I can see how that would be. Not sure though if we have to activate the new card before it takes effect. Anyone????
Yes 3 business days from upgrade. current card will work til you activate the new one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobmcf View Post
How do you know what qualifies as a grocery store?

There are a few independently owned grocery stores in my area that we go to every so often. I'd want to know if they count before I go!
If you have a current charge from that grocery, then call Chase and they can tell you whether it will count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter View Post
I want the card but my only hestitation is that my current card says Day 1 and DVC member wondering if my new card will say that as well!!

Anyone find out if the cruises are still 6 months intrest free?
Cruises yes. Day 1 yes. I don't see why they can't add the 4th line embossing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjifer View Post
I totally understand that other Chase cards make more economic sense, but I love the little bit of Magic I feel every time I pull my card out of my wallet to pay for something. I know, I know. I'm also the person who doesn't mind extra money being taken out of my paycheck for taxes because I like the little rush of a nice refund come tax time.

So the way I understand it, I can go to the grocery store and buy giftcards to be used at places that otherwise wouldn't qualify for the 2% reward (clothing stores, Dunkin' Donuts, etc.) receive the benefit of the 2% grocery reward. Sweet.

Also, can anyone confirm that if you use a TA to book a vacation, that Disney charges your card and not the TA? I'm hoping that's the case because I really loved my TA at Small World Vacations, and was hoping to use her again when I book... hoping 2013 package rates come out early again this year so I can make it in that 3-month 5% window! That would ensure that I had a Magical Day!
As long as the TA uses Disney for booking.If it comes up as say Small World vacations or AAA no
Sept 2004 First Wonder cruise with Hurricane Jeanne,Jan 2005 Wonder,Sept 2005 Wonder, Dec 2006 Wonder, Capt Jacks EB PC Repo Aug 08, Sept 25 2011 Dream, Sept 19 2014 3 day, July 14 2014 Cruising with the Pirates to Alaska
arlenesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #72
MichelleB
DIS Veteran

We upgraded a couple days ago. How do I know when Chase has switched us from the regular rewards to the premier one?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #73
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
We upgraded a couple days ago. How do I know when Chase has switched us from the regular rewards to the premier one?
I'd like to know too. According to the paperwork I received today, the 3 month "5% bonus" period starts the day you upgrade. So does that mean my 90 days already started on my "old" card and will just continue when I activate the new one?
HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #74
walkdmc

DIS Veteran

I had to call to upgrade but I did it and should be getting my new card any day now.

I should not admit this but the primary reason I switched was to get the Sorcerer Mickey. I love DHS and that card reminds me of the park!

I had the Tink design and they changed it from the last issue of my Tink card. I was disappointed when I saw the new design doesn't have the lime green and the Tink is so large the tips of her wings and her toes are cut off!!! I really don't like the new design so I'm looking forward to the Sorcerer, Yensid.
walkdmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #75
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkdmc View Post
I should not admit this but the primary reason I switched was to get the Sorcerer Mickey.
I really want the Sorcerer Mickey card but won't be up grading my card. I hope in the future they have this as an option for the regular Disney Visa. In the mean time it is me and classic Mickey.
disneychrista is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: