Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 02:55 AM   #841
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathervincent View Post
Does anyone know the entertainment schedule - live shows - for this cruise? Thanks!
Looks like no one does.

Not long now and I guess we'll find out for ourselves.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #842
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Would love everyone's thoughts/opinions on delivery FE gifts ---

I've been reading off and on about some FE gift thefts. My girls and I are working really hard on our FE gifts and we'd hate to see them stolen. They also look like they might be worth "something" so the temptation will be there

Would it be tacky to leave the FE gifts in the FE, but knock on the door and slip a note underneath saying that the gifts are outside so that they are collected immediately?

Is it better just to hand them to the room steward around 4pm in the afternoon? My DH and I would split up and deliver the gifts all at the same time on a Sea Day to catch everyone's room stewards.

We're getting on the ship late on Day 1 so we can't go to the meet.

What do you think people on our cruise would prefer? We will only be delivering on the 2 Sea days since our port days will be so long. Thanks!

Last edited by lilpooh108; 03-26-2013 at 01:29 PM.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #843
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Would love everyone's thoughts/opinions on delivery FE gifts ---

I've been reading off and on about some FE gift thefts. My girls and I are working really hard on our FE gifts and we'd hate to see them stolen. They also look like they might be worth "something" so the temptation will be there

Would it be tacky to leave the FE gifts in the FE, but knock on the door and slip a note underneath saying that the gifts are outside so that they are collected immediately?

Is it better just to hand them to the room steward around 4pm in the afternoon? My DH and I would split up and deliver the gifts all at the same time on a Sea Day to catch everyone's room stewards.

We're getting on the ship late on Day 1 so we can't go to the meet.

What do you think people on our cruise would prefer? We will only be delivering on the 2 Sea days since our port days will be so long. Thanks!
This will be our first cruise, but I wouldn't mind if you wanted to knock on the door and post a note under the door. maybe we could all leave a calling card (nothing fancy) under the door so we know that something has been added. This way we would know if something has been taken.

They don't need to be signed, just saying something like "special delivery notice".

Old 03-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #844
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
This will be our first cruise, but I wouldn't mind if you wanted to knock on the door and post a note under the door. maybe we could all leave a calling card (nothing fancy) under the door so we know that something has been added. This way we would know if something has been taken.

They don't need to be signed, just saying something like "special delivery notice".
Actually that's a good idea. Even if I"m not in the room, I'd like to know when I get back that something should be in the FE.

Maybe I'll slip a note and not knock, so as not to bother people who might mind.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #845
F2superstar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Actually that's a good idea. Even if I"m not in the room, I'd like to know when I get back that something should be in the FE.

Maybe I'll slip a note and not knock, so as not to bother people who might mind.
When I was explaining the FE Exchange to friends some of them did mention the possibility of theft. Maybe Annemarie could give us some advice on this?
F2superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #846
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2superstar View Post

When I was explaining the FE Exchange to friends some of them did mention the possibility of theft. Maybe Annemarie could give us some advice on this?
I've never had any problems with theft from FEs as far as I know, but I've been reading more and more about it lately.

I think it's a great idea if you want to leave a calling card, even if the card is left in the pocket of the FE but separate from the gift.

Another good time to deliver is early in morning whilst people are at breakfast, that way when they go back to their cabins after breakfast they'll find them, otherwise room steward will be along shortly after.

I know it's meant to be a secret gift giving thing, but we always put a little card in with our gifts to say who it's for and who it's from.
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #847
F2superstar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
I've never had any problems with theft from FEs as far as I know, but I've been reading more and more about it lately.

I think it's a great idea if you want to leave a calling card, even if the card is left in the pocket of the FE but separate from the gift.

Another good time to deliver is early in morning whilst people are at breakfast, that way when they go back to their cabins after breakfast they'll find them, otherwise room steward will be along shortly after.

I know it's meant to be a secret gift giving thing, but we always put a little card in with our gifts to say who it's for and who it's from.
Perfect solution. Thank you.

Evelyn
Old 03-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #848
F2superstar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Perfect solution. Thank you.

Evelyn
I've just done a search on other threads about this and the one thing that comes out is that many people don't like the idea of knocking on the door for a number of reasons. As my gifts are too big for the pockets I am using gift bags and i was intending just to leave them outside the door which would have made it very easy for someone to pick it up. however i found a tip that using pipe cleaners to attach the bag either to the door handle or on the hook behind the FE holder would make a bit more secure.

Evelyn
Old 03-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #849
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post

We just got back from a cruise and we didn't have a single problem with our FE gifts getting stolen. I agree with others that it's best to deliver earlier rather than late at night, one because then people will bring them into their rooms before bedtime, and two, because the stateroom host/ess are usually around and a lot of times they will take them into the room for the guests.

We also had no problems with our magnets on our door other than someone was cute and turned a bunch of them upside down! LOL! Even though many were not personalized, none of them went missing.
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #850
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
Does anybody know if we need to take our passports with us when we go on our excursions?
We always carry ours - just in case. Never know if something would happen and you'd need it............

But you don't go thru "customs" like you would if you were flying, so it's not required.....
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #851
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Civitavecchia to Rome Transportation

http://goitaly.about.com/od/romeital...cchia.htm?nl=1

This is a link to an article just posted, about traveling from Civitavecchia to Rome.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #852
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've just done a search on other threads about this and the one thing that comes out is that many people don't like the idea of knocking on the door for a number of reasons. As my gifts are too big for the pockets I am using gift bags and i was intending just to leave them outside the door which would have made it very easy for someone to pick it up. however i found a tip that using pipe cleaners to attach the bag either to the door handle or on the hook behind the FE holder would make a bit more secure.

Evelyn
I think we'll use the pipe cleaners too, and slip a note under the door (no knocking).
Old 03-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #853
F2superstar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I think we'll use the pipe cleaners too, and slip a note under the door (no knocking).
Sounds good for me too.

Evelyn
Old 03-28-2013, 04:51 AM   #854
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
http://goitaly.about.com/od/romeital...cchia.htm?nl=1

This is a link to an article just posted, about traveling from Civitavecchia to Rome.
Thanks Val, I have just been reading this.

No work and no kids today for me, so I get the chance to explore some more.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #855
valbob89
DIS Veteran

10 Mediterranean Cruise Tips

Short but some important information
http://voices.yahoo.com/10-mediterra...-11536120.html
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: