Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #526
Williams mum
Earning My Ears

Hi All! We are booked on this cruise too. Just about to make the final payment. Ouch! We are from Gloucester, UK. Family of five, me, DH, Will (9), Nellie (6) and Emily (4). This will be the second Disney cruise for all of us. We would also love to sign up for the FE list, but because we are flying to Barcelona on budget airline (i.e. not a big baggage allowance!) we can't carry loads and loads. If the list were fairly small we could manage it though! I am new to this though. What do people recommend for the FE's?

Thanks!
Williams mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #527
Williams mum
Earning My Ears

Forgot to say we are going to "celebrate" my birthday. Its a milestone one and I'm not looking forward to it . Looking forward to cruise later in year instead
Williams mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #528
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala 84 View Post
Hello everybody!

I'm new here and I'm so looking forward to our very first Cruise in June ! In our party there's also my husband and our little son (now 9 months old).

Can you tell me what "Fish Extenders" are?

We live in Germany and we've been to Italy and the Mediterranean Sea several times (so a cruise in the USA would've been a bit more spectacular to us, maybe ), but never been to Barcelona before and we wanna stay there a couple of days before Embarkation day.

We hope to be able to book a Shore Excursion to Rome (a walk through Renaissance Rome) - does anyone want to take part in that, too?

We're also looking forward to exploring Barcelona for a couple of days before sailing. There's some info about fish extenders on the first post of this meet thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams mum View Post
Hi All! We are booked on this cruise too. Just about to make the final payment. Ouch! We are from Gloucester, UK. Family of five, me, DH, Will (9), Nellie (6) and Emily (4). This will be the second Disney cruise for all of us. We would also love to sign up for the FE list, but because we are flying to Barcelona on budget airline (i.e. not a big baggage allowance!) we can't carry loads and loads. If the list were fairly small we could manage it though! I am new to this though. What do people recommend for the FE's?

Thanks!
I think for most of us planning to join in the FE it's going to be a careful balance of how much stuff we can manage. I can't link it right now but there's a good thread in the main part of the cruise forum about FE where people have shown off some of the gifts they've made and received.

What better way to spend your birthday (regardless of what number it is)

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #529
purplern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Forgot to say we are going to "celebrate" my birthday. Its a milestone one and I'm not looking forward to it . Looking forward to cruise later in year instead
Happy birthday early. We'll be celebrating mine too. mine is also a milestone one

Dixie landings-92 Carribean beach-03 AKL-03 Wilderness lodge-04 POR-06 Disney Wonder-06 Grand Floridian & Disney Magic 08
purplern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #530
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks!
Hello and welcome. I too will be celebrate my birthday on board, 1 shy of a milestone. I have 2 boys aged 7 & 9, so it is great to see another boy on board.
As you can see, I live in the Uk (Wales) but will not be flying. We were thinking of the train, but I am not sure as we can't book that until March (and I need to book now before I pop). I almost talked DH into booking with British Airways yesterday, but soon found he was humouring me because he didn't say NO! My DH only flies if there is no other choice, now he is looking at coaches!!! Guess I have to compromise if I want to go on a Disney cruise.

We are spending 2 days in Barcelona before the cruise.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #531
kikids
Mouseketeer

I also posted this on the main dis cruise board:

My TA reports that these are the dining rotation options.

Rotation 1 is Lumiere, Lumiere, Animator's Palate, Parrot Cay, Lumiere, Animator's and Parrot Cay.

Rotation 2 is Animator's, Animator's, Parrot Cay, Lumiere, Animator's, Parrot Cay and Lumiere

Rotation 3 is Parrot Cay, Parrrot Cay, Lumiere, Animator's, Parrot Cay, Lumiere and Animator's

I don't know though, which nights are the formal, semi, pirate, etc. Anyone else know?

cindy
Disney Fantasy 2014, Disney Magic 2013 (Mediterranean) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124303, Disney Magic 2012, Disney Dream 2011, Disney Wonder 2010, POP 2012, CBR 2010, POR 2009, Off property 2002-2008, SeaWorld 2010, 2011.

kikids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #532
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikids
My TA reports that these are the dining rotation options.

Rotation 1 is Lumiere, Lumiere, Animator's Palate, Parrot Cay, Lumiere, Animator's and Parrot Cay.

Rotation 2 is Animator's, Animator's, Parrot Cay, Lumiere, Animator's, Parrot Cay and Lumiere

Rotation 3 is Parrot Cay, Parrrot Cay, Lumiere, Animator's, Parrot Cay, Lumiere and Animator's

I don't know though, which nights are the formal, semi, pirate, etc. Anyone else know?

cindy
Crosses fingers that we don't end up with rotation 3, as don't fancy 3 nights in Parrot Cay. Love Lumiere's and Animator's though!!
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #533
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

When do you get to find out what rotation you are on? Can you request a rotation too?

Where does everyone prefer to dine on pirates night and are you taking costumes?

Sorry,I hope its not too many questions.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #534
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam
When do you get to find out what rotation you are on? Can you request a rotation too?

Where does everyone prefer to dine on pirates night and are you taking costumes?

Sorry,I hope its not too many questions.
On embarkation day your dining rotation will be on your Key to the World card. There is a period of time on that day where you can request changes to your dining rotation/tablemates etc. it's usually in one of the bars that you go to do that at around 1pm.

We don't mind which restaraunt we're in on Pirate Night, the deck party and fireworks is definitely the best part
Old 01-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #535
kikids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post

Yes, we plan to bring pirate 'costumes' - actually it's mostly just black clothes with a few accessories to make it 'piratey', but it works.

Regarding the dining rotation: It's true you don't know for sure until you are issued your key card but you can put in a request, which they don't promise, but has always worked out for us. If you used a travel agent, send him/her your request to be added to your reservation. If you booked yourself, you can call disney and ask them to add it.

Most people don't really care what rotation they get. But some like to plan to be in Lumieres for formal night, or Parrot Cay for pirate night since it has more of a Caribbean vibe. I like to remember that the 'show' in Animators Palate where the walls turn colors, has historically taken place on your second night eating in that location. So I want to make sure this falls on a day where we won't be exhausted from excursions and be tempted to skip dinner in the dining room. The dining room you eat in on the last night is also the one you have breakfast in before disembarking. For us last time it was Lumieres, and this worked out conveniently for then getting off the ship quickly, but it's a minor thing.

Like I said, I think very few people are picky about it and put in an official request, but it's fun to know the rotations and speculate/dream about it anyway.

Cindy
Disney Fantasy 2014, Disney Magic 2013 (Mediterranean) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124303, Disney Magic 2012, Disney Dream 2011, Disney Wonder 2010, POP 2012, CBR 2010, POR 2009, Off property 2002-2008, SeaWorld 2010, 2011.

kikids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:59 AM   #536
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
On embarkation day your dining rotation will be on your Key to the World card. There is a period of time on that day where you can request changes to your dining rotation/tablemates etc. it's usually in one of the bars that you go to do that at around 1pm.

We don't mind which restaraunt we're in on Pirate Night, the deck party and fireworks is definitely the best part
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikids View Post
Yes, we plan to bring pirate 'costumes' - actually it's mostly just black clothes with a few accessories to make it 'piratey', but it works.

Regarding the dining rotation: It's true you don't know for sure until you are issued your key card but you can put in a request, which they don't promise, but has always worked out for us. If you used a travel agent, send him/her your request to be added to your reservation. If you booked yourself, you can call disney and ask them to add it.

Most people don't really care what rotation they get. But some like to plan to be in Lumieres for formal night, or Parrot Cay for pirate night since it has more of a Caribbean vibe. I like to remember that the 'show' in Animators Palate where the walls turn colors, has historically taken place on your second night eating in that location. So I want to make sure this falls on a day where we won't be exhausted from excursions and be tempted to skip dinner in the dining room. The dining room you eat in on the last night is also the one you have breakfast in before disembarking. For us last time it was Lumieres, and this worked out conveniently for then getting off the ship quickly, but it's a minor thing.

Like I said, I think very few people are picky about it and put in an official request, but it's fun to know the rotations and speculate/dream about it anyway.

Cindy
I am sure a couple of months back that they had pirates nights down for Wed 5th June. It was in my activities section, but I can no longer find it. Will go on he hunt today to find it again, but they have changed the website again(Disney that is). Also, Formal night was on day 2, our first sea day. Like I said, that info I am struggling to find now so they may have changed it.

I only remember the day because I remember thinking that the fireworks will be on my birthday.

I thought about costumes, but then thought extra baggage. I am now thinking about T-shirts with a pirate theme would be fine.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #537
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Would be glad to find out when the formal and or semi formal nights were if anyone has any luck finding out!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #538
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Okay, so I have finally given up on the waiting game with the exchange rate. I don't think it is going to improve (if anything, it has been going down). I have just PAID IN FULL.

I am so excited and could not wait any longer.

I am sure both formal and semi-formal nights were on our sea days.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #539
heathervincent
Earning My Ears

We will bring our pirate accessories if they fit! What does everyone wear for formal and semi formal nights?
heathervincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #540
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathervincent
We will bring our pirate accessories if they fit! What does everyone wear for formal and semi formal nights?
I usually keep my nicest dresses for formal and semi formal and dress them up with sparkly accessories.

Pirate Night on the WBTA we ironed motifs on some black trousers , found a stripey shirt with a skull on it and even had an inflatable parrot!!!! I also had a POC Mickey Ears hat that I wore. Not too sure about this year. May just get a t shirt made

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: