Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #826
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Anybody else planning on doing the Barcelona Day Tours that tinker1bell mentioned. I think we may do it. It will help kill some time before our hotel room is ready when we disembark. We were planning on taking a cab to the hotel and getting the hoho pass. The cost will work to almost the same buy taking the day tour and they hold onto our luggage.

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #827
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
Does anybody know if we need to take our passports with us when we go on our excursions?
I don't think so, but if you miss the boat they might come in useful.

Also, if you want to shop and get the VAT back.

I carry a color copy in my money belt and that has worked for shopping etc.. They really just need the numbers.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #828
GIAVANNAANDNICOSMOM
Earning My Ears

June 1st Med cruise hotel options

I am looking to come in on the 30 and stay in Spain for 2 nights before the cruise. We are a family of 4 including a 1 1/2 year old and a 9yr old, any suggestions for a nice kid friendly hotel? Also why on earth does Disney not guarantee non-stop flights? I've never heard of such a thing! Now I'm having to book air and hotel myself...uggghhh
GIAVANNAANDNICOSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #829
MickeyWatch
Mouseketeer

I would recommend the Gran Hotel Havana. It is close to Las Ramblas and best of all for the kids it has a pool on the roof. We first stayed there when my daughter was 7 on the night prior to our Disney cruise and it was great to relax by the pool while recovering from jet lag.

First Trip: Disneyland July 1965 with my grandparents
16th B-Day at the Contemporary in 1973
Many trips to WDW since then
DCL Mediterranean Cruise July 7, 2007
Margaret's 8th B-Day trip to the Poly, June 2008
Grand Floridian Nov. 2008, March 2009, November 2009
Disney's Inaugural Northern European Capitals Cruise June 12, 2010
MickeyWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #830
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for all of your posts. I am learning a lot and finding information. Booked my flights, pricey! From PHL to Barcelona few seats left! Arriving day early, leaving following day. I ended up booking my incoming night via Disney in the Marriott Hotel. What was a good deal for me was that by booking with them, we could purchase Disney transfers which includes from airport to the hotel and then from hotel to ship. Problem was that Disney sold out their blocks of rooms on debarkation. I was able to book at the Hilton, which is Disney's preferred hotel, so I could get Disney transfers included to the hotel, but they will not take us back to the airport the next day. Sometimes I find Disney unreasonable, but hey, I love Disney, so I put up with it. Booked proposed excursions, Palo dining and brunch, spa and did on line check in. Whew! Glad I retired 2 weeks ago or I don't know how I would have time to do all the reading I have done. Bought several books at Barnes and Noble and love reading about the cities we will be touring. Now to think about what to pack and wear! Would love to do FE, but worried about luggage space. Some of my excursions seem pretty darn lofty for a 63 year old...better practice walking at a fast pace for 2 miles over rough and rocky terrain. Time is flying by!
Susan and Bob

bsusanmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #831
AngMo44
Earning My Ears

Evad- We are using Barcelona Day Tours for touring Barcelona on the 31st.

GIAVANNAANDNICOSMOM- Hotel Duquesa de Cardona is what we found with a "reasonable" (relative term) price for a family of four. We booked ours just last month when we booked the cruise. I Googled some online discounts that we applied to the room rate. We had quite a time searching out a room for 4 in BCN. Every other place wanted us to get 2 rooms.
AngMo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #832
Evad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I don't think so, but if you miss the boat they might come in useful.

Also, if you want to shop and get the VAT back.

I carry a color copy in my money belt and that has worked for shopping etc.. They really just need the numbers.
Thanks this is good to know. I plan on make copies as well.

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Old 03-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #833
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
Thanks this is good to know. I plan on make copies as well.
We usually leave copies with family at home in addition to bringing it, in case I don't have it with me if something happens and I need them to fax/email it to me.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #834
Evad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngMo44 View Post
Evad- We are using Barcelona Day Tours for touring Barcelona on the 31st.

GIAVANNAANDNICOSMOM- Hotel Duquesa de Cardona is what we found with a "reasonable" (relative term) price for a family of four. We booked ours just last month when we booked the cruise. I Googled some online discounts that we applied to the room rate. We had quite a time searching out a room for 4 in BCN. Every other place wanted us to get 2 rooms.
Very good!! I think we are going to book a shared tour for June 8th.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #835
Evad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
We usually leave copies with family at home in addition to bringing it, in case I don't have it with me if something happens and I need them to fax/email it to me.
Very good point!! I'll do that as well.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #836
Evad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsusanmb View Post
Thanks everyone for all of your posts. I am learning a lot and finding information. Booked my flights, pricey! From PHL to Barcelona few seats left! Arriving day early, leaving following day. I ended up booking my incoming night via Disney in the Marriott Hotel. What was a good deal for me was that by booking with them, we could purchase Disney transfers which includes from airport to the hotel and then from hotel to ship. Problem was that Disney sold out their blocks of rooms on debarkation. I was able to book at the Hilton, which is Disney's preferred hotel, so I could get Disney transfers included to the hotel, but they will not take us back to the airport the next day. Sometimes I find Disney unreasonable, but hey, I love Disney, so I put up with it. Booked proposed excursions, Palo dining and brunch, spa and did on line check in. Whew! Glad I retired 2 weeks ago or I don't know how I would have time to do all the reading I have done. Bought several books at Barnes and Noble and love reading about the cities we will be touring. Now to think about what to pack and wear! Would love to do FE, but worried about luggage space. Some of my excursions seem pretty darn lofty for a 63 year old...better practice walking at a fast pace for 2 miles over rough and rocky terrain. Time is flying by!
Susan and Bob
This part made me laugh!!!! Got to love Disney's wording.

Good luck with the rest of your planning, seems like you have everything covered!!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #837
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
What I have started doing is scanning and emailing to myself. I can encrypt my office email so that's what I do and then I can access it if I ever need it. The document I email also has all my credit card info and the numbers to call.

My boyfriend does have a copy of my passport and my mother leaves one in her desk at work so.. we have multiple backups. (Probably the reason we have never needed one!)

My best advice is "wear a money belt" Stick that passport, credit card, debit card etc in there. Europe is much safer then the US. You aren't going to be held up a gunpoint, so if your valuables aren't just hanging out of your purse or back pocket then it's unlikely someone will get them. I have gone to lots of those "OMG They have pickpockets everywhere places" with no problem. But if they do steal my wallet I don't think 20 or 40 Euros is going to ruin my trip. I won't be spending hours on my cell cancelling credit cards etc.....

(And men, NO you can't "feel" the pickpocket reach in your back pocket and lift your wallet. They are professional at this.... )

Called today and prepaid the tips... Also added transport from the hotel to the port. I am not 100% sure we will take this, just depends on what time they want us on the bus, but... I figure if nothing else it's 'pricey' luggage transfer so I don't have to deal with it

Last edited by OrangeCountyCommuter; 03-20-2013 at 10:10 AM.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #838
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Just to let all FE participants know that I have emailed the group lists to everyone today. If you don't get an email, please let me know.

Secret Mickey participants I will be closing the exchange around mid April in case anyone else signs up
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #839
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngMo44 View Post
Natalie 37, Troy 38, DD 8, DS 6
Nashville, TN

I had to check in three cabins this weekend (we are silver and were able to check in at 90 days) and am grateful that I could get the rest of our family onto the same excursions that we signed up for. But I didn't get them Palo reservations for brunch or dinner. I'm hoping that I can add them to our reservations once on board.

I'm getting very excited!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #840
heathervincent
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know the entertainment schedule - live shows - for this cruise? Thanks!
heathervincent is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: