Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #1021
megagarwal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikids
For those wondering how awesome the Edge is (versus the Vibe) for kids around 13 yrs old, here is a pic I took on the Magic last Spring when my daughter was 12.5. A group of kids used the Edge as a meet place and then went everywhere together (shows, pool, character photos, trivia, etc). None of these kids knew each other (except for these dis boards) before the cruise and they became nearly inseparable. My DD is the blond (2nd girl from left) with the peace sign on her shirt and someone on her back. She is happy to answer questions about the Edge if anyone has any.
Hi. Nice to hear that there'll be other 13 year olds on the cruise too. My brother had a question for ur daughter: "hi, my name is Vedant and I'm 13 yrs old. Just wondering if Edge has ps3 consoles and whether we can carry our own games.?¿"
megagarwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #1022
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Is the cruise documents really mandatory to get in the ship? I guess it is just to get the check-in process faster, right?

Mailing system is a real failure in my country
You don't have to ave them to oars the ship as you will have your printed docs from online check n. they are just an added excitement to the holiday build up!
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #1023
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Is the cruise documents really mandatory to get in the ship? I guess it is just to get the check-in process faster, right?

The only real important thing in the package is your luggage tags.

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #1024
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

double post....

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Last edited by Evad; 04-23-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #1025
Arushy1
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I have never been on a cruise before but I would think that you would need your documents, for security. I think it might be a bit like you need a ticket to get in a plane so I think you would need something to get in the ship, but I am sure someone that's done it before will clear it up for you.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #1026
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushy1 View Post
I have never been on a cruise before but I would think that you would need your documents, for security. I think it might be a bit like you need a ticket to get in a plane so I think you would need something to get in the ship, but I am sure someone that's done it before will clear it up for you.
We've never needed any of our docs because we complete the on-line check in. The only paperwork they ask for is the one you've signed authorizing how you will pay for the on-board charges. They can print out a copy of that if you don't have it. They'll also ask you to complete the short health form. If you don't have your luggage tags, or upgrade to another cabin, they have tags for you to use. You show them your passport and they bring up everything on their computer. As some one else said, the docs are mostly for the fun of getting them. They use to be even more fun, coming in a treasure chest or something else very cute, but the book is still neat to get.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #1027
EjeG
Nutz

Quote:

No, not really but if you don't have your luggage tags, you have to get some fixed up once you get to the port and have to mess with the bags and all that. Normally the first thing you do once arriving at the port and gotten out of the transportation there is to just drop off your bags with the baggage boys at the curb and than you take yourself and carry on items to check in counter. Not sure what you would have to do if your luggage tags are missing or lost. But they need the tags to know which room to deliver them to.

For checkin all you need is your name and a photo id, just like at the airport. If all in your party has cruised before it's generally enough to have one in your party to go check in. Anyone that has not cruised before need to come with since they take a picture that they store into their system so when you embark and disembark and you scan your KTTW (Key To the World) card the "security" will get your picture up on their computer to make sure it's really you.

This way you don't need photo ID to get on or off the ship, however some ports have port security that require some form of photo id as well your room key before you can get out to the ship. I know there was numerous ports on our 11 day Med we did a few years ago that either didn't check anything to get access to the dock or just wanted to see that you had what looked like a room key from the cruise ship (many never even looked close enough to tell if it was a "valid" key), but there was a few ports that wanted to see not only the room key but also a photo id (was almost surprised that our american DL's was enough). But after all if you have the wrong key card and the photo in the computer system when you board doesn't match the ship staff will not let you board (or leave). I ran into this once at Castaway Cay (think it was), needed to run up to the room to grab something and had my DD's key and mine in same pocket and scanned hers by accident instead of mine, I was quickly stopped, they reversed her "re-entry" and scanned my key and was allowed in (my being very embarrassed and apologizing all over myself and they just laughed telling me it happens ALL the time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by megagarwal View Post
Hi. Nice to hear that there'll be other 13 year olds on the cruise too. My brother had a question for ur daughter: "hi, my name is Vedant and I'm 13 yrs old. Just wondering if Edge has ps3 consoles and whether we can carry our own games.?¿"

Our DS is alos 13 years old. I want to say with almost certainty that they have PS3 consoles, as well as Xbox and Wii's. As far as bringing your own games, I believe they do not permit that, all the games have to meet Disney guidelines when it comes to violence/nudity/profanity/blood&gore.
Been a while since I was inside any of the clubs but I think (might only be the smaller kids clubs) that the access to the console itself is very limited so if you want to play a specific game you basically have to go to a specific console since you can't change the game in the console by yourself, if the console needs to be reset for any reason you might even have to ask a counselor to do it. Will double check this with my DS if he can recall from last time he cruised.
EjeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #1028
Williams mum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I'm also unable to check in for us. It's been crashing (since last night) at the part after I enter the flight info.

I click save and it goes to an Error page. I'm using Chrome.

Anyone else?
Yes. Internal server error 500 has become my new best friend. I have been trying to access the checkin pages for almost 60 days! I have called the Disney help line about 4 times. They don't care. Apparently I am checked in but I can't check the info that they have and the last time I looked, what little information I can actually see on my computer had us listed as US citizens with US passports when we are British. I entered us as British (obviously!)

I called the helpline to change it (I couldn't - internal server error 500!) and they didn't want to take the time to go through the rest of my checkin, even though what I managed to print the one and only time it worked, bore no relation to what was now showing on both our screens on at least the two pages that I could see. I can only assume therefore that online checkin doesn't actually matter that much? We have also booked Disney transfers from Port to airport after the cruise, through our travel agents, and I cannot access the page to enter this information. I cannot enter the requisite flight information that Disney needs (internal server error 500!). The woman on the Disney help desk wouldn't take that info from me because I booked through a travel agent. Nope. Not making this up. So I have literally had to email my flight details (independently booked) to my travel agent so that she can email on to Disney?? And the Disney woman ended the conversation by suggesting that I should ask to speak to a supervisor at the travel agent....?! Seriously?! I have lost the will to go on!
Williams mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #1029
goofs
Earning My Ears

Theres brunches online!
goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #1030
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofs View Post
Theres brunches online!
Thank you sooooooooo much for the heads up! We managed to secure a booking on the first sea day. We had been so disappointed that we missed out before!

That has made my day!!!

Doing the happy dance now!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #1031
goofs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
Thank you sooooooooo much for the heads up! We managed to secure a booking on the first sea day. We had been so disappointed that we missed out before!

That has made my day!!!

Doing the happy dance now!
No probs, me tooo, woohoo
goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #1032
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofs View Post

No probs, me tooo, woohoo
I'm thinking they must've opened up a new time slot as its still showing as available now for 12:30pm
Old 04-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #1033
Arushy1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post

I'm thinking they must've opened up a new time slot as its still showing as available now for 12:30pm
Thanks so much for the heads up too. I am all so doing the happy dance. X
Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #1034
WVMD

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams mum View Post

Yes. Internal server error 500 has become my new best friend. I have been trying to access the checkin pages for almost 60 days! I have called the Disney help line about 4 times. They don't care. Apparently I am checked in but I can't check the info that they have and the last time I looked, what little information I can actually see on my computer had us listed as US citizens with US passports when we are British. I entered us as British (obviously!)

I called the helpline to change it (I couldn't - internal server error 500!) and they didn't want to take the time to go through the rest of my checkin, even though what I managed to print the one and only time it worked, bore no relation to what was now showing on both our screens on at least the two pages that I could see. I can only assume therefore that online checkin doesn't actually matter that much? We have also booked Disney transfers from Port to airport after the cruise, through our travel agents, and I cannot access the page to enter this information. I cannot enter the requisite flight information that Disney needs (internal server error 500!). The woman on the Disney help desk wouldn't take that info from me because I booked through a travel agent. Nope. Not making this up. So I have literally had to email my flight details (independently booked) to my travel agent so that she can email on to Disney?? And the Disney woman ended the conversation by suggesting that I should ask to speak to a supervisor at the travel agent....?! Seriously?! I have lost the will to go on!
Don't worry about it. There is nothing done online that can't be done in person. Disney asks for, but doesn't really need the flight information... There are many cruisers who don't check in online and do just fine. Stop stressing yourself over this and just stress about how close the cruise is...

Virgil
Pirate:

Past Cruises/Trips: Sept. 7, 2012 Canada, 06/12/2010 12 night Inaugural Baltic, 07/11/10 Kristin and Nicks Marriage cruise on the Wonder! 07/18/09 7 Night Eastern (St. Thomas and Tortola),08/01/08 Cities of Knights and Lights (ABD tour) 06/08/08 7 Night Mexican Riviera, 06/16/07 - 11 Night Mediterranean, 12/24/06 - Norwegian Sun (not an NCL fan...), 04/16/06 - Easter 4 day....The First Double Scoop Group 05/27/06, 10 Day Holiday Cruise 12/18/04 , 4 Day Wonder 04/11/04, 1st Cruise 3 day Wonder 09/25/03 Too many WDW visits to post.......
WVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #1035
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams mum View Post

When you check in at the port, they swipe your passport and the computer will automatically re-key all the info.

I know this b/c I forgot I had a dba on my passport, and at Seattle last year they re-did all the info while I was standing there. It took a bit longer than if the info had just be in the system, but it wasn't a big deal.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: