Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #3001
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

My keychain is a FE gift I received on our last cruise Seeing it each day reminds me of it!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #3002
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Yes- the search feature can be quirky or you have a term but come up with too many posts to fish through. I hear ya! Unlike facebook where all answers to a question are in a "thread".

We'd need to set up Part Two thread first, get organizers to do placeholder, then add link to this thread. At that point we can then ask a mod to close Part One thread. We would usually have the new thread set up within 24 hours (taking into account timezone differences) but would need all organizers onboard and ready to go so we get the placeholders marked. Can go back and add specific event info later to placeholder - just want them to have their own "parking spot" on page one - one per person.
I like your proposed set up. You could give the organizers of activities 24 hrs to make their place holder post.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #3003
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
We'd need to set up Part Two thread first, get organizers to do placeholder, then add link to this thread. At that point we can then ask a mod to close Part One thread. We would usually have the new thread set up within 24 hours (taking into account timezone differences) but would need all organizers onboard and ready to go so we get the placeholders marked. Can go back and add specific event info later to placeholder - just want them to have their own "parking spot" on page one - one per person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
I like your proposed set up. You could give the organizers of activities 24 hrs to make their place holder post.
Yes, please also let us know on the FB thread as I don't get on here every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Going from website we have the following organisers listed:

Personal navigator no organizer

any volunteers to take on other activities???
Might I suggest utilizing the website's calendar? If GoofieNewfie would give us all access to the calendar, we could put the events we're in charge of on the calendar, that way we wouldn't have to worry about this one!

Cheers all and just my two cents!
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #3004
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
I see a pre-dinner cocktail hour in the Promenade lounge developing!! Me and my girls love that lounge before dinner because they always have live music and it's near the dining rooms.
This is our fav bar due to the music - got to know the group in there and they've been there multiple times - hoping they will be back on this cruise....and they are AWESOME with the kids and others there.

Our Travels
Old 01-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #3005
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Cranberry, Pineapple, Malibu. Prefer it to be "half Malibu, half fruit juices" and hope I get a friendly bartender.
Ask for a High Tide - 1/4 cranberry, 1/4 pineapple, 1/4 malibu, 1/4 amaretto - good stuff!

Our Travels
Old 01-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #3006
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
Ask for a High Tide - 1/4 cranberry, 1/4 pineapple, 1/4 malibu, 1/4 amaretto - good stuff!
That sounds yummy!!
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014

Old 01-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #3007
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Will do!! Thank you!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #3008
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are making it very hard for me to work! Tonight is girl's night at work and I am sitting next to one very full bottle of grey groose! Must make it through work and spin class before I open it..

The last Friday of every month, my boss flys in and the four females who work in our group go out to lunch, workout, go to dinner, drink and then have a sleepver! We work with to many guys and just need our girl time. Sadly, 3 out of the 4 of us are married with the last one engaged and the boss pregnant so I have a feeling the tradition is slowly dying....
Old 01-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #3009
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Might I suggest utilizing the website's calendar? If GoofieNewfie would give us all access to the calendar, we could put the events we're in charge of on the calendar, that way wwouldn't have to worry about thisone!

Cheers all and just my two cents!
I don't understand what's to worry about , that's most events filled up with an organiser now plus goofynewfie has already provided a link on website. It's only just to have it here in black and white too, so those that don't utilise website for whatever reason can have easy access to see whose organising what. 👍

Just trying to help others, I know whose organising the activities 😉
Old 01-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #3010
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Private Excursions

Hey All-
I have been looking into private excursions and I have posted some of the info I gathered on the website.

Happy Planning
Old 01-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #3011
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
I don't understand what's to worry about , that's most events filled up with an organiser now plus goofynewfie has already provided a link on website. It's only just to have it here in black and white too, so those that don't utilise website for whatever reason can have easy access to see whose organising what. 👍

Just trying to help others, I know whose organising the activities 😉
Hmmmm...for some reason your post about not having anyone to do the Personal Navigator didn't show in your quote - and I didn't preview before posting - that was the one "event organizer" I was referring to - LOL! Sorry for the confusion!

Our Travels
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #3012
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmmm...for some reason your post about not having anyone to do the Personal Navigator didn't show in your quote - and I didn't preview before posting - that was the one "event organizer" I was referring to - LOL! Sorry for the confusion!

Ahhhh I get ya now lol.
That sounds like a good plan, the navigator does look like a lot of work, looking at others from previous cruisers !!

Took me a while sorry.
Finished my nightshifts on Wednesday an I'm still not caught up, 4.30am over here right now and I've still not slept, man my body clocks all over, I so can't wait for 2 weeks of being rocked to sleep 🚢
Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #3013
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Hey All-
I have been looking into private excursions and I have posted some of the info I gathered on the website.

Happy Planning
Thank you will hop over and take a look 👀
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #3014
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, please also let us know on the FB thread as I don't get on here every day!
I hear ya! I'm completely a Facebook person and only get on DIS because of this cruise. Will be sure to post in both places when that happens.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #3015
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ahhhh I get ya now lol.
That sounds like a good plan, the navigator does look like a lot of work, looking at others from previous cruisers !!
Ditto!

Quote:
Took me a while sorry.
Finished my nightshifts on Wednesday an I'm still not caught up, 4.30am over here right now and I've still not slept, man my body clocks all over, I so can't wait for 2 weeks of being rocked to sleep 🚢
I don't see how you do it... working nights, timezone differences.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: