Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #541
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathervincent View Post
We will bring our pirate accessories if they fit! What does everyone wear for formal and semi formal nights?
I have a long dress and mid length for formal and semi formal nights. Other nights I may will probably be casual.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #542
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Sure the formal and semi formal nights are sea days and pirates night Thursday!? I could of course be making it all up

Are we nearly there yet?

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #543
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
Sure the formal and semi formal nights are sea days and pirates night Thursday!? I could of course be making it all up

Are we nearly there yet?
If there was a like button I would use it.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #544
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Welcome to all the new cruisers that have joined us!!!!!! Only 130 more days!!!

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #545
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Glad to see that our thread is starting to pick up!!! Let the planning begin!

Count me in as one wanting to know when formal and semi formal night is as well.

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #546
sniggelaru
Earning My Ears

Last time I went on a med cruise on the magic about 2 years ago, I joined a thread with other people going and e majority said they were going in pirate costumes for pirates night so went of and bought costumes for dh,and two dd and myself, and on pirates night hardly anyone was in fancy dress so this year my Dds can go in costumes and ill just wear 3 quarter trousers and a top with jollyrodger or similar. The formal night thought it was going to be like other cruises with people all dressed up long dresses etc but there was a bit of everything with some dressed casually and some formal
sniggelaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #547
purplern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
Welcome to all the new cruisers that have joined us!!!!!! Only 130 more days!!!
I cant wait!!!!!

Dixie landings-92 Carribean beach-03 AKL-03 Wilderness lodge-04 POR-06 Disney Wonder-06 Grand Floridian & Disney Magic 08
purplern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #548
sniggelaru
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to go driving my dh crazy, don't know how I'm going to keep it a surprise from my two dds. Hopefully the next couple of months will pass quickly
sniggelaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #549
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

I'm going to be bouncing off the walls soon!!!

I have been off work for the past week and have almost another week off before I return to work. I have too much time on my hands to think about this cruise at the moment and time is dragging.

Can't wait to get back to work now. Only thing is, I go back for 8 days and then I am off for 2 weeks again as I didn't use last years holidays. Lesson learnt, make sure I use my holidays or I will be forced to take them.

Just doing some browsing for FE gift ideas. I have already bought some things, but need to start more prep. Just wish I knew how many people, their sex and ages.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #550
Williams mum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
Hello and welcome. I too will be celebrate my birthday on board, 1 shy of a milestone. I have 2 boys aged 7 & 9, so it is great to see another boy on board.
As you can see, I live in the Uk (Wales) but will not be flying. We were thinking of the train, but I am not sure as we can't book that until March (and I need to book now before I pop). I almost talked DH into booking with British Airways yesterday, but soon found he was humouring me because he didn't say NO! My DH only flies if there is no other choice, now he is looking at coaches!!!:
I looked at the train too but decided that if it turned out to be pricey then the cheaper plane seats might have gone. Also we are family of five making things like booking cabins a total nightmare! But it looked like fun... We have annual passes to dlp (not as disney mad as I sound. It was halfway point on our journey to campsite last summer and the annual passes were cheaper than a two day pass!) so thought might as well use them first. I loathe flying too so can commiserate. But if you want to go to nice places it has become a necessary evil for me. I just self medicate with almost lethal quantities of gin! William is also pleased to know that there are boys his age. He looked at a list somewhere and it was all girls names. I am originally (very originally -haven't lived there for long long time) from Wales too. We are in gloucester now. Are you doing FE? If so I foresee lots of people getting a double load of welsh dragon stuff
Williams mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #551
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams mum View Post
I looked at the train too but decided that if it turned out to be pricey then the cheaper plane seats might have gone. Also we are family of five making things like booking cabins a total nightmare! But it looked like fun... We have annual passes to dlp (not as disney mad as I sound. It was halfway point on our journey to campsite last summer and the annual passes were cheaper than a two day pass!) so thought might as well use them first. I loathe flying too so can commiserate. But if you want to go to nice places it has become a necessary evil for me. I just self medicate with almost lethal quantities of gin! William is also pleased to know that there are boys his age. He looked at a list somewhere and it was all girls names. I am originally (very originally -haven't lived there for long long time) from Wales too. We are in gloucester now. Are you doing FE? If so I foresee lots of people getting a double load of welsh dragon stuff
Lol to the dragon. S'ok, I won't be bringing any dragons, they're way too big.

I thought about stopping off at DLP on the way but DH said we should maybe go for xmas this year because we was planning on going for xmas just gone. We decided to take the cruise instead! Only trouble with xmas for us is I would have to talk super nice to my boss as I work all over xmas and we are not allowed holidays from mid November to mid January.

I was close to talking him around yesterday, when he said he wouldn't want to have a panic attack with the boys around.

I have been looking for vegetarian places for my DH today, he is a strict veggie!!! Glad my kids are no longer veggie since they wanted to change their diets. I just informed Disney of their dietary requirement changes.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #552
F2superstar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Lol to the dragon. S'ok, I won't be bringing any dragons, they're way too big.

I thought about stopping off at DLP on the way but DH said we should maybe go for xmas this year because we was planning on going for xmas just gone. We decided to take the cruise instead! Only trouble with xmas for us is I would have to talk super nice to my boss as I work all over xmas and we are not allowed holidays from mid November to mid January.

I was close to talking him around yesterday, when he said he wouldn't want to have a panic attack with the boys around.

I have been looking for vegetarian places for my DH today, he is a strict veggie!!! Glad my kids are no longer veggie since they wanted to change their diets. I just informed Disney of their dietary requirement changes.
Celebrating Rabbie Burns Day with a vegetarian haggis as that was all what was left in the supermarket. I'm not vegetarian but amazingly it tastes the same to me.
F2superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #553
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

I have never tried haggis, only remember larva bread when my Nan would eat it. I used to buy it for her and also collected seaweed for her when I was at the beach. "Ych a fi"! As I used to say to my nan whenever she tried to get me to eat it. Lol

Old 01-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #554
F2superstar
Earning My Ears

Talking

[QUOTE=Disney mam;47314190]I have never tried haggis, only remember larva bread when my Nan would eat it. I used to buy it for her and also collected seaweed for her when I was at the beach. "Ych a fi"! As I used to say to my nan whenever she tried to get me to eat it.

Yes, I remember feeling the same way about haggis when I was young..."yuck" i used to say. Then in my early 20's went to a Burns Night and didn't want to be rude so I ate it and discovered I liked it lol.

One thing is for sure we won't get any larva bread or haggis on the Disney Magic!

Getting more excited as the weeks go in. Bought 20 odd items for thenFE Exchange. I hope there are a good number of non Brits in my group as I think they would appreciate this.

I can see the River Forth from my house and my granddaughter saw a large
Dredger and she shouted "Look Granny Mickey Mouse's boat!
F2superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #555
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=F2superstar;47314945]
Quote:
I have never tried haggis, only remember larva bread when my Nan would eat it. I used to buy it for her and also collected seaweed for her when I was at the beach. "Ych a fi"! As I used to say to my nan whenever she tried to get me to eat it.

Yes, I remember feeling the same way about haggis when I was young..."yuck" i used to say. Then in my early 20's went to a Burns Night and didn't want to be rude so I ate it and discovered I liked it lol.

One thing is for sure we won't get any larva bread or haggis on the Disney Magic!

Getting more excited as the weeks go in. Bought 20 odd items for thenFE Exchange. I hope there are a good number of non Brits in my group as I think they would appreciate this.

I can see the River Forth from my house and my granddaughter saw a large
Dredger and she shouted "Look Granny Mickey Mouse's boat!
Glad there won't be Haggis and Larva Bread on board. My ds Harvey says he wants to try escargo and lobster, so I told him I would try some with him. He has only just started eating meat!!!

I have started on FE stuuf. I have bought some things and have started making the others. I will just need to control myself or I will end up with a case just for gifts. lol

Lovely view I am sure, Great things come from rain, snow and sunshine. Sweet about your Granddaughetr.
I miss my view from my childhood (Caerphilly Castle) from my bedroom window. All lit up green at night because of the myth about "the green lady".

Went to Utah to visit friends and we missed the trees and green. We were even happy to see the rain they had one night. lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: