Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #631
heathervincent
Earning My Ears

Pompeii

Is anyone considering hiking Mount Vesuvius?
heathervincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #632
Hashim
Earning My Ears

Hello Guys,

I have a question:
I'm planning to stay 2 nights in Barcelona after the cruise, but since we are arriving back to Barcelona in the early morning (7-9 am?), then do I need to book for an additional night? Anyone knows a hotel that allows for a really early check-in?
Hashim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 AM   #633
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Hello Guys,

I have a question:
I'm planning to stay 2 nights in Barcelona after the cruise, but since we are arriving back to Barcelona in the early morning (7-9 am?), then do I need to book for an additional night? Anyone knows a hotel that allows for a really early check-in?
I can't answer your question, but they have a few places where you may be able to store your luggage if desperate. There is a charge but I think it is very reasonable.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.c...barcelona.html

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:49 AM   #634
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd introduce myself I'll be sailing with my parents and this will be our second Disney Cruise having sailed on the Dream in November. We've booked 4 nights in Barcelona pre-cruise so really looking forward to doing some major sightseeing.
Can't believe it's less than 4 months away now
Easter 1992 - Holiday Inn I-Drive/ Hilton St. Pete’s Beach, June 1993 - Doubletree Universal/ Hilton Clearwater, Easter 1995 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive,Halloween 1995 - DLP offsite, Easter 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive, Easter 2000 - Doubletree Universal, Christmas 2000 - Courtyard by Marriot DTD/ Tradewinds Island Grande St Pete’s Beach/ Holiday Inn Universal Halloween 2001 - Cheyenne DLP, Easter 2002 - CBM DTD/ Clearwater Beach Hotel, July 2003 - Newport Bay DLP Jan 2004 - Cypress Pointe, Easter 2005 - Hawthorn Suites LBV/ Bahama Bay, July 2006 - Newport Bay DLP Christmas2006- Springhill Suites LBV, Thanksgiving 2007 - Buena Vista Palace/ Park Shore Naples/ Pop/ CSR, March/ April 2009 - Pop/ CSR/ Blue Heron Beach Resort Nov 2009 - SSR and free dining Oct 2010 - SSR and free DDP March 2011 - Solo trip to BLT Sept 2011 - DLRP Christmas/ New Year 2011 - BLT/AKV/WLV Nov 2012 - BLT/Dream 4 night Bahamas Cruise June 2013 -Magic Mediterranean 7 night cruise November 2013 - BLT February 2014 - DLP solo October 2014 - ASM, BLT & BC
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #635
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathervincent View Post
Is anyone considering hiking Mount Vesuvius?
We are! Our kids aren't old enough for the DCL excursion that does it, so we might have to do a private tour. Some of my family is meeting us for this cruise and my aunt is looking into private tours for that stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2312 View Post
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd introduce myself I'll be sailing with my parents and this will be our second Disney Cruise having sailed on the Dream in November. We've booked 4 nights in Barcelona pre-cruise so really looking forward to doing some major sightseeing.
!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #636
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi all,

Welcome!!

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #637
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Hello Guys,

I have a question:
It's maybe worth checking if the hotel you're staying in will let you store your luggage?

Quote:
Hi all,

The time's flying by now! Where are you staying pre-cruise? We'll be doing 2 nights before ourselves at Universal Hotel

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #638
heathervincent
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo
We are! Our kids aren't old enough for the DCL excursion that does it, so we might have to do a private tour. Some of my family is meeting us for this cruise and my aunt is looking into private tours for that stop.

!
How old are your kids? My DD is 9 and also not old enough for DCL excursion. I have hired a private guide for Pompeii and trying to decide whether we can squeeze in Vesuvius as well.
heathervincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #639
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathervincent View Post
How old are your kids? My DD is 9 and also not old enough for DCL excursion. I have hired a private guide for Pompeii and trying to decide whether we can squeeze in Vesuvius as well.
My girls turn nine the day after we get off. I don't think it takes very long to hike up, if you're only doing Pompeii for the day you should have plenty of time.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #640
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2312
Hi all,

Welcome: )

the times going very fast now
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #641
Tink2312

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05

It's maybe worth checking if the hotel you're staying in will let you store your luggage?

The time's flying by now! Where are you staying pre-cruise? We'll be doing 2 nights before ourselves at Universal Hotel
The same one lol. The one right beside Para-lel metro station. Can't wait - I think we're going to do the hop-on hop-off bus for a few days and going to try to take the train up monserrat too.
Easter 1992 - Holiday Inn I-Drive/ Hilton St. Pete’s Beach, June 1993 - Doubletree Universal/ Hilton Clearwater, Easter 1995 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive,Halloween 1995 - DLP offsite, Easter 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive, Easter 2000 - Doubletree Universal, Christmas 2000 - Courtyard by Marriot DTD/ Tradewinds Island Grande St Pete’s Beach/ Holiday Inn Universal Halloween 2001 - Cheyenne DLP, Easter 2002 - CBM DTD/ Clearwater Beach Hotel, July 2003 - Newport Bay DLP Jan 2004 - Cypress Pointe, Easter 2005 - Hawthorn Suites LBV/ Bahama Bay, July 2006 - Newport Bay DLP Christmas2006- Springhill Suites LBV, Thanksgiving 2007 - Buena Vista Palace/ Park Shore Naples/ Pop/ CSR, March/ April 2009 - Pop/ CSR/ Blue Heron Beach Resort Nov 2009 - SSR and free dining Oct 2010 - SSR and free DDP March 2011 - Solo trip to BLT Sept 2011 - DLRP Christmas/ New Year 2011 - BLT/AKV/WLV Nov 2012 - BLT/Dream 4 night Bahamas Cruise June 2013 -Magic Mediterranean 7 night cruise November 2013 - BLT February 2014 - DLP solo October 2014 - ASM, BLT & BC
Old 02-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #642
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The same one lol. The one right beside Para-lel metro station. Can't wait - I think we're going to do the hop-on hop-off bus for a few days and going to try to take the train up monserrat too.
We're doing the same. BTW, I've read consistently that the city-affiliated blue HOHO bus oversells all the time and that it is better to buy tix from the red HOHO bus which is privately owned (less lines, less tix sold, same routes).
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #643
Tink2312

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108

We're doing the same. BTW, I've read consistently that the city-affiliated blue HOHO bus oversells all the time and that it is better to buy tix from the red HOHO bus which is privately owned (less lines, less tix sold, same routes).
We're planning on using this one http://www.city-sightseeing.com/tour...andingposition is that the red one you've mentioned?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #644
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Hi All!
We're not booked on this cruise but we are cruising a 7-nt Med in August. I have a huge favor to ask.
I see that your final payment due date is next week. Once your cruise opens up online excursion booking, can you look something up for me? I'm trying to decide between 2 excursions in Villefranche and would love to know the actual times that these excursions are offered. So once you're done booking all of your own stuff & when you have time, could you list the choices of meeting times of these excursions?:

Highlights of Monaco and Top Car Museum $62 (ages 10 and up) 4 to 4.5 Hours

Nice and Monaco $169 (ages 10 and up) 8 to 8.5 hours

Our tours of Italy will be long days so I'm not sure I want another 8 hr day in Villefranche. Also a huge difference in price for a family of 4.
I realize the time offerings may be different between June & August cruises but this will help settle my mind. This cruise is taking over my brain and it's so hard to think of anything else. Our final payment is due April 19 which just seems so far away!

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Any platinum cruisers who can answer my question?
Thanks!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #645
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes that's the one, you must say hi if you see us, also noticed you're in Cheshire we're in Manchester so it will be the northerners in the Unversal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
That's good to know, I love using the metro in cities but after Paris last summer my mum has told me she refuses to do them in Barcelona so we'll give the hoho a go

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: