Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #196
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehringdg View Post
I just got off the phone with DCL. The price for the package for our cruise is $2299 (adults) and $2179 (4-11). Looks like we are going to have to look at the excursions before deciding to do this. These prices triple the cost of the cruise for us.
Darn, probably not in the cards for us because of the price. With airfare it's a bit too much but very very fun to dream about!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #197
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Being a total dcl newbie I must be missing something here, I don't see the attraction of doing all the excursions with Disney? Forgive my ignorance, I'll be sorting out our own excursions, maybe even just hot foot it on local transport a couple of the ports.

It's nice to see what Disney will be offering just unnecessary for me

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2012, 03:08 AM   #198
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
Being a total dcl newbie I must be missing something here, I don't see the attraction of doing all the excursions with Disney? Forgive my ignorance, I'll be sorting out our own excursions, maybe even just hot foot it on local transport a couple of the ports.

I am totally the same as you (DCL newbie and the like). I didn't intend on doing ABD, just nice to see what info they are putting out there. If the prices were reasonable enough I may consider doing 1 excursion (if it appeals to me).

I guess we are excited to find more information being released even if we are not considering using them.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #199
gehringdg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
I am totally the same as you (DCL newbie and the like). I didn't intend on doing ABD, just nice to see what info they are putting out there. If the prices were reasonable enough I may consider doing 1 excursion (if it appeals to me).

I guess we are excited to find more information being released even if we are not considering using them.
I was hoping to be able to see what a ABD package was like and that the prices would be substantially lower since the lodging and food was already provided by the ship. I've heard they are a great way to see and learn about the places they go. Also, never being to Italy or Europe for that matter, it's a little daunting to think about doing excursions on our own. Hopefully, the excursion pricing will be much less expensive than ABD. Our biggest problem right now is figuring out the cheapest way to get to Barcelona and then spend a week after the cruise on our own and getting back home. We really are excited about this trip, just want to make sure we do it right!
gehringdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #200
pixie*duster
Mouseketeer

We'll be joining you--hopefully!

Hello! We are hoping to book this cruise while on board the Dream this summer. We originally had a (non-Disney) Med cruise planned for this summer, but the outrageous airfare knocked us out, and we decided to postpone until next summer. In the meantime, hubby was scheduled to go to Orlando in June for business, so he decided we should take a Disney cruise while we were there! To be honest, I would be pretty freaked out if I was going to Europe in a couple of months! So now I've got a whole year to plan and watch airfare. Travelers will include myself and my DH of 20 years (next year) and our DS who will be 14, and our DD who will be 10. We will likely be traveling out of Chicago O'Hare, but from where we live, St. Louis, Memphis, or Nashville are all within a 3 hour drive. The only other country we've ever visited is Mexico, so we are excited and nervous as well. But the fact that we've chosen to sail with Disney helps to ease some of my nervousness. (Knowing how Disney goes above and beyond in the customer service dept!). So hopefully I'll be able to tell you to officially add us to the meet thread in July!

Disney Dream 2012
RC Oasis of the Seas July 2010
Disney Wonder July 2008
Carnival Imagination July 2006
Carnival Fascination July 2002
pixie*duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #201
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie*duster View Post
Hello! We are hoping to book this cruise while on board the Dream this summer. We originally had a (non-Disney) Med cruise planned for this summer, but the outrageous airfare knocked us out, and we decided to postpone until next summer. In the meantime, hubby was scheduled to go to Orlando in June for business, so he decided we should take a Disney cruise while we were there! To be honest, I would be pretty freaked out if I was going to Europe in a couple of months! So now I've got a whole year to plan and watch airfare. Travelers will include myself and my DH of 20 years (next year) and our DS who will be 14, and our DD who will be 10. We will likely be traveling out of Chicago O'Hare, but from where we live, St. Louis, Memphis, or Nashville are all within a 3 hour drive. The only other country we've ever visited is Mexico, so we are excited and nervous as well. But the fact that we've chosen to sail with Disney helps to ease some of my nervousness. (Knowing how Disney goes above and beyond in the customer service dept!). So hopefully I'll be able to tell you to officially add us to the meet thread in July!
Welcome and I hope you will be able to join us! Enjoy your upcoming cruise! My DD12 and I went on a cruise in January and that sealed the deal for us and we knew we'd have to go on another. Hope to see you back here!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #202
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't plan on doing any Disney excursions actually but I think the ABD add on would be very fun...just not affordable for us. We are going to do all ports on our own and I *think* we mostly have things planned out already! Is that sad that we've got over a year to go and I've researched that much?
Old 05-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #203
vacagurugal
Earning My Ears

Talking Europe here we come~

DH , DD (18) , DS (21) and me all booked on the June 1st Med Cruise Can not wait. Just got back from cruise to Mexican Riveria via LA. Was great and loved it so much taking the kids with us this time! I want to plan this trip already and have over a year to go. Hope this times goes fast. Please add us to the list, for Roll Call and maybe FE.

Does anyone know the price for ABD for this cruise? Is it cost effective to do that than pay for each and every excursion? Seems very pricy from prior cruises.

Looking so forward to exploring Europe with my family!
vacagurugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #204
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacagurugal View Post
DH , DD (18) , DS (21) and me all booked on the June 1st Med Cruise Can not wait. Just got back from cruise to Mexican Riveria via LA. Was great and loved it so much taking the kids with us this time! I want to plan this trip already and have over a year to go. Hope this times goes fast. Please add us to the list, for Roll Call and maybe FE.

Does anyone know the price for ABD for this cruise? Is it cost effective to do that than pay for each and every excursion? Seems very pricy from prior cruises.

Welcome

I also hope the time goes fast, but I want time to save too.

I have posted a link previously about ABD, here's the link to the thread and the ABD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2915236

http://www.adventuresbydisney.com/eu...ses-vacations/

Enjoy your planning.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #205
WVMD

DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have done both a Med Cruise on DCL and an ABD tour. I quite frankly, don't see that it's worth it to combine to two. I don't see anything special with the ABD tour that to me, is a must have. The DCL excursions will be very similar and offer some of the same perks. I just don't see the added value.

Virgil

Past Cruises/Trips: Sept. 7, 2012 Canada, 06/12/2010 12 night Inaugural Baltic, 07/11/10 Kristin and Nicks Marriage cruise on the Wonder! 07/18/09 7 Night Eastern (St. Thomas and Tortola),08/01/08 Cities of Knights and Lights (ABD tour) 06/08/08 7 Night Mexican Riviera, 06/16/07 - 11 Night Mediterranean, 12/24/06 - Norwegian Sun (not an NCL fan...), 04/16/06 - Easter 4 day....The First Double Scoop Group 05/27/06, 10 Day Holiday Cruise 12/18/04 , 4 Day Wonder 04/11/04, 1st Cruise 3 day Wonder 09/25/03 Too many WDW visits to post.......
WVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #206
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Quote:

Welcome! My oldest DD will be so happy to hear there is another girl her age...she will be 19. It will be her first DCL that she wont be able to go into the teen club and she is worried she's not going to meet anyone to hang out with.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #207
vacagurugal
Earning My Ears

Cool med in 2013

We rhought it would be great to go with our kids for our 25th wedding anniversary. Glad to see someone her age. She will turn 20 on june 2. What a birthday too! this is their first dlc. Can not wait
vacagurugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #208
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Quote:
We rhought it would be great to go with our kids for our 25th wedding anniversary. Glad to see someone her age. She will turn 20 on june 2. What a birthday too! this is their first dlc. Can not wait
What a great way to celebrate a special anniversary and a birthday! My DHs b-day is the night before we set sail. So his will be celebrated in Barcelona, and on the cruise too I'm sure. My 40th b-day will be a couple of weeks after we go home, so I'm sure we will celebrate that onboard too.

Last edited by dismom73; 05-06-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: sp
dismom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:22 AM   #209
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone's doing well as we edge closer to 1 year countdown

We've just had a bank holiday weekend in the uk which was spent mostly by my dd exhausting YouTube of any Disney magic related videos she could find! I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed how fast the past couple of months have flown by on everyone's tickers but now getting twitchy to get everything booked in .... Come on release the flights already

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #210
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

I too am excited for the 1 year mark! I just hope I don't forget to notice it as my oldest DD will be graduating HS that week. Time is flying by for us trying to get ready for prom, graduation, party, and lots of out of town family coming in. Then we are going to Disneyland for a week in July, so it will be August before we know it and we will only have 10 months left!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: