Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #571
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
Ah, right. I haven't seen a list yet, not sure if one has been posted anywhere.
We're doing the FE as well

Annemarie has been really responsive via email, so my though is that if we haven't seen an FE list yet that means she hasn't made one up yet. Just a guess though...
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #572
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Hi All!
We're not booked on this cruise but we are cruising a 7-nt Med in August. I have a huge favor to ask.
I see that your final payment due date is next week. Once your cruise opens up online excursion booking, can you look something up for me? I'm trying to decide between 2 excursions in Villefranche and would love to know the actual times that these excursions are offered. So once you're done booking all of your own stuff & when you have time, could you list the choices of meeting times of these excursions?:

Highlights of Monaco and Top Car Museum $62 (ages 10 and up) 4 to 4.5 Hours

Nice and Monaco $169 (ages 10 and up) 8 to 8.5 hours

Our tours of Italy will be long days so I'm not sure I want another 8 hr day in Villefranche. Also a huge difference in price for a family of 4.
I realize the time offerings may be different between June & August cruises but this will help settle my mind. This cruise is taking over my brain and it's so hard to think of anything else. Our final payment is due April 19 which just seems so far away!

Thanks in advance for your help!!
I'll check for you , but my booking window isn't open until 3/3 I believe. This is our 5th cruise....we were tempted to squeeze one in before this cruise and then they changed the OBC offers for rebooking onboard.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 03:02 AM   #573
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHTINK
I'm already on the list, but I don't have the list...
The list won't be posted on here as it will have names of children etc. it will be emailed when I have it ready to send to all participants
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:05 AM   #574
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05

I'm sure we'd all be the same if we weren't on the first sailing

So has anyone got any tips for Barcelona?? I know a few have done it before, is there anything that's must see? We won't be doing our usual high powered tourist thing just a let's see what we can manage at a leisurely pace
I was going to ask that too we are in Barcelona the day before the cruise and never been before so would love some tips on must sees.
So far I have on my list
The dancing fountains
Gaudi buildings
Las Ramblas

And that's as far as I got !!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #575
Williams mum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have never tried haggis, only remember larva bread when my Nan would eat it. I used to buy it for her and also collected seaweed for her when I was at the beach. "Ych a fi"! As I used to say to my nan whenever she tried to get me to eat it. Lol
Best of luck getting lavabread through customs I like it though, not that
it was ever served in my Nanna's house. Welshcakes were more her thing!

We went to DLP at Christmas this year. Last summer we bought annual passes (£350 for all five of us!) and so we're going quite a lot this year to "make the most" of them. Tbh I will be quite relieved when they expire so that I can go somewhere else again without getting guilty

It was WET when we went but the Christmas decorations were lovely. And we are now all proud owners of DLP plastic rain ponchos!!
Williams mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #576
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams mum View Post
Best of luck getting lavabread through customs I like it though, not that
it was ever served in my Nanna's house. Welshcakes were more her thing!

We went to DLP at Christmas this year. Last summer we bought annual passes (£350 for all five of us!) and so we're going quite a lot this year to "make the most" of them. Tbh I will be quite relieved when they expire so that I can go somewhere else again without getting guilty

It was WET when we went but the Christmas decorations were lovely. And we are now all proud owners of DLP plastic rain ponchos!!
You can get Lava bread in a tin now! I was shocked when I saw it, so there must be a market for it somewhere. lol Now you're talking, WELSHCAKES!!!!
I could not live without my baking stone.

We have been to DLP for the Christmas season and enjoyed it. We do prefer Halloween there though (well, it used to better a few years back).
The boys have their ponchos but I bought waterproof trousers and jacket especially for DLP. Will be popping there again this year, just not sure when.

I can understand about the annual tickets and making the most of them. I have thought about getting some, but don't think I would get much use from them. Would be ok if my DH didn't mind flying!!!

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #577
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
You can get Lava bread in a tin now! I was shocked when I saw it, so there must be a market for it somewhere. lol Now you're talking, WELSHCAKES!!!!
I could not live without my baking stone.
Alright you guys, all this talk of food is making me HUNGRY! However, I'd give anything for a REAL Hard Cider.......out of the tap!
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #578
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Hi, it is a Welsh dish, they also sell it in supermarkets on the deli counters here in Wales. I remember it mostly from my Nan, but may give it a go again. It looks like spinach a little when cooked.

I just copied this from wiki for you.

Laverbread (Welsh: bara lafwr or bara lawr) is a traditional Welsh delicacy made from laver. To make laverbread, the seaweed is boiled for several hours, then minced or pureed. The gelatinous paste that results can then be sold as it is, or rolled in oatmeal; it is generally coated with oatmeal prior to frying.

Laverbread is traditionally eaten fried with bacon and cockles for breakfast. It can also be used to make a sauce to accompany lamb, crab, monkfish, etc., and to make laver soup (Welsh: cawl lafwr). Richard Burton has been attributed as describing laverbread as "Welshman's caviar".

Laver is often associated with Penclawdd and its cockles, being used traditionally in the Welsh diet and is still eaten widely across Wales in the form of laverbread. In addition to Wales, laverbread is eaten across the Bristol Channel in North Devon, especially around the Exmoor coast around Lynmouth, Combe Martin and Ilfracombe. In North Devon it is generally not cooked with oatmeal and it is simply referred to as 'Laver' (lay-ver).

Laver is highly nutritious because of its high proportions of protein, iron, and especially iodine. It also contains high levels of vitamins B2, A, D and C.
After reading your explanation I'm not sure if I would try it....lol But thanks so much anyway. I'm not into new foods. I know that sounds boring but I just can't do it.

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #579
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
I'm sure we'd all be the same if we weren't on the first sailing

So has anyone got any tips for Barcelona?? I know a few have done it before, is there anything that's must see? We won't be doing our usual high powered tourist thing just a let's see what we can manage at a leisurely pace
I would like to know as well!!

We plan on spending the day before the cruise relaxing at our hotel and getting adjusted to the time difference. The day we arrive back Barcelona we plan on doing the hoho tour and visiting some of the sites. What are the must see's??

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #580
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Can anyone recommend any wine shops in Barcelona?

We're looking to pick up a few bottles before the cruise.

Or are the supermarkets in Barcelona like the ones here and in Paris (ie, wide wine selection in store)?

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #581
Wee Eve
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Can anyone recommend any wine shops in Barcelona?

We're looking to pick up a few bottles before the cruise.

Or are the supermarkets in Barcelona like the ones here and in Paris (ie, wide wine selection in store)?

Thanks!
Carrefour Supermarket in Las Ramblas near Pl. de Catalunya, which is cheaper than the very large Department Store El Cor Ingles and La Boqueria. There are also lots of small mini markets which sell wine.
Wee Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #582
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee Eve View Post
Carrefour Supermarket in Las Ramblas near Pl. de Catalunya, which is cheaper than the very large Department Store El Cor Ingles and La Boqueria. There are also lots of small mini markets which sell wine.
Thanks! We love Carrefour Had no idea there was one so close to the main tourist area.

Last edited by lilpooh108; 01-31-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #583
F2superstar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
I would like to know as well!!

We plan on spending the day before the cruise relaxing at our hotel and getting adjusted to the time difference. The day we arrive back Barcelona we plan on doing the hoho tour and visiting some of the sites. What are the must see's??
We loved the Gothic Quarter. We pre-printed a Frommers guided walk and followed it through this fantastic area. The guide ensured that we did not miss some of the less obvious buildings and Squares. Great authentic food, wonderful bars and the culture was immense.
F2superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:48 PM   #584
goofs
Earning My Ears

Is there a duty free shop in the port where we can buy spirits? I know we dont have duty free prices from uk, but not sure whether to get it at gatwick or there.
goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #585
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofs
Is there a duty free shop in the port where we can buy spirits? I know we dont have duty free prices from uk, but not sure whether to get it at gatwick or there.
When we did the WBTA from Barcelona we had the same panic as forgot we couldn't get duty free at Gatwick.

There is a small shop with wine , spirits and cigarettes once you've gone through security. Very reasonable prices too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: