Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #931
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger2on View Post
Getting my TA to change our 11BGTY to a 10CGTY. Decided with the 3 kids that i am going to need that little bit of extra footage... Maybe DCL will pixie dust me.... and upgrade us to a split bath and maybe a window . But I just want the extra room!
Cat. 10 cabins do have the split bath.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #932
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger2on
Getting my TA to change our 11BGTY to a 10CGTY. Decided with the 3 kids that i am going to need that little bit of extra footage... Maybe DCL will pixie dust me.... and upgrade us to a split bath and maybe a window . But I just want the extra room!
I'm pretty sure the 10's have the split bath! You''ll love that little bit of extra room. It's just the two of us, and we'll be quite happy in our sideways 11B. If we happen to get an upgrade, we'll be happy with that too. In fact, I'll just be happy to be cruising again, regardless of what kind of room I have!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #933
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
On the airfare note....JetBlue hasn't posted their fares out to May 17 yet, I figure around Oct based on prior scheduling. However - IcelandicAir has a AWESOME gig - one way, from Paris to JFK is 460 per person. One can decide to do a 7.5 hour layover in Iceland (that is what we are doing....going to visit that city for a few hours!) EasyJet hasn't posted their fare out that far either, but they are the lowest of the three carriers that go from Barcelona to Paris.
So glad you are going to take advantage of that stopover time!! We are excited for our time there on the way home.

For those still searching for airfare, you will want to look at IcelandAir's website directly to find the best deals. Some big travel websites don't show them as options, and others include a hefty markup. We found the exact same flights on other travel websites, including cheapoair, for over $100 more per person versus booking directly with the airline.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:07 AM   #934
Tubbsteruk
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger2on View Post
Hi Cayla... Who did you rent your car through to get it one way? I can't find anyone that will do it.
Thanks
Hi tigger2on,

We've got a one way rental from budget picking up at Dallas and dropping at Texas City. I think the only main rental place in Galveston is enterprise and they were quite expensive. Its only approx 13 miles and even with a cab back to Galveston it should work out a whole load cheaper. If a few people choose this option we could possibly share a cab back

Paul
Old 08-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #935
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Our plans are coming together nicely. We're staying 2 nights in Galveston and 3 nights in Barcelona, and those hotels have been reserved. Our one-way flights home from Barcelona using airline miles are on hold, and will be ticketed in a few days.

I checked rates at SuperShuttle from Houston Hobby to our Galveston hotel for their least expensive option - the ExecuCar Sedan Meet & Greet for up to 3 people @$110 plus $2 fuel surcharge. Then I called Enterprise to check prices for a one-way rental. A 2-day economy car from Houston Hobby with drop-off in Galveston is $120.99 with taxes, so I think we'll go that route. There is no drop-off fee - just the regular car rate plus taxes.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #936
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
Hi all.

Facebook ..however...I do! How do I get added to the group page?
Will someone invite me? Maria Francis?current profile pic is me as a baby faced five year old hugging a monkey ( don't ask!)
I just added you
Old 08-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #937
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Private Tasting Questionnaire

Hope this works - I have volunteered to put together a Private Tasting class while on our cruise. Would like to know what mostly people are interested in, so here is a link to a survey - please only fill out one survey, even though this link may be posted to more than one place (website, DIS, here, etc...)

If this doesn't work, I will delete this post and try again! Hahahah
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...V0M0E6MQ#gid=0
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
Old 08-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #938
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Master Calendar for Events?

A while back, someone suggested a master calendar for all of the Cruise Events we are planning so that we either don't overlap or can at least look to see what we'd like to do - has anyone decided to take this on? I don't know much about Google Calendars, but that seems to me the easiest way so that each can add the activities they've scheduled and look to see if there are overlapping ones?

Our Travels
Old 08-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #939
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
A while back, someone suggested a master calendar for all of the Cruise Events we are planning so that we either don't overlap or can at least look to see what we'd like to do - has anyone decided to take this on? I don't know much about Google Calendars, but that seems to me the easiest way so that each can add the activities they've scheduled and look to see if there are overlapping ones?
I think the webmaster for our cruise intends to keep a calendar on our website https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...lanticjourney/

We'll need to keep him uptodate on scheduled events. Val
Old 08-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #940
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
I think the webmaster for our cruise intends to keep a calendar on our website https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...lanticjourney/

We'll need to keep him uptodate on scheduled events. Val
Yeah, figured that out after I posted this - Oh, well.....duh!

I actually took a closer look and anyone can add events to the calendar, so maybe all of the people who plan on heading up activities can add them so we can see when what is and work out some sort of strategy for overlapping each other as little as possible. That way he won't have to update every single time..... - again, JMHO!

Beverly

Our Travels
Old 08-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #941
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the Holiday Inn port transfer info.

How exciting to be in London during the Olympics. The city looked at it's best. Your photos were great. Did you get to any of the stadium venues? We were in Atlanta during their Olympics and I know just being in the city was exciting.

How much you can expect to spend is really a hard thing to say. You can anticipate the tips but the rest depends on you. On our first DCL cruise our final statement was so big they couldn't slip it under our door, and that was only a 7 day cruise. But if you don't make optional purchaes, i.e. drinks, Palo, excursions, tastings, merchandise, bingo, snacks, it can be almost nothing (like your not going to buy anything)

We have used Disney Gift Cards (before the cruise and once on board), Disney Visa Rewards cards and we have put extra money on our account before the trip. They will take your money anyway you want to give it to them.

You mention buying art on board. In the past there has been a lot of grief posted about the companies DCL used as their art gallery contractor. So much that they have taken over running the gallery. I wanted to mention that we bought a piece during the Hawaii cruise silent action. We had it shipped to our home and it arrived in about 4 weeks. The only issue was when we followed the instructions we were given and called WDW Merchandise for shipping info they had no idea what we were taking about and even on the morning the art arrived, they had no record of our purchase, although we were given one of their receipts. The art appeared to be shipped directly from the ship, when it docked in Seattle after it's repositioning cruise from LA. It arrived safe and sound, well packaged, in a very reasonable time.
Thanks very much for the tips Valbob, I completely forgot about adding money to your onboard account before you cruise!

We didn't actually get any tickets for any of the events, although we tried so hard Was awesome to be in the city though, I love London so much anyway and it was just at its complete best.

Thanks for the info about the art too, I hope ours find its way home to the UK.....
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 08-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #942
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have been pretty busy planning a trip to New York and the DCL NY - Canada cruise and then a West Coast Pixar cruise.

Once we get back from our upcoming cruises I'll get serious about this cruise and post a poll on the interest in group shirts and the overall design. My questions would be:

Are you interested in a group shirt?

Do you prefer:
Smaller images all over versus one large image on the back?

Mickey head flags versus walking Mickey flags?

Color choice - cream, black, some other color?
We are definitely interested in the group shirt!

We personally prefer the one large image on the back and a white/cream colour so the images stand out. I liked both of the designs so happy to go with the majority.

If the image is on the back could we have a little something on the left hand side of the tee maybe with the dates and the official DCL logo?

Just an idea - thanks so much for all of your effort!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

Old 09-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #943
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Visited Amsterdam the past weekend - thought I would share the pics, especially for anyone who is considering visiting post cruise!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcol...7631325510552/

Enjoy

Old 09-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #944
shellbelle1971
7 young DIS-ers in our castle

Talking Just Booked!

We'll all be on the EBTA in 2013 except for my oldest DS (19, serving a Mormon mission in Chile for 2 years.)
Planning on spending a night in Barcelona, then 3 in Paris, then 4 in London post cruise. The kids are SO excited! The elementary-aged ones aren't worried about missing the last 2 weeks of school, and the Jr. High/High Schoolers are doing online this year, so they can finish their courses before we leave.
Any suggestions for my one unfortunate child (DS, 12 now, 13 on cruise) who is prone to seasickness?

supporting cast:

Ethan Charity Elijah Calvin Levi Naomi & Ivy
Old 09-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #945
krispykreme97
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbelle1971 View Post

We'll all be on the EBTA in 2013 except for my oldest DS (19, serving a Mormon mission in Chile for 2 years.)
Planning on spending a night in Barcelona, then 3 in Paris, then 4 in London post cruise. The kids are SO excited! The elementary-aged ones aren't worried about missing the last 2 weeks of school, and the Jr. High/High Schoolers are doing online this year, so they can finish their courses before we leave.
Any suggestions for my one unfortunate child (DS, 12 now, 13 on cruise) who is prone to seasickness?
Try the sea bands or the patch behind the ear. I heard ginger works as well and also comes in gum. I'm trying to plan an itinerary similar to yours only pre-cruise. Do you mind sharing your transportation plans from Barcelona to Paris to London?

Thanks
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: