Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #3031
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Basically rolling three dice and trying to get all three to be the same number that is your goal for that round (all 3's.. etc). There's points. Winners/losers move after each round (when the head table hits 21 points)

In other words, a game that takes no skill, you can play it and socialize, munch and mingle, and have beverages. We laughed so hard last night I about peed my pants.

Could be a problem

We do it once a month, and it is our neighborhood group. About the only time some of us get to see each other, yet we live just a street or two apart. Just a chance for girls - no husbands or kids - and we can all walk home for those who have too much to drink.
If you get a group together I would love to play. DD (Emily, 23) would like to play as long as she is not the only young person. She didn't say that but I could see it in her eyes

I can bring dice (red, black, white), 'round tally sheets', 'master score sheet', bell (?), anything else?

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
Old 01-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #3032
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post
If you get a group together I would love to play. DD (Emily, 23) would like to play as long as she is not the only young person. She didn't say that but I could see it in her eyes

I can bring dice (red, black, white), 'round tally sheets', 'master score sheet', bell (?), anything else?
Sounds great! Can add a Bunco group as an event
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #3033
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:

I have not seen any hesitation voiced regarding setting up Part Two early. . .

I will set one up at about 2:00 Galveston time today (Saturday), and PM all event organizers the new link. Are there any objections?

That allows the weekend for organizers as suggested. If no objections, I will also post on Facebook . . .
Excellent plan. Businesses and governments should be run as efficiently.

Woody
Old 01-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #3034
ThePedersonFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Wow!! That sounds great, count me in!! I have sparkly Minnie ears we use for the current "bunco queen" to wear! (we use a tiara and whoever rolls a bunco gets to wear the tiara until someone different rolls a bunco and then it is passed along)
Old 01-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #3035
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Yeah no complaints here, lets get started.

😃

Quote:
I have not seen any hesitation voiced regarding setting up Part Two early. In fact, one of the Panama Canal cruises set their's up after 120 pages so they could have all pertinent info kept by organizers on page one. We are going to have to set one up anyway at 250 pages.

I will set one up at about 2:00 Galveston time today (Saturday), and PM all event organizers the new link. Are there any objections?

That allows the weekend for organizers as suggested. If no objections, I will also post on Facebook an advance warning for organizers not regularly on DIS (so they also have a heads-up).

Event organizers at that time will each just repond with a very quick PLACEHOLDER as a reply. That will hold their spot on page one. I believe we can have only 15 posts per page, but it does not matter how long the post is -- just 15 posts. So for now you can write "PLACEHOLDER" and then go back and edit as necessary after you have that slot secured. The important thing is to snag your spot first, and then you can go back later and edit. If you are coordinating multiple events (such as lanyards, precruise meet, group hotel, toddler play group, and embarkation meet and greet) then that can all go into one post to ensure as we can only have 15 posts total.

See example here as I will follow this format. (Even my original post will just have DO NOT WRITE ON HERE YET!! Except for Organizers doing placeholders" in super huge bright red. Just in case someone stumbles across it - which we did have happen before.

When our new Part Two thread is ready, I will then:
- post link to this Part One
- in huge letters ask people to not post here anymore
- ask moderator to close Part One (no more edits could be made)
- ask moderator to add to list of cruise meets

The moderator is already aware we are nearing the 250 pages and the desire of many to include pertinent info on page one.

We will work with Chris to do any website link updates like the posts I shared yesterday. He is playing around in London again this weekend (something he keeps trying to pass off as "work" ) so do not expect any updates on his end until next weekend. ( You know I'm just kidding with you right? We you!!)

Any thoughts or concerns?

Benefits:
- places all updated information on page one of DIS with ability to edit
- ability to link specific posts to website as well for those who use website
- helps rally new cruisers as they join - all current info on one page
- efficiency of finding most info updated on one page, with all organizers already knowing how to edit a post on DIS
- the new thread gives us a fresh start at 250 pages to last us 112 days until embarkation (or we can start Part Three if needed)

Cons:
- ?
Old 01-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #3036
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For new title of thread, did we decide on a name as a group previously?

Original Thread:
May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Part Two Thread:
May 18, 2013 Part Two - _______________
The general consensus appeared to be the one with tejas to espana was it not??
Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #3037
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post

If MandyGirl is up for starting a new thread, I'm all for that . Perhaps she can get it up and running, then we can put the link in the final post here and have a mod close this thread (unless ValBob happens to be around and able to do it).

Mandy and Sarah (binkytel) seem to be right on top of things. I would appreciate their help with the new thread
Old 01-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #3038
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin

So let's make it an "official" event! I have never played before but my mom is so into it so we will try it out with her. This Emily still sees herself as a 23 year old, does that count? My 26 year old sister will be there. Any chance you want to take on organizing this?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #3039
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
So let's make it an "official" event! I have never played before but my mom is so into it so we will try it out with her. This Emily still sees herself as a 23 year old, does that count? My 26 year old sister will be there. Any chance you want to take on organizing this?
Sure, but I must remind you I am a Bunco virgin. I have the game but have never played!

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
Old 01-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #3040
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sure, but I must remind you I am a Bunco virgin. I have the game but have never played!
Just keep a list of who is signing up on your "organizer" post
Pick a date, time, and location - and bring those items you mentioned
If we end up with 12 players, we only need 3 tables of four - so definitely easy to do it in various locations onboard (and even have a backup location in case there's an event going on on the location you set up). We just crash whatever location you determine

I am working on Post #1 now of new thread and put you down, will also included you after 2:00 Galveston time today in the PM going out
Old 01-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #3041
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Awesome!!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #3042
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboekhoff View Post
Mandy and Sarah (binkytel) seem to be right on top of things. I would appreciate their help with the new thread
Will do it in a few hours Hubby's "Monday" at work is today and today is my day off - so can work on it while youngest is napping
Old 01-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #3043
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

Never heard of bunco, but sounds great fun!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #3044
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
The general consensus appeared to be the one with tejas to espana was it not??
I think that is what the majority of those who replied shared.

Original Thread:
May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Part Two Thread:
May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to Espana
Old 01-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #3045
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Never heard of bunco, but sounds great fun!
It is!! I never really played until last Spring - definitely fun and a great way to mingle. You swap tables after every round so constantly getting to rotate who you sit with briefly to chit chat

I needed a "fun day" after state testing one year while teaching, but it had to be educational in some way, so we worked on our math skills with Bunco
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: