Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #3151
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post
Don't think so cause I'm still getting waves of pain. Had CT and should know more tomorrow. I plan on being good as new by the time the cruise comes in 120 days.
I hope the scan brings good news. And we will celebrate post-stones in 120 days! Yay!

Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #3152
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
I hope the scan brings good news. And we will celebrate post-stones in 120 days! Yay!
Yay!

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #3153
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

Best wishes to all the poorly people.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #3154
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't think so cause I'm still getting waves of pain. Had CT and should know more tomorrow. I plan on being good as new by the time the cruise comes in 120 days.
Sending good vibes your way! Hubby had a kidney stint about a week before leaving for the wbta - so glad it happened when it did and not a week later. He can usually pass his stones but this one got stuck. I know from seeing him they are no bueno.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #3155
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvet View Post
Would it be an idea to have this also as an event on the website and on thread #2??
I believe we kept it on page one previously. If anyone wants to keep track and just add a listing of "who's renting who" to their new placeholder, I can link that placeholder post to Post #1. Just let me know!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #3156
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Best wishes to all the poorly people.
Ditto!! I read somewhere the flu vaccine in the US is only covering 62% of the strains this year. So much gunk going around.

Hubby had it in December (tested positive) but our youngest only had "flu like virus". Not positive for flu, strep, or rsv - and she was tested on a Sunday and a Wednesday when she got worse. Turns out whatever she did have had turned into pneumonia. We had four doctor visit copays in five days - and luckily the nurse just checked over our oldest one as a freebie.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #3157
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
You are so crafty! I hope you share your finished product with us.
I ended up ordering 5x7 Valentine's Day cards through shutterfly (and a couple coffee mugs). I had not used Shutterfly in forever! Need to see if I can save our finished product and put on my facebook page
Old 01-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #3158
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Nothing like vacation planning to take your mind off things...
I had my blood work done for my work physical last week and the doctor called me yesterday morning to tell me that I needed to see a doctor ASAP, my platelet count was extermely low and my WBC was low. So now I am waiting around thinking about it until I can call the doctor tomorrow and to top off the stress, my sister's court hearing about the kids is in on Wednesday. So I am distracting myself with vacation planning, Thanks for helping!

So has everyone booked hotels in Barcelona? I am looking at a hotel outside of town that is a Holiday Inn Express that sleeps 4 for only $65 a night and includes breafast. I know it won't have the European feel to it but every other hotel in Barcelona was super expensive and slept two. Plus everyone in my group (besides nieces) have done Europe before. We are looking at private tours that would drop off/pick up at that hotel and don't plan on hanging out in Barcelona late at night. Thoughts?? I know it is a far cry from the W hotel I stayed at last time in Barcelona......
With several of us (5) this time, we ended up booking an apartment for 3 nights (they usually require 3 nights for apartments). Apartment came out cheaper than hotels we were looking at, and we are on a budget. Are you there long enough to do something like that? Love our location - about a block from Casa Bastllo. Kinda like Woody said - pastry shops, tapas, etc - in the middle of it all just north of Placa Catalunya.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #3159
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday!! We had a great morning at church, got hubby off to work now, and I start work in about 25 minutes. Luckily I have some breaks between appointments and hope the girls take a lazy nap for me since I work in our front study.

If you see Lysand or BadBrad around - please remind them to check their PMs to do a placeholder. I've been trying to keep up with it here after I check the new thread every so often.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #3160
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I ended up ordering 5x7 Valentine's Day cards through shutterfly (and a couple coffee mugs). I had not used Shutterfly in forever! Need to see if I can save our finished product and put on my facebook page
We received a bunch of Christmas cards from folks that used them this past Christmas and I thought the quality looked great. I hope what you got passes the mustard!

ETA They have some special today for 100 prints free, I think.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #3161
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
If I am not too late, as I was in bed super early last night, please can I have one :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
y

Is there room for 2 more, pretty pleeeeeeeeease?
Quote:
Princess at Sea Tea Party

Would it be an idea to have this also as an event on the website and on thread #2??
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHugsForEeyore View Post
Are there any places left on this? If yes, I would like to come too please.

theres a princess inside all of us desperadte to get out

you all are offically godmothers

yvet you read my mind, was just waiting to see if there was interest
Old 01-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #3162
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Thank you - had it for four days now and feel terrible. Not so good when you can't blow your nose - it's the one thing I wish I could do! Lol

Not good when you are only 4 weeks into a new job either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Nothing like vacation planning to take your mind off things...
I had my blood work done for my work physical last week and the doctor called me yesterday morning to tell me that I needed to see a doctor ASAP, my platelet count was extermely low and my WBC was low. So now I am waiting around thinking about it until I can call the doctor tomorrow and to top off the stress, my sister's court hearing about the kids is in on Wednesday. So I am distracting myself with vacation planning, Thanks for helping!

Quote:
Had a similar thing happen a few weeks ago. Routine physical, liver functions came back very high (no alcohol or Tylenol) go get an ultrasound of my liver ASAP. Not a big drinker but sure wanted one cause they told me i couldn't have one. Did the the ultrasound got the call telling me to go to Urologist, while looking at liver saw kidney stones. Probably explains the pains I have been having.

Vacation planning has been very helpful these days!!
hugs to you all

i suffered with kidney stones during my last pregnancy 2 years ago and they couldnt do anything for me. worse pain EVER, given birth 4 times with no pain relief, kidney stones i was screaming out for pethidine!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #3163
Yvet
♫ She is a dancing queen ♪ One of the Netherpeople
Has quite a unique FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod

I was going to send you two PMs, but the boys went out with their grandparents and I want to double-check my answers with them first. I probably got many of them wrong haha. Will send a bit later. Thanks again for doing this!!!
Sure take your time...
Don't need you to hurry and give wrong answers (or you could give them up and put in your own prefferences).... ;-)

Upcomming Trip:
WDW: May 9th 2013
DCL: May 18th EBTA

Previous Trips:
ABD: 2011 (Backstage Magic)
DCL: 2008 (Western) - 2009 (PCC1.0) - 2010 (EBTA, MED, PCC2.0) - 2012 (PCC3.0, PCC4.0)
DL, 2000 - 2006 - 2011.
DLRP, 1995 - 1996 - 2002 - 2003 - 2007 - 2008 - 2011 - 2012.
WDW, 1999 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 (april/may + dec) - 2009 (april/may + dec) - 2010 (april/may + dec) - 2011 (april/may + dec) - 2012 (June + Dec).

Last edited by Yvet; 01-27-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #3164
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sure take your time...
Don't need you to hurry and give wrong answers (or you could give them up and put in your own prefferences).... ;-)

Yvet would you care to organise the Until we meet again lunch, to use as the secret mickey reveal?!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #3165
dee slack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
theres a princess inside all of us desperadte to get out

you all are offically godmothers

yvet you read my mind, was just waiting to see if there was interest
sooooo excited already!

Disney Vow Renewal Wedding Pavilion Dec 13th 2007
Visited EVERY Disney park on the planet!!

Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer & Canada 05/02 *Florida 12/02*tour of Italy 05/03 *Kenya safari 12/03 *US S'west states 05/04 *Dubai 12/04 *China & HK 05/05 *Barbados & Royal Clipper 12/05 *Sth Africa, Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 05/06 *India 12/ 06 *Iceland 05/07 *Florida 12/07 (VR) & 10/10* Baltic Cruise 05/11*Tanzania safari 12/11 * tour of Turkey 05/12* Japan tour & TDR 10/12* DCL EBTA 5/13 * HKDL, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand & Singapore 04/14 * Norway 5/14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: