Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #256
vacagurugal
Earning My Ears

Pisa/Florence

I have been all over Italy with my husband in 2004. Pisa is very nice. The Tower is neat to climb, but LOTS of steps and close. The Church and Baptistry are pretty nice also. The square (green area) is a great photo spot! There are a lot of places to buy trinketts leaving into the square. You can buy little Carrara marble carvings of the tower.

You can spend hours going up the tower, pictures, church and baptistry or you can just see the tower and head to Florence.

Florence is one of the great cities, not like Rome (which is the best and overwhelming). The David is the greatest sculpture I have ever seen. The city is busy, tons of tourist during the summer, but the shopping for leather, silver, lace, table clothes are worth the stroll. The Dumo is pretty ugly with the weird colors but the gold doors are pretty impressive, even if they are not the originals. The square (I forgot the name) outside the museums with all the statues are great to see without going into the all the museums.

I see several people stating they have hired private drivers for Naples, I would like to check into this can I have any websites you have been looking at???

Less than a year and ready to go back to Europe!

Disneyland Paris 2000
England 2000
Italy 2004
Greece 2006 (corfu, santorini)
Croatia 2006
Turkey 2006
Ireland 2007
Belgium 2010
Netherlands 2010 (rotterdam, antrewp, amsterdam)

vacagurugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #257
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacagurugal View Post
I have been all over Italy with my husband in 2004. Pisa is very nice. The Tower is neat to climb, but LOTS of steps and close. The Church and Baptistry are pretty nice also. The square (green area) is a great photo spot! There are a lot of places to buy trinketts leaving into the square. You can buy little Carrara marble carvings of the tower.

You can spend hours going up the tower, pictures, church and baptistry or you can just see the tower and head to Florence.

Florence is one of the great cities, not like Rome (which is the best and overwhelming). The David is the greatest sculpture I have ever seen. The city is busy, tons of tourist during the summer, but the shopping for leather, silver, lace, table clothes are worth the stroll. The Dumo is pretty ugly with the weird colors but the gold doors are pretty impressive, even if they are not the originals. The square (I forgot the name) outside the museums with all the statues are great to see without going into the all the museums.

I see several people stating they have hired private drivers for Naples, I would like to check into this can I have any websites you have been looking at???

Disneyland Paris 2000
England 2000
Italy 2004
Croatia 2006
Turkey 2006
Ireland 2007
Belgium 2010

Oooooh it all sounds so wonderful

I can't remember any company names of the top of my head of I'm honest, I've just looked at trip advisor for some that got good feedback and shot off some emails for quotes etc

I'm not booking anything yet, have spoken to past cruisers who started booking 6 months out which suits me. Also I'm hoping to find others who'd be willing to share say a minivan as opposed to just the 3 of us in a sedan, the cost of many tours is per vehicle and it seems it could work out saving a lot

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #258
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Meant to say would anyone be interested in a Facebook page for the group? Not that I know anything about it just it seems to be fairly popular I can barely figure out settings on Facebook

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
Old 06-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #259
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
Meant to say would anyone be interested in a Facebook page for the group? Not that I know anything about it just it seems to be fairly popular I can barely figure out settings on Facebook
I would actually prefer it, it helps with who said what to who about what - LOL! Easier to read too!
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #260
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacagurugal View Post

Disneyland Paris 2000
England 2000
Italy 2004
Croatia 2006
Turkey 2006
Ireland 2007
Belgium 2010

We just booked with a company called Limo Service Naples. http://www.limoservicenaples.com/ We've heard back from them promptly (as promptly as possible with the time change!) and they are very friendly. I saw them mentioned in several trip reports and the writers seemed pretty happy with them. I also looked on Trip Advisor and they got good reviews. There was one review from someone on a Disney cruise and the person said that she hired them for several other cruise ports and they were on time and friendly. We are sharing a minivan with another family from this board and I think the price was pretty reasonable too!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #261
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

I'm going to book our before and after accommodation tomorrow very excited to be one step closer

decided on 2 nights before we sail in Barcelona and 1 after, means no time off school for dd and we'll be back home Sunday afternoon to get prepared for Monday morning. I know I should probably play the game and wait for sales/offers on hotels but on a few nights the savings won't be much and I'll be happy to be booked

Old 06-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #262
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
I'm going to book our before and after accommodation tomorrow very excited to be one step closer

decided on 2 nights before we sail in Barcelona and 1 after, means no time off school for dd and we'll be back home Sunday afternoon to get prepared for Monday morning. I know I should probably play the game and wait for sales/offers on hotels but on a few nights the savings won't be much and I'll be happy to be booked
Did you book? If so, where?

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #263
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
Did you book? If so, where?
I did, I booked Universal Hotel for a couple of nights before sailing, now just need the next 11 months to hurry up

Old 06-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #264
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I booked our hotel too! We are only coming in one day prior to the cruise so we only had to book for one night. We're staying at the Renaissance Barcelona Airport (a Marriott). It's by the airport so not near Las Ramblas or any tourist sites but it has several other advantages! There is a free shuttle that picks you up at the airport (and I like the idea of not having to pay for a shuttle or taxi), it has a free shuttle to Las Ramblas and back (so we can still do some sightseeing) and there is a cruise package that gets you free breakfast in the morning and a shuttle to the port. If we were staying longer we probably wouldn't stay so far away from the action but for one night I think it works for us!

Now we just have to wait for flights to come out to make sure that we'll arrive early enough on Friday to see everything we want to see!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #265
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

I feel so behind! I don't have anything (other than the cruise) booked. I haven't even started researching yet and I usually have that done by now. Our oldest DD graduated last week and with all that finished up I really need to get going on this.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #266
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I booked our hotel too! We are only coming in one day prior to the cruise so we only had to book for one night. We're staying at the Renaissance Barcelona Airport (a Marriott). It's by the airport so not near Las Ramblas or any tourist sites but it has several other advantages! There is a free shuttle that picks you up at the airport (and I like the idea of not having to pay for a shuttle or taxi), it has a free shuttle to Las Ramblas and back (so we can still do some sightseeing) and there is a cruise package that gets you free breakfast in the morning and a shuttle to the port. If we were staying longer we probably wouldn't stay so far away from the action but for one night I think it works for us!

Now we just have to wait for flights to come out to make sure that we'll arrive early enough on Friday to see everything we want to see!

$355 Euros is that right? That is the only room for 4 ?
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #267
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
$355 Euros is that right? That is the only room for 4 ?
We dont have four people in our group so I'm not sure. Ours was 135 euros for two people but it was an extra 30 euros for a rollaway bed.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #268
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

We are either going to have to get two rooms or some type of apartment rental because we are a family of 5 and hotels in Europe don't accommodate families that size. I was thinking of staying near the port, anyone have any suggestions?
Old 06-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #269
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Well done to all who have booked. I don't need a hotel for the night before, but may consider coming a day earlier.

I have 3 days off work so I will be able to catch up and do some research.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #270
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
Well done to all who have booked. I don't need a hotel for the night before, but may consider coming a day earlier.

I have 3 days off work so I will be able to catch up and do some research.
Hope you're enjoying your time off work.

Just to add we'll be booking the Novotel City for a night after the cruise, this had a lot of good feedback from previous cruisers and seemed to cater for families.

Last edited by tinkertaylor05; 06-24-2012 at 04:27 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: