Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #556
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Hi All!
We're not booked on this cruise but we are cruising a 7-nt Med in August. I have a huge favor to ask.
I see that your final payment due date is next week. Once your cruise opens up online excursion booking, can you look something up for me? I'm trying to decide between 2 excursions in Villefranche and would love to know the actual times that these excursions are offered. So once you're done booking all of your own stuff & when you have time, could you list the choices of meeting times of these excursions?:

Highlights of Monaco and Top Car Museum $62 (ages 10 and up) 4 to 4.5 Hours

Nice and Monaco $169 (ages 10 and up) 8 to 8.5 hours

Our tours of Italy will be long days so I'm not sure I want another 8 hr day in Villefranche. Also a huge difference in price for a family of 4.
I realize the time offerings may be different between June & August cruises but this will help settle my mind. This cruise is taking over my brain and it's so hard to think of anything else. Our final payment is due April 19 which just seems so far away!

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:53 AM   #557
F2superstar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Hi All!
We're not booked on this cruise but we are cruising a 7-nt Med in August. I have a huge favor to ask.
I see that your final payment due date is next week. Once your cruise opens up online excursion booking, can you look something up for me? I'm trying to decide between 2 excursions in Villefranche and would love to know the actual times that these excursions are offered. So once you're done booking all of your own stuff & when you have time, could you list the choices of meeting times of these excursions?:

Our tours of Italy will be long days so I'm not sure I want another 8 hr day in Villefranche. Also a huge difference in price for a family of 4.
I realize the time offerings may be different between June & August cruises but this will help settle my mind. This cruise is taking over my brain and it's so hard to think of anything else. Our final payment is due April 19 which just seems so far away!

Hi,

I am sure someone will get back to you with this information, there a lot of helpful people on the forum.

I have been to Nice twice and found their public transport to be excellent so I won't be going on any of the organised tours. You can hop on a lovely air conditioned bus from the bus station in Nice for only a few euros return ticket which will take you along the coast to Monaco and Monte Carlo. The first stop is the Principality of Monaco which you can easily walk around on your own and also visit the Cathedral where Princess Grace is buried. Then time the bus for your next journey to Monte Carlo, it's as easy as that!
F2superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #558
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Ok I got to ask, I've heard of haggis before but what the heck is larva bread??

If larva means the same as it does over here then there is no way I'm eating that.....lol

Also we just paid in full yesterday!! Really getting close now!!

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #559
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
Ok I got to ask, I've heard of haggis before but what the heck is larva bread??

If larva means the same as it does over here then there is no way I'm eating that.....lol

Also we just paid in full yesterday!! Really getting close now!!
Hi, it is a Welsh dish, they also sell it in supermarkets on the deli counters here in Wales. I remember it mostly from my Nan, but may give it a go again. It looks like spinach a little when cooked.

I just copied this from wiki for you.

Laverbread (Welsh: bara lafwr or bara lawr) is a traditional Welsh delicacy made from laver. To make laverbread, the seaweed is boiled for several hours, then minced or pureed. The gelatinous paste that results can then be sold as it is, or rolled in oatmeal; it is generally coated with oatmeal prior to frying.

Laverbread is traditionally eaten fried with bacon and cockles for breakfast. It can also be used to make a sauce to accompany lamb, crab, monkfish, etc., and to make laver soup (Welsh: cawl lafwr). Richard Burton has been attributed as describing laverbread as "Welshman's caviar".

Laver is often associated with Penclawdd and its cockles, being used traditionally in the Welsh diet and is still eaten widely across Wales in the form of laverbread. In addition to Wales, laverbread is eaten across the Bristol Channel in North Devon, especially around the Exmoor coast around Lynmouth, Combe Martin and Ilfracombe. In North Devon it is generally not cooked with oatmeal and it is simply referred to as 'Laver' (lay-ver).

Laver is highly nutritious because of its high proportions of protein, iron, and especially iodine. It also contains high levels of vitamins B2, A, D and C.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #560
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi All!

Hi, this will be my first Disney cruise so I will not get access to that info for some time. I am sure one of the other guys who get early access will be able to inform you soon enough.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #561
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
Hi, this will be my first Disney cruise so I will not get access to that info for some time. I am sure one of the other guys who get early access will be able to inform you soon enough.
Oh, you are going to love it!! Have a great time!!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #562
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Oh wait! Another thing I'd like to know is if DCL offers Onboard Check In for those flying a participating airline from BCN. I didn't think they'd offer it for the Alaskan cruise but they did. It's my favorite free thing from DCL.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...ck-in-service/

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...line-check-in/

We're flying USAirways which is a participating airline. My doubt stems from the fact that it's an international flight. I'm still hopeful.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:32 AM   #563
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh wait! Another thing I'd like to know is if DCL offers Onboard Check In for those flying a participating airline from BCN. I didn't think they'd offer it for the Alaskan cruise but they did. It's my favorite free thing from DCL.

We're flying USAirways which is a participating airline. My doubt stems from the fact that it's an international flight. I'm still hopeful.
I spoke to a lovely lady at dcl the other day and although not relevant to me we got off talking and she said they wouldn't be doing this. It could change or be wrong I just wouldn't get your hopes up.

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #564
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2

I don't believe they offer this for any of the the flights into Europe
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #565
FRENCHTINK
Earning My Ears

Question Fe list ?

Hello. What is the link for our FE list ? Thanks.
FRENCHTINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #566
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHTINK View Post
Hello. What is the link for our FE list ? Thanks.
Hi, I just got this from the first post as everything is listed on there.

If you are interested in joining the FE exchange for our Med cruise, please send me an email to cuddlykoala33@aol.com . In the email send me your stateroom number, Disboard name, first name of each person in the stateroom, relationship to you (DH, DW, DP, DD, DS, DM, etc.) including ages and gender of children.
Example:-
Stateroom #-
DisBoard Name -
First Name -
Age -
First Name -
Age -

HTH

Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #567
FRENCHTINK
Earning My Ears

I'm already on the list, but I don't have the list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
Hi, I just got this from the first post as everything is listed on there.

If you are interested in joining the FE exchange for our Med cruise, please send me an email to cuddlykoala33@aol.com . In the email send me your stateroom number, Disboard name, first name of each person in the stateroom, relationship to you (DH, DW, DP, DD, DS, DM, etc.) including ages and gender of children.
Example:-
Stateroom #-
DisBoard Name -
First Name -
Age -
First Name -
Age -

HTH
FRENCHTINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #568
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHTINK View Post
I'm already on the list, but I don't have the list...

Ah, right. I haven't seen a list yet, not sure if one has been posted anywhere.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #569
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
I spoke to a lovely lady at dcl the other day and although not relevant to me we got off talking and she said they wouldn't be doing this. It could change or be wrong I just wouldn't get your hopes up.
Thanks!

Sorry to hijack your thread here!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #570
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!

Sorry to hijack your thread here!
I'm sure we'd all be the same if we weren't on the first sailing

So has anyone got any tips for Barcelona?? I know a few have done it before, is there anything that's must see? We won't be doing our usual high powered tourist thing just a let's see what we can manage at a leisurely pace

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: