Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 02:36 AM   #301
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Last day in work and then I have the weekend off to enjoy the Olympics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacagurugal View Post
So sad to say we will not be joining everyone on this cruise. With the airfare not going down and the excursions being outragous, we have changed from this to a 4 day cruise on the Dream and 3 nights at WDW. I know this is not the same as Europe, but the price is half.

Everyone enjoy themselves!

That's a shame.

So long as you have a fab time on whichever holiday you go on.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #302
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Just got back from 6 days at Disneyland, and now I'm ready to start planning for this vacation!
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #303
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Just got back from 6 days at Disneyland, and now I'm ready to start planning for this vacation!
How was Cars Land?? It wasn't open when we were there last February. From what I've seen on line it looks like a great attraction!!

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #304
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
How was Cars Land?? It wasn't open when we were there last February. From what I've seen on line it looks like a great attraction!!
We LOVED it. Radiator Springs Racers was sooo much fun! And Maters Junkyard Jamboree turned out to be my DH and DD(7)s favorite ride! It was much funner than it looks. I wasn't super impressed with Luigis, but we were the first ones on the ride that day and it wasn't even half full so that might have had something to do with it. Carsland itself was really neat, especially at dusk when they light it up. It looks just like it does in the movie. We ate at Flo's V8 and it was yummy!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #305
duckman17
Earning My Ears

Me and my two friends will be on the June 1st sailing! Me (Cameron) 20, Sean 21, Jessica 20. Happy to be headed to Europe!!
duckman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #306
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone's doing well, sorry to see a couple won't be making it this time but to those joining

Ive not been around much and was shocked when I saw my ticker in the 9 month zone got a trip to DLP in a few weeks once that's done sure I'll be in full planning mode x

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #307
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Everyone keep your fingers crossed...my DH chooses his vacation later on today. He is usure if he will be able to get June vacation for next year. We will know by this time tomorrow....
Old 08-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #308
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman17 View Post
Me and my two friends will be on the June 1st sailing! Me (Cameron) 20, Sean 21, Jessica 20. Happy to be headed to Europe!!
Welcome!! Sounds like a blast to go on a Med cruise with friends!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
Hope everyone's doing well, sorry to see a couple won't be making it this time but to those joining

Ive not been around much and was shocked when I saw my ticker in the 9 month zone got a trip to DLP in a few weeks once that's done sure I'll be in full planning mode x
I'm so glad that I also have a trip to WDW at the end of the month to keep me occupied a little bit as well! We do have a few things planned for our cruise but will go into full planning mode after we come back. We're just starting to look into airfare which is much higher than I'd hoped. But we'll do it if we have to! We plan to fly in to be there on Thursday before the cruise and then we're going to head back the same day that we get back into port on the 8th.

Quote:
Everyone keep your fingers crossed...my DH chooses his vacation later on today. He is usure if he will be able to get June vacation for next year. We will know by this time tomorrow....
Good luck!! Sending pixie dust vibes!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #309
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Beware Hilton Diagonal Mar Hotel

Well, all I can say for those of you booking your own rooms, be careful doing it at the Hilton.....

When we did the last Med cruise, we came in the day before and had booked a PRE-PAID reservation at the Hilton Diagonal Mar Hotel. We arrived at about 7 PM and were told there were no rooms available.

They DID arrange for us to stay somewhere else, and got us there, but we lost over an hour doing this. We were hot, tired, hungry and grumpy and it didn't make our day to find out after taking a cab there, we had to go back basically where we had started!

Just an FYI for any of you out there looking..........
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #310
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
Well, all I can say for those of you booking your own rooms, be careful doing it at the Hilton.....

When we did the last Med cruise, we came in the day before and had booked a PRE-PAID reservation at the Hilton Diagonal Mar Hotel. We arrived at about 7 PM and were told there were no rooms available.

They DID arrange for us to stay somewhere else, and got us there, but we lost over an hour doing this. We were hot, tired, hungry and grumpy and it didn't make our day to find out after taking a cab there, we had to go back basically where we had started!

Just an FYI for any of you out there looking..........
WOW, that sounds horrible! Thanks for the heads up!

On a happy note...My DH got the vacation dates we needed! So, let the planning begin!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #311
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
WOW, that sounds horrible! Thanks for the heads up!

On a happy note...My DH got the vacation dates we needed! So, let the planning begin!
Yay, congrats.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #312
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Well since we found out DH has the vacation dates we needed I've started my research and planning phase. Today I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights prior to the cruise at the Renaissance Barcelona airport hotel. Tomorrow I will be researching private shore tours.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #313
DanieD0909
Mouseketeer

I'm booked at the renaissance airport hotel too...I stayed there last year when my flight got cancelled and it was really nice!

However...finding the shuttle area where you get the shuttle is a little difficult...the airport staff was less than willing to assist me but it was almost midnight so maybe everyone was tired!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #314
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

We're staying at the Renaissance airport for two nights before the cruise too!! We are hoping to get there in the afternoon on Thursday and just chill for the rest of the night, then wake up the next morning and do some sightseeing on Friday. We booked the cruise package that offers breakfast and transportation to the port. We haven't booked our flights yet but that's our plan!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #315
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

That's our plan too, we will be getting in Thursday (morning if we fly through Newark, afternoon if we fly through Frankfurt). I think it will take at least a day to recover from traveling from the west coast to Europe and then if we are up for it we will be doing some sightseeing on Friday (which is also DH's b-day).
Now I just have to figure out what "the plan" is for each port day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: