Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #721
Disney mam
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
I'll PM ValBob and see if that can't be done - does anyone know what the DISBoards name of the person doing the website is? Doesn't look like there's been much of an update on their either.....
Tracerr is doing the website.
__________________
Myself, DH, & 2 DS aged 10 & 8



Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #722
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney
 
Evad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 6,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
That's exactly where I was thinking would be a good spot. Nice and open, easy to get to and kid friendly.....
Awesome!!! And thank you for organizing this!!
__________________
Dave

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /



Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #723
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney
 
Evad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 6,529

Does anybody know if the Facebook group is planning anything?? Since I don't have fb. I'm completely in the dark as to what's going on over there. On our last cruise they all ordered and received cruise t shirts. I felt left out as there was no mention of it on the disboards. Hope that's not the case on this cruise...
__________________
Dave

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /



Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #724
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
Does anybody know if the Facebook group is planning anything?? Since I don't have fb. I'm completely in the dark as to what's going on over there. On our last cruise they all ordered and received cruise t shirts. I felt left out as there was no mention of it on the disboards. Hope that's not the case on this cruise...
I assure you anything important is posted in both places
__________________


DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #725
DisneyMouseHouse


Help! I am a DIS Addict!
 
DisneyMouseHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
Does anybody know if the Facebook group is planning anything?? Since I don't have fb. I'm completely in the dark as to what's going on over there. On our last cruise they all ordered and received cruise t shirts. I felt left out as there was no mention of it on the disboards. Hope that's not the case on this cruise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
I assure you anything important is posted in both places
Totally concur - there is not much "action" over there either.......but it's slowly picking up! YEAH! And I am sure as it gets closer it will get busier......

I know if I post anything of importance, it's posted in both places (like the cruise meet).........so no worries, you are not missing anything by not being on FB
__________________
"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
“Always do good – this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #726
Disney mam
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 299

Just booked the overnight train from Paris to Barcelona!!!
__________________
Myself, DH, & 2 DS aged 10 & 8



Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #727
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,650

Hi All!

I will be on this ship with you. It's me and my mother. We are doing this after several days in Provence touring. We get in to Barcelona on May 31 (taking the train over from France if I can ever figure out how to book that LOL!)

We are staying at the Rennisance the night before the cruise and I will probably pay for the DCL transfers, but we are planning to get on the ship as late as possible. We have done a few other trips on the Magic (this is my 5th DCL trip and 3 of the prior trips were on the Magic, two of them with my mom) so we don't need to tour the ship and hopefully I can get Palo when my booking window opens (we want to do a brunch....)

Luckily for us we have done several of the "ports" before so we are planning to do a fairly "slow" touring plan on our own everyplace.

Planning the train to the Cinque Terra and touring a few towns. In Rome I think we will take the train to the city and just wander around. We were there two years ago and did all the biggies for the 2nd time so.. In Naples we are going to stay in the city. We toured Pompeii on our last trip and it was great, but there were some things we didn't get to see in Naples on our one day (Just a hint if you are doing this the churches all close for several hours middday!)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #728
WVMD

DIS Veteran
 
WVMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,401

I finally got my tickets on the Ellipsos TrenHotel from Paris on May 28 to Barcelona. It was a mess trying to deal with the different web sites and prices... The US approved vender was twice as expensive as buying from Spanish Railways, but credit card after credit card kept on being declined... LOL... Finally found one that works. We are so very excited!

Virgil
__________________
My Blog: Family, Friends, Travel, Life... Pictures
Charter member of the Crazy DIS 10 Day Holiday Cruisers! 12/18/04, Proud Alumni of the First Double Scoop Group! 05/27/06
Future Cruises/Trips: June 1, 2013 Med

Past Cruises/Trips: Sept. 7, 2012 Canada, 06/12/2010 12 night Inaugural Baltic, 07/11/10 Kristin and Nicks Marriage cruise on the Wonder! 07/18/09 7 Night Eastern (St. Thomas and Tortola),08/01/08 Cities of Knights and Lights (ABD tour) 06/08/08 7 Night Mexican Riviera, 06/16/07 - 11 Night Mediterranean, 12/24/06 - Norwegian Sun (not an NCL fan...), 04/16/06 - Easter 4 day....The First Double Scoop Group 05/27/06, 10 Day Holiday Cruise 12/18/04 , 4 Day Wonder 04/11/04, 1st Cruise 3 day Wonder 09/25/03 Too many WDW visits to post.......
WVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #729
WVMD

DIS Veteran
 
WVMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
Just booked the overnight train from Paris to Barcelona!!!
I missed this before I posted - when are you doing the train?

Virgil
__________________
My Blog: Family, Friends, Travel, Life... Pictures
Charter member of the Crazy DIS 10 Day Holiday Cruisers! 12/18/04, Proud Alumni of the First Double Scoop Group! 05/27/06
Future Cruises/Trips: June 1, 2013 Med

Past Cruises/Trips: Sept. 7, 2012 Canada, 06/12/2010 12 night Inaugural Baltic, 07/11/10 Kristin and Nicks Marriage cruise on the Wonder! 07/18/09 7 Night Eastern (St. Thomas and Tortola),08/01/08 Cities of Knights and Lights (ABD tour) 06/08/08 7 Night Mexican Riviera, 06/16/07 - 11 Night Mediterranean, 12/24/06 - Norwegian Sun (not an NCL fan...), 04/16/06 - Easter 4 day....The First Double Scoop Group 05/27/06, 10 Day Holiday Cruise 12/18/04 , 4 Day Wonder 04/11/04, 1st Cruise 3 day Wonder 09/25/03 Too many WDW visits to post.......
WVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #730
valbob89
DIS Veteran
 
valbob89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,217

1st posting

I'll be happy to update the first posting with any information the group feels would be helpful. I've added the rollcall, taken from the website. Also, added a placeholder for first day Meet and Greet information.

Let me know if you would like to have me update any information or add any new topics.

Val
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #731
DisneyMouseHouse


Help! I am a DIS Addict!
 
DisneyMouseHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
I'll be happy to update the first posting with any information the group feels would be helpful. I've added the rollcall, taken from the website. Also, added a placeholder for first day Meet and Greet information.

Let me know if you would like to have me update any information or add any new topics.

Val
YEAH! Thanks - appreciate it - I'll PM you about the meet and we'll go from there - HUGS!

Beverly
__________________
"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
“Always do good – this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #732
Disney mam
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMD View Post
I missed this before I posted - when are you doing the train?

Virgil
I'm going on 29th. We will be catching Eurostar from Ashford about 5pm and then straight over to gare d'austerlitz for the elipsos.

Shame we weren't on the same one! The train is leaving later this year so may be able to sleep easier. It also helps me as we can leave home lunch time instead of the usual booking a hotel for the night before.
__________________
Myself, DH, & 2 DS aged 10 & 8



Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #733
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89
I'll be happy to update the first posting with any information the group feels would be helpful. I've added the rollcall, taken from the website. Also, added a placeholder for first day Meet and Greet information.

Let me know if you would like to have me update any information or add any new topics.

Val
If I send you some info about the Secret Mickey gift exchange will you be able to add that as well please? We have about 5 cabins interested so far.
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #734
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney
 
Evad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 6,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
Totally concur - there is not much "action" over there either.......but it's slowly picking up! YEAH! And I am sure as it gets closer it will get busier......

I know if I post anything of importance, it's posted in both places (like the cruise meet).........so no worries, you are not missing anything by not being on FB
So glad to hear that!!! I wont feel left out this time!!
__________________
Dave

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /



Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #735
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney
 
Evad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 6,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Hi All!

I will be on this ship with you. It's me and my mother. We are doing this after several days in Provence touring. We get in to Barcelona on May 31 (taking the train over from France if I can ever figure out how to book that LOL!)

We are staying at the Rennisance the night before the cruise and I will probably pay for the DCL transfers, but we are planning to get on the ship as late as possible. We have done a few other trips on the Magic (this is my 5th DCL trip and 3 of the prior trips were on the Magic, two of them with my mom) so we don't need to tour the ship and hopefully I can get Palo when my booking window opens (we want to do a brunch....)

Luckily for us we have done several of the "ports" before so we are planning to do a fairly "slow" touring plan on our own everyplace.

Planning the train to the Cinque Terra and touring a few towns. In Rome I think we will take the train to the city and just wander around. We were there two years ago and did all the biggies for the 2nd time so.. In Naples we are going to stay in the city. We toured Pompeii on our last trip and it was great, but there were some things we didn't get to see in Naples on our one day (Just a hint if you are doing this the churches all close for several hours middday!)
Welcome aboard!!!! Glad your joining us!
__________________
Dave

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /



Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: