Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #2986
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Here's the other thing that works well with how the website is set up:

Chris has hyperlinked a specific post to the webpage, so an organizer can have "their post" buried on any page of the thread, and update as needed. When that is updated, it is also updated on the website without him having to do anything.

Example: https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...galveston-area

The organizer who made that post can actually click on that DIS post and edit as necessary. Once updated, it shows on the website real time.

The only negative... once we hit 250 pages and this thread is shut down, updates will not be able to be made so the organizer just has to recopy the info onto a new post of new thread, then send Chris the link so he can update the hyperlink within the website.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #2987
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Here's the other thing that works well with how the website is set up:

Chris has hyperlinked a specific post to the webpage, so an organizer can have "their post" buried on any page of the thread, and update as needed. When that is updated, it is also updated on the website without him having to do anything.

Example: https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...galveston-area

The organizer who made that post can actually click on that DIS post and edit as necessary. Once updated, it shows on the website real time.

The only negative... once we hit 250 pages and this thread is shut down, updates will not be able to be made so the organizer just has to recopy the info onto a new post of new thread, then send Chris the link so he can update the hyperlink within the website.
That is so cool!
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #2988
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Here's another good example of how we can tie in posts from DIS to website for organizers to make updates:

https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...up-palo-brunch

So KaseyC can update new Palo group brunches by going back to her original post... but then it is up to people to go to the website to see updates.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #2989
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
That is so cool!
I did an edit just to show that something can be edited. See the bottom of it and you see I did that about 20 minutes ago

Even just having a list on page one of the events like we used to have with would be helpful for some I think.

Something like this - a straightforward list of events might bring more awareness:

Onboard Events
All aboard meet and greet
Book Exchange
Candy Swap
Champagne Girls
FE Exchange
Mickey Mouse Club Night
Palo Group Brunch
Pin Trading
PJ Breakfast
Postcard exchange
Private Tasting
Pub Crawl
Room Tour
Running Club
Scavenger Hunt
Scrap booking
Secret Mickey
Toddler Meet and Greet
Until We Meet Again Lunch
Villain's Night

Speaking of... I was glancing through them -- is the Secret Mickey Reveal going to be intertwined into the Until We Meet Again Lunch? That might be an update we can do for the Lunch if so.

Plus there are other links. Has anyone asked recently "what is a good way to go from IAH to Galveston" or "What are some pictures we can use to make things?" Both are already links on the webpage (not onboard events listed above, but are listed with info) Very comprehensive, but for some reason not being utilized to it's maximum
Old 01-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #2990
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

I like the idea of the events being listed on page 1 as well. I'm looking at Disboards from my phone the majority of the time and rarely check the website (no offense).

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
Old 01-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #2991
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
I like the idea of the events being listed on page 1 as well. I'm looking at Disboards from my phone the majority of the time and rarely check the website (no offense).
When starting the new Part Two, if we keep everything on page one for each organizer, then Chris can embed the new hyperlink of new thread post to correct page on website (like those two examples I posted). Then those who prefer the website are happy, and those who prefer page one are happy. Hopefully a Win Win situation.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #2992
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Running Club

Hi All,

If you are interested in the Running Club, could you please PM me the following information:

Name:
Walker or Runner:
Average pace:
Goal (half, full or ultra):
If you plan on doing the CC5k:
email address:

I plan on emailing the logs to everyone ahead of time so I don't have to bring them for everyone, I will bring extras just in case. I will also plan on bringing a certifcate for your goal and hopefully you will meet it!

I will also post this info on the website.

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #2993
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Hi All,

If you are interested in the Running Club, could you please PM me the following information:

Name:
Walker or Runner:
Average pace:
email address:

I plan on emailing the logs to everyone ahead of time so I don't have to bring them for everyone, I will bring extras just in case. I will also plan on bringing a certifcate for your goal and hopefully you will meet it!

Thanks!
I'm a running commitment-phobe (I'm a swimmer/water polo player -- do not do well on land!), but I might decide to join y'all! Still a little gun-shy...

Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #2994
Cabinfever2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePedersonFamily

That would be fun!! It takes a minimum of 12 people, wonder if we could get enough to play!?
I just saw you are from OK, what part? We are currently living on Fort Sill!!
We are in Norman. Just South of OKC. My hubby grew up here, and they have a family business here.
I've stayed all over Oklahoma! My Dad used to be stationed in Ft. Sill. Have you been to Anadarko yet?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #2995
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
That must be the reason I don't look either lol , mostly on the move on my phone too when checking in
Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #2996
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When starting the new Part Two, if we keep everything on page one for each organizer, then Chris can embed the new hyperlink of new thread post to correct page on website (like those two examples I posted). Then those who prefer the website are happy, and those who prefer page one are happy. Hopefully a Win Win situation.

Sorted 👌
Old 01-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #2997
Cabinfever2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse

Can't say there are really any rules....some do a gift for the cabin, some do individual gifts, and there is no $$ limit or lack thereof.....

I know our number one rule is always to have fun and enjoy the spirit of giving. Sadly, we won't be participating in this FE as we'll be doing three more weeks of traveling after the cruise, and I know the kids will miss it.....Lol
Ok, thanks!
I am trying to get ideas. It sounds a lot like reverse trick-or-treating.
I was thinking of theming gifts around a special night, like pirates. Did your family ever have a fave gift?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #2998
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Very much win-win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Hi All,

Name:
Walker or Runner:
Average pace:
email address:

Thanks!
Will do
Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #2999
Cabinfever2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie

I had collected some FE information on the website at https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...er-information.

You might be able to find some ideas there. If anyone has any more links I can add, please add them here and I'll gather them up.
Thanks.
I am following 95% of this from my iPhone and it does not list everything as I am finding out.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #3000
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinfever2013 View Post
Ok, thanks!
I am trying to get ideas. It sounds a lot like reverse trick-or-treating.
I was thinking of theming gifts around a special night, like pirates. Did your family ever have a fave gift?
From our most recent FE cruise, our favorite gifts were:
Lucie (age 6): Disney Pins to trade
Luke (age 9): A water gernade ball and a small football, his friends and him played catch with it in the pool for hours everyday! Also liked pins to trade
Me: a custom cruise shotglass with a mini
Hubby: A recipe book with all the cruise and WDW recipes
Corinne: not sure?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: