Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #676
F2superstar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofs View Post
Oddly enough, my db went to ikea and he picked me 2 up. Im going to see what i can do with it
That's great.
F2superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #677
MickeyWatch
Mouseketeer

Is anyone else doing the Adventures By Disney Med Cruise add on for this trip? My daughter and I got the last two spots when we booked last week.

First Trip: Disneyland July 1965 with my grandparents
16th B-Day at the Contemporary in 1973
Many trips to WDW since then
DCL Mediterranean Cruise July 7, 2007
Margaret's 8th B-Day trip to the Poly, June 2008
Grand Floridian Nov. 2008, March 2009, November 2009
Disney's Inaugural Northern European Capitals Cruise June 12, 2010
MickeyWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #678
MickeyWatch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revins View Post
Hi All,

My wife Richlyn and I (Bob) are booked. This will be our 18th DCL cruise. Never done Med cruise. We will be coming in on the Trans Atlantic. Booked on ABD for shore excursions. Anyone have experience with ABD?

Bob and Richlyn
I just booked this cruise and the ABD add on. My daughter and I did the ABD Backstage Magic tour in LA/Disneyland this past summer. It was fantastic and it was one of the reasons that we are going on our second Disney Med cruise so that we can experience the ABD portion of the trip.

First Trip: Disneyland July 1965 with my grandparents
16th B-Day at the Contemporary in 1973
Many trips to WDW since then
DCL Mediterranean Cruise July 7, 2007
Margaret's 8th B-Day trip to the Poly, June 2008
Grand Floridian Nov. 2008, March 2009, November 2009
Disney's Inaugural Northern European Capitals Cruise June 12, 2010
MickeyWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #679
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyWatch View Post
I just booked this cruise and the ABD add on. My daughter and I did the ABD Backstage Magic tour in LA/Disneyland this past summer. It was fantastic and it was one of the reasons that we are going on our second Disney Med cruise so that we can experience the ABD portion of the trip.
We are signed-up for the ABD too. Look forward to meeting you Val & Bob
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #680
WVMD

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyWatch View Post
Is anyone else doing the Adventures By Disney Med Cruise add on for this trip? My daughter and I got the last two spots when we booked last week.
I didn't think it was worth the cost... I love ABD, but didn't think that the value was there for what was offered.... I thought that the signature level excursions that we did last time on the Med were more than adequate...

Virgil

Past Cruises/Trips: Sept. 7, 2012 Canada, 06/12/2010 12 night Inaugural Baltic, 07/11/10 Kristin and Nicks Marriage cruise on the Wonder! 07/18/09 7 Night Eastern (St. Thomas and Tortola),08/01/08 Cities of Knights and Lights (ABD tour) 06/08/08 7 Night Mexican Riviera, 06/16/07 - 11 Night Mediterranean, 12/24/06 - Norwegian Sun (not an NCL fan...), 04/16/06 - Easter 4 day....The First Double Scoop Group 05/27/06, 10 Day Holiday Cruise 12/18/04 , 4 Day Wonder 04/11/04, 1st Cruise 3 day Wonder 09/25/03 Too many WDW visits to post.......
WVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #681
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramadden13
Today my mom, sister, and I decided to do the EBTA instead of flying over to Barcelona. We love sea days so the rather bland itinerary isn't a problem for us. Anyone else doing this option or done an EBTA before and can comment on it? I really need to set down the time to read through this whole thread, feel like I'm jumping very late into the party.
We'll be on the EBTA too as will several others here. We've never done an EBTA before but also love the sea days....for us it's not necessarily about the Ports, it's about being on a Disney ship !

Glad to have you...cya real soon!

Beverly
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #682
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
What were you trying to do on the Vistaprint site? I'll be happy to try and help. Feel free to send me an e-mail. Where are you located? We could also talk on the phone or by Skype, if need be.

Val
Thanks Val!! I just wanted to save the largest rez files I could for printing magnets here at home to bring on the cruise.

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #683
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
Thanks Val!! I just wanted to save the largest rez files I could for printing magnets here at home to bring on the cruise.
I would take the images from the Flicker file. You can select the size you want in Flicker too. But I can also e-mail you an image with as large a resolution as you want. Or, any other photosharing file you want.

Val
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #684
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

99 days until Barcelona!! Woohoo!!!!
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #685
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
99 days until Barcelona!! Woohoo!!!!
This thought cheered me up today.

I was sad this morning and my DH and son used this tactic to send me off to work with a smile!!!

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #686
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

DISMeet?

So, is there a DISMeet scheduled for the first day somewhere/some time? I checked the website but nothing there....

Just wonderin' ........

Beverly
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #687
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Hi there Med cruisers...I'm sure everyone's been doing alot of research/planning but I thought I'd share some links. These were discussed today in the Med Planning 2013 thread I started a while back. Hope this info helps out some folks.

***For anyone who is interested, the Colosseum has released the availability for the "Underground Tour" which allows you to tour the lower level of the Colosseum. We're super excited about this, since when I visited in 2006, this was not yet open to the public.

Tickets + tours are available to be booked here online (make sure you click Collect on site). With advance tix purchase you get to skip the lines. The tour offered by the Colosseum is alot cheaper than the private company options, and includes the combo entry ticket.

http://www.ticketclic.it/gb/HTML/musei/colosseo.cfm

***For anyone else looking, I found the Civitavecchia Port schedule here to determine how many other ships are in town on Rome day. This helped us decide whether or not to take the train back from S. Pietro (we opted not to since there are 4 ships in port on our Rome day):

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/I...ome/June_2013/

Nzdisneymom posted a link for trail open at Cinque Terre.
http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_parco.asp The red dots are the trails that are currently closed.

HTH!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #688
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Hi there Med cruisers...I'm sure everyone's been doing alot of research/planning but I thought I'd share some links. These were discussed today in the Med Planning 2013 thread I started a while back. Hope this info helps out some folks.

***For anyone who is interested, the Colosseum has released the availability for the "Underground Tour" which allows you to tour the lower level of the Colosseum. We're super excited about this, since when I visited in 2006, this was not yet open to the public.

Tickets + tours are available to be booked here online (make sure you click Collect on site). With advance tix purchase you get to skip the lines. The tour offered by the Colosseum is alot cheaper than the private company options, and includes the combo entry ticket.

http://www.ticketclic.it/gb/HTML/musei/colosseo.cfm

***For anyone else looking, I found the Civitavecchia Port schedule here to determine how many other ships are in town on Rome day. This helped us decide whether or not to take the train back from S. Pietro (we opted not to since there are 4 ships in port on our Rome day):

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/I...ome/June_2013/

Nzdisneymom posted a link for trail open at Cinque Terre.
http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_parco.asp The red dots are the trails that are currently closed.

HTH!
Hi, I was looking at this the other but wasn't sure what time would be best to book. What if you miss your tour time? I am sure we would still be allowed to enter but not certain what time would be good. Also, guided or just tour? HHhhhmm, I will have to mull this over.

The link for port is not showing any ships in port for me, very strange. * Just managed to get it working.

Thanks for the links.

Last edited by Disney mam; 02-23-2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Managed to get ships to show.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #689
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
Hi, I was looking at this the other but wasn't sure what time would be best to book. What if you miss your tour time? I am sure we would still be allowed to enter but not certain what time would be good. Also, guided or just tour? HHhhhmm, I will have to mull this over.

The link for port is not showing any ships in port for me, very strange. * Just managed to get it working.

Thanks for the links.
I guess it'd depend on what time you plan on getting to Rome. We chose the earliest time since we're doing the Vatican after the Colosseum.

We only booked the Underground Tour b/c that's the one that allows you access to the lower levels. If you're just looking for entrance tix, then you don't need to book a tour at all.

The very first time I went to the Colosseum we did not do a tour and it was fine. But this time we wanted some explanation
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:33 AM   #690
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I guess it'd depend on what time you plan on getting to Rome. We chose the earliest time since we're doing the Vatican after the Colosseum.

We only booked the Underground Tour b/c that's the one that allows you access to the lower levels. If you're just looking for entrance tix, then you don't need to book a tour at all.

The very first time I went to the Colosseum we did not do a tour and it was fine. But this time we wanted some explanation
Thanks for the info. I am torn and just planing on taking things easy and not book excursions because I have mobility issues and am not sure if I would be up to too much walking. My boys said they would like to go to the Colosseum but they are only 7 & 9 and will be happy with anything. Plan on taking a few days there when the boys are a bit older, so not in too much of to see everything in one day. :-)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: