Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #766
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
Done, thank you!

We have dressed up way more in the past than we're doing this time around. Horror of horrors, my father might actually be wearing jeans . But we'll all look respectable, my girls and me in dresses, DH in khakis and a button-down. We're going to be traveling for three weeks and are worried about luggage restrictions. And I don't want to be doing too much laundry!
I think we will be in your dress group. I am thinking black top, nice black pants and "sparkly jewerly" (from Chicos) is going to have to be "formal". I think we will look fine, just not "ball gown". (I swear on one cruise I did a woman was dressed as if she was attending a ball. And her DH had on khakis and a polo. )
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #767
purplern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathervincent View Post
Is anyone considering hiking Mount Vesuvius?
We are!!!

Dixie landings-92 Carribean beach-03 AKL-03 Wilderness lodge-04 POR-06 Disney Wonder-06 Grand Floridian & Disney Magic 08
purplern is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #768
purplern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramadden13 View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I signed my family up for excursions last night, but if anyone has any recommendations I'd love to listen.

Also if there are any people with college or young adult cruisers in their party my sister and I would love to connect.
Welcome Ryan.

Dixie landings-92 Carribean beach-03 AKL-03 Wilderness lodge-04 POR-06 Disney Wonder-06 Grand Floridian & Disney Magic 08
purplern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #769
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I'm also unable to check in for us. It's been crashing (since last night) at the part after I enter the flight info.

I click save and it goes to an Error page. I'm using Chrome.

Anyone else?
I didn't get any error pages after midnight eastern time. Before that, I was getting an error message when I'd try to get into my Castaway Member page. But after midnight the site seemed to be up and running just fine (I'm using Safari). I was able to do all my stuff but the check in which was unrelated to the earlier error message.

My travel agent did talk to DCL about my trouble. Turns out that their website isn't really set up to deal with a B2B with Disney Air. So they do have us flying home after the Med, all their records are right, it just doesn't work right on the DCL website. So they had me check in and just put fake info on the after-cruise-plans part. So I'm all checked in. Once I get my air info from DCL, then I'll input that over there properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I think we will be in your dress group. I am thinking black top, nice black pants and "sparkly jewerly" (from Chicos) is going to have to be "formal". I think we will look fine, just not "ball gown". (I swear on one cruise I did a woman was dressed as if she was attending a ball. And her DH had on khakis and a polo. )
I hear that a lot of folks on our EBTA part are going to be dressed to the nines. I always enjoy seeing others like that, but I don't even have a ball gown! But what you're describing will be totally fine. Most folks don't even notice what others are wearing. I know I haven't paid attention to that.

I'm really starting to get excited!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #770
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

UK DIS'ers....

Can you help me with something strange?

We're doing a 3 night stay in London prior to our cruise. My baby is 12 months. The hotel has reserved us a "baby cot."

I'm from the US and have no idea what a "baby cot" is. Do you have an idea of what type of baby cots UK hotels generally provide for hotel rooms? Any examples or links to Amazon of what you think may be provided. I've emailed the hotel but I know that it goes to a central reservations desk so I'm not optimistic that the call center people will actually know details about room amenities.

Trying to decide if I need to buy & bring a travel crib for our trip.

Thanks!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:11 AM   #771
Williams mum
Earning My Ears

In my experience the cots you get in uk hotels are generally travel cots. If you are staying in central London the room will probably not be big enough for anything else ;-)
Williams mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 AM   #772
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams mum View Post
In my experience the cots you get in uk hotels are generally travel cots. If you are staying in central London the room will probably not be big enough for anything else ;-)
Thanks.

Something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hauck-Dream-...384878&sr=8-16
Old 03-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #773
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
That's spot on, usually exactly the kind of travel cot you'll get in hotels here

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #774
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
That's spot on, usually exactly the kind of travel cot you'll get in hotels here
Got to love it - us here in the US would say it's a travel crib - to us, a cot is something like what army guys sleep on - Just making my usual wry observations about language differences, even though we are both supposed to speak English
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #775
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
Since several of you have shown an interest in a customized lanyard BADGE, I'm posting a link to the form - please fill this out so that it makes it easy for me (I don't have to re-type all of your names, etc....) - PS - if the form looks familiar and you are on the EBTA, it's because I borrowed it from there! )

Link to form is here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17kX...lG2TM/viewform

Val - if you want to copy/paste this onto first post, go for it! Thanks!
Filled out the form, Thank you!!!

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #776
heathervincent
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse

Got to love it - us here in the US would say it's a travel crib - to us, a cot is something like what army guys sleep on - Just making my usual wry observations about language differences, even though we are both supposed to speak English
I thought the same thing about language differences. We always refer to it just as a Pack-n-Play.
heathervincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #777
Pattyztx
Earning My Ears

Bump
Pattyztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:23 AM   #778
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
we can play a good game of differences in a few months

A friend who recently visited London was amused that we use the 24hr clock I just took if for granted everyone did! I love all the small things!

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
Old 03-05-2013, 02:30 AM   #779
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
we can play a good game of differences in a few months

A friend who recently visited London was amused that we use the 24hr clock I just took if for granted everyone did! I love all the small things!
One thing I learned from booking private tours on this cruise--- Europeans use the day/month/year format (seems obvious now, but it didn't occur to me before).

So I had to make sure to say "June 5, 2013" or 05/06/2013 when I inquired about tour prices, etc., so that they didn't accidentally book us for May 6, 2013 if I did it the "American" way
Old 03-05-2013, 02:31 AM   #780
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Whoops duplicated post on my phone!

Last edited by tinkertaylor05; 03-05-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: