Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #1411
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

Yes Kasey they helped us move. And it was to a Verandah, we had never had a verandah before so we were more than thrilled to pack up & move! I just left everything on hangers & they brought a luggage cart to move them, everything in drawers went into each suitcase & onto the luggage cart. DH & DD never helped me so fast lol!! It was a nice treat!! Our new room Stewart came into the new room & helped me put things away as we chatted.

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
Old 12-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #1412
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
Yes Kasey they helped us move. And it was to a Verandah, we had never had a verandah before so we were more than thrilled to pack up & move! I just left everything on hangers & they brought a luggage cart to move them, everything in drawers went into each suitcase & onto the luggage cart. DH & DD never helped me so fast lol!! It was a nice treat!! Our new room Stewart came into the new room & helped me put things away as we chatted.
Now, that kind of move I could deal with.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #1413
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sweeeet, Heather!!

I know the first thing I do when luggage arrives is kick everyone out, unpack, and place luggage under the beds. Now that we are so into packing cubes, I can literally place specific packing cubes in drawers versus taking everything out (especially with 4 of us). But in the old days before packing cubes, I would have gotten a stomach knot to re-pack LOL.

We offered to put Curt's mother in a verandah, but she stuck with her deck 2 oceanview. She's afraid that if she had a verandah she would spend too much time there and not get out and see the ship. I always keep an eye on any deals, and am currently on our third booking of this cruise LOL. After final payment I pretty much stay set, so just a few more weeks of watching for any deals! Do you think the verandah kept you more IN your cabin versus out and about doing things on the EBTA?

Sidenote - I have some friends on a cruise this week - they needed 5 cabins, one of which needed to be a balcony handicap accessible (grandfather in wheelchair). Let me tell ya, finding a cruise with just ONE handicap balcony available for them was craziness. I had told them about our cruise as an idea if Christmas week didn't work out for them, but all handicap verandahs of our EBTA sailing were already sold out at that point. Luckily I found them space on NCL that had an accessible verandah cabin, so they had Christmas in the Caribbean.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #1414
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

Honestly we weren't out there as much as I thought we would be! Pulling in and out of ports we would go out and take a look or while one of us was getting ready DD would order a PBJ and eat out there. We like to be out & about!

Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Triumph 2007
Old 12-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #1415
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819
Honestly we weren't out there as much as I thought we would be! Pulling in and out of ports we would go out and take a look or while one of us was getting ready DD would order a PBJ and eat out there. We like to be out & about!
This is why I can't justify the extra money to upgrade - on one hand I think I would love to sit out there and read but at the same time I think I would rather be out of the room doing stuff on the ship......
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 12-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #1416
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's what I am hoping as well - to really be out and about again this time. We have had a verandah a few times, but once was Alaska so we were doing lots of glacier watching then. I had the verandah with my parents in November, and seemed to use it when going into ports or while the kiddo napped. I know I could sit and read for hours if I could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
This is why I can't justify the extra money to upgrade - on one hand I think I would love to sit out there and read but at the same time I think I would rather be out of the room doing stuff on the ship......
That's us! We had an inside booked for this cruise, but when the interline rates came out they only offered them for oceanview and verandah - no insides. We prefer to be on the ship (or vacation) more often, so save a few bucks, get an inside, and enjoy the pitch black for sleeping in. Had an inside category been available, we would have booked that to save even more money. (ie reallocate money to spend elsewhere LOL) I had been looking forward to the inside sideways we had booked.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #1417
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

I enjoy being up by the pool, DD loves to swim so I can sit there & read, sleep, people watch etc. you can't beat that verandah!!! 2011 on EBTA it was nice being up there because if anyone saw dolphins, turtles or anything else interesting, word traveled fast & you could go see too!

Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Triumph 2007
Old 12-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #1418
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I enjoy being up by the pool, DD loves to swim so I can sit there & read, sleep, people watch etc. you can't beat that verandah!!! 2011 on EBTA it was nice being up there because if anyone saw dolphins, turtles or anything else interesting, word traveled fast & you could go see too!
We love the pool too! But only in the shade... hubby has had melanoma a few times, luckily all stage one, plus some other skin cancers, but we try to steer clear of the sun from 10-4. Can't miss my girls though - they are the ones wearing the swimsuits that have sleeves and go to their knees! We did manage to snag a lounge chair in the shade one afternoon on the WBTA to watch a movie while the 2 year old napped. I'm sure we looked funny with three of us piled on one lounge chair next to all the empties that were occupied with a book, pair of shoes and towel. I think our only day in the sun was briefly on St Maartin and the catamaran day to Jost VanDyke from Tortola, continuously lathered in sunscreen.

We were good in our DIS group to send out texts when cool things were going on. Gotta love those wave phones! Maybe it was Gibraltar we were sailing away from with all the dolphins I think. Believe it or not, Galveston had some good sets of dolphins at sailaway.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #1419
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
I wonder if they may do the same on this one then if it is as empty as people say?
There will be MANY who will book this cruise within a 90 or 120 day window (for discount purposes) ... not uncommon for T/A cruises, especially EB T/A cruises.

Remember, capacity rate is not the same as unsold staterooms, and an unsold stateroom is not the same as an available stateroom. Applying upgrades is a fine art ... complicated calculations based upon hoards of factors not known to the public.

Steven
Old 12-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #1420
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
another interesting thing - DCL seldom upgrades DVC bookings...we are going to try to get a port upgrade, but we are not hopeful....we are on deck 6 and are happy with that!
Hi Cayla! We moved from the WB Panama Canal Cruise to the EB T/A. We could not do both (they overlap), and we've sailed each before .. so it was a tough choice.

(DVC upgrades) One reason DCL does not frequently upgrade DVC is ... DVC reservations are normally made with / for a specific stateroom. DCL does not typically upgrade someone from a requested stateroom, but it happens. With DCL, I have found there are far more EB TransAtlantic reservations made with GTY (including within the last 90-120 of sailing) ... so more upgrades are made. In our case, we used DVC points to reserve two staterooms. One is a Verandah GTY, while the other is an inside category (not a GTY). We are hoping both will be upgraded. If I get the Roy or Walt Suite, I will show the room in cabin crawl. If we get BOTH the Roy and Walt Suite(s) ... I will play the lottery, and buy a few cases of champagne to share!

Steven
Old 12-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #1421
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Now, that kind of move I could deal with.
That's a DCL Concierge level perk (I believe) ... and I believe is also included with all Azamara cruises (upgraded Celebrity cruise line), where each stateroom has a BUTLER ... not a stateroom host. For now, I'll just have to SLUM it with a stateroom host.

Steven
Old 12-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #1422
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
That's a DCL Concierge level perk (I believe) ... and I believe is also included with all Azamara cruises (upgraded Celebrity cruise line), where each stateroom has a BUTLER ... not a stateroom host. For now, I'll just have to SLUM it with a stateroom host.

Steven
LOL! Unfortunately, that is not a DCL Concierge perk. It seems only the cruise lines that offer Butler service with their suites provide packing and unpacking as an option.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 12-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #1423
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

I think she was just being nice & helping me due to the fact we were upgraded for DCL convenience. It was in the middle of a sea day and she was extremely helpful!!

Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Triumph 2007
Old 12-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #1424
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
There will be at least one formal and most likely two informal nights. On a few of the longer cruises we had two formal and two informal nights. So be sure to bring your fancy clothing!!
When/how will we find out what evenings are what? Will everyone have the same formal night? As in, will all the restaurants do formal night on the same night?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #1425
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
We were good in our DIS group to send out texts when cool things were going on. Gotta love those wave phones!
When we sailed in 2010 there were no wavephones. We can call each other's phones and text too? That sounds awesome. I guess you just need the room number? Is there 1 or 2 phones per room though? would a call go to both? Sorry for the ignorance.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: