Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #3016
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Hey All-
I have been looking into private excursions and I have posted some of the info I gathered on the website.

Happy Planning
Awesome - thank you!!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:06 AM   #3017
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner

You are making it very hard for me to work! Tonight is girl's night at work and I am sitting next to one very full bottle of grey groose! Must make it through work and spin class before I open it..

The last Friday of every month, my boss flys in and the four females who work in our group go out to lunch, workout, go to dinner, drink and then have a sleepver! We work with to many guys and just need our girl time. Sadly, 3 out of the 4 of us are married with the last one engaged and the boss pregnant so I have a feeling the tradition is slowly dying....
That sounds so cool! Wish I worked somewhere like that
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #3018
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner
Hey All-
I have been looking into private excursions and I have posted some of the info I gathered on the website.

Happy Planning
Thanks very much for doing that - will head over there to take a look
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

Old 01-26-2013, 02:14 AM   #3019
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

At some point today I will update the website with details of the pin trading so when the new thread is ready to go I can put my placeholder on there. The lovely Ladyshopper has very kindly offered to help out organising it with me - thank you

With regards to the new thread, I'm very happy for it to be started now - would it be best to do it now, this weekend, as even with all of the time differences, a lot more people should be around, those of us who work office hours that is....i.e if it was Mandygirl to start it at 2pm her time, I could be ready on my laptop at 7/8pm my time ready to grab my place.

I've just noticed the same as a PP as well (so sorry I can't remember who it was) all posts don't show up on the iPhone app!! I saw somebody quote something yesterday and I hadn't seen that at all on my phone! Like others that's where I check this thread all the time when I on my lunch break, travelling to work etc etc. So if I have ever ignored anyone I am so sorry!

Also, I would love to organise the personal navigator as I think that would be a super awesome thing to keep as a memory but I am literally rubbish at creative stuff like that. Even if it was just printing it out and putting pretty Disney graphics on it, art and creative stuff just repel against me. So anything homemade in your FE will have never come from me!

Old 01-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #3020
nitrame
Earning My Ears

Ok just pointing this out.

3020 posts/ 70 subscribed = 43 posts per person rofl:
Old 01-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #3021
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrame View Post
Ok just pointing this out.

3020 posts/ 70 subscribed = 43 posts per person rofl:
You should see our WBTA thread from 2011... I think we got into 6 threads of 250 pages each before we set sail....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2781817

No telling how many total posts there were there! And yes, we also had our Facebook group as well.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #3022
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post

With regards to the new thread, I'm very happy for it to be started now - would it be best to do it now, this weekend, as even with all of the time differences, a lot more people should be around, those of us who work office hours that is....i.e if it was Mandygirl to start it at 2pm her time, I could be ready on my laptop at 7/8pm my time ready to grab my place.
I have not seen any hesitation voiced regarding setting up Part Two early. In fact, one of the Panama Canal cruises set their's up after 120 pages so they could have all pertinent info kept by organizers on page one. We are going to have to set one up anyway at 250 pages.

I will set one up at about 2:00 Galveston time today (Saturday), and PM all event organizers the new link. Are there any objections?

That allows the weekend for organizers as suggested. If no objections, I will also post on Facebook an advance warning for organizers not regularly on DIS (so they also have a heads-up).

Event organizers at that time will each just repond with a very quick PLACEHOLDER as a reply. That will hold their spot on page one. I believe we can have only 15 posts per page, but it does not matter how long the post is -- just 15 posts. So for now you can write "PLACEHOLDER" and then go back and edit as necessary after you have that slot secured. The important thing is to snag your spot first, and then you can go back later and edit. If you are coordinating multiple events (such as lanyards, precruise meet, group hotel, toddler play group, and embarkation meet and greet) then that can all go into one post to ensure as we can only have 15 posts total.

See example here as I will follow this format. (Even my original post will just have DO NOT WRITE ON HERE YET!! Except for Organizers doing placeholders" in super huge bright red. Just in case someone stumbles across it - which we did have happen before.

When our new Part Two thread is ready, I will then:
- post link to this Part One
- in huge letters ask people to not post here anymore
- ask moderator to close Part One (no more edits could be made)
- ask moderator to add to list of cruise meets

The moderator is already aware we are nearing the 250 pages and the desire of many to include pertinent info on page one.

We will work with Chris to do any website link updates like the posts I shared yesterday. He is playing around in London again this weekend (something he keeps trying to pass off as "work" ) so do not expect any updates on his end until next weekend. ( You know I'm just kidding with you right? We you!!)

Any thoughts or concerns?

Benefits:
- places all updated information on page one of DIS with ability to edit
- ability to link specific posts to website as well for those who use website
- helps rally new cruisers as they join - all current info on one page
- efficiency of finding most info updated on one page, with all organizers already knowing how to edit a post on DIS
- the new thread gives us a fresh start at 250 pages to last us 112 days until embarkation (or we can start Part Three if needed)

Cons:
- ?
Old 01-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #3023
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

For new title of thread, did we decide on a name as a group previously?

Original Thread:
May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Part Two Thread:
May 18, 2013 Part Two - _______________
Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #3024
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Hey Folks. I'm with others that the new thread should get started soon. We're going to run out on this thread in about 8 days (or less) by the rate at which we're flying now.

For my vote, I think MandyGirl's (and others') suggestion seems great. Everything gathered on Post one with organizers' events right after.

The website's great, in my mind, for gathering extra stuff up and storing files that everyone can share, but I think Dis should be the main location. And, as I have been trying to do, will keep updating the website with the interesting things we post throughout the thread. MandyGirl did a great job of discussing some of the ways we can cross reference stuff between the Dis and the Website.

Someone commented on trying to use the Calendar on the website more. I just had a quick look. It does appear that I can add other editors. But they would need a Google account and not all organizers do. Also, I've been pondering how useful this calendar could be. As I see it, timezones are too much of a problem for activities at particular times. It gets confusing between your computer/phone timezone, calendar time zone, and the fact we'll be constantly moving with unpredictable time-zone shifts. I suppose we could do everything in GMT, but I'm sure my brain would go on strike trying to do time-zone math while on vacation. Mind you, I'm used to dealing with a 1/2 hr timezone.

I think a Navigator's a great idea honestly as the format allows us to do so much more than a calendar. I might not mind putting it together as it's sort of just a repeat of the website. But I cannot commit to it at this time. I'm going to be ultra busy for the next month at least. I probably won't know until almost March whether I'd have time.

And, on the busy note, I'll likely be out of touch for about a week. Another emergency work trip so please forgive any slow responses I give. But please do send them. They'll just queue up. I can't wait until I can get wireless on the airplane...
Old 01-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #3025
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

In case it wasn't obvious, I'm not slow, I was composing while MandyGirl posted those previous couple posts or I would have worded things a little differently

MandyGirl, I'd like to insert a witty reply to your comments about my travel but since I've got to get to the airport in 3 hours but still have to grocery shop for the family, pack, and get some work done, I'll have to ask for a raincheck on inserting an appropriately witty reply.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #3026
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Good morning, everyone!

I'm excited that you all are so together and getting this together. It will be fantastic to have all the info on page one And Mandy's plan of attack sounds excellent to me. I can't see any downsides to closing this thread and starting a new one.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #3027
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
In case it wasn't obvious, I'm not slow, I was composing while MandyGirl posted those previous couple posts or I would have worded things a little differently

MandyGirl, I'd like to insert a witty reply to your comments about my travel but since I've got to get to the airport in 3 hours but still have to grocery shop for the family, pack, and get some work done, I'll have to ask for a raincheck on inserting an appropriately witty reply.

Nice use of the smilie.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #3028
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Folks. I'm with others that the new thread should get started soon. We're going to run out on this thread in about 8 days (or less) by the rate at which we're flying now.

For my vote, I think MandyGirl's (and others') suggestion seems great. Everything gathered on Post one with organizers' events right after.

The website's great, in my mind, for gathering extra stuff up and storing files that everyone can share, but I think Dis should be the main location. And, as I have been trying to do, will keep updating the website with the interesting things we post throughout the thread. MandyGirl did a great job of discussing some of the ways we can cross reference stuff between the Dis and the Website.

Someone commented on trying to use the Calendar on the website more. I just had a quick look. It does appear that I can add other editors. But they would need a Google account and not all organizers do. Also, I've been pondering how useful this calendar could be. As I see it, timezones are too much of a problem for activities at particular times. It gets confusing between your computer/phone timezone, calendar time zone, and the fact we'll be constantly moving with unpredictable time-zone shifts. I suppose we could do everything in GMT, but I'm sure my brain would go on strike trying to do time-zone math while on vacation. Mind you, I'm used to dealing with a 1/2 hr timezone.

I think a Navigator's a great idea honestly as the format allows us to do so much more than a calendar. I might not mind putting it together as it's sort of just a repeat of the website. But I cannot commit to it at this time. I'm going to be ultra busy for the next month at least. I probably won't know until almost March whether I'd have time.

And, on the busy note, I'll likely be out of touch for about a week. Another emergency work trip so please forgive any slow responses I give. But please do send them. They'll just queue up. I can't wait until I can get wireless on the airplane...
Thanks for your reply.

Once we get the new thread set up, I can probably take on the personal navigator unless someone else wants to.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #3029
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post

Nice use of the smilie.
hehehehe
Old 01-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #3030
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So in a nutshell you are suggesting to get the new thread going as it's a win-win.

And what? No planes with wifi? Getting onboard those with wifi spoil me now!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: