Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #2941
Kirbo
Whovian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
Agility is lots of fun. My wife loved it and misses it since we had to let Chloe retire. It teaches dogs all sorts of great things. Chloe knows sign language if she ever goes deaf, for example.

As requested, here's Windy Meadows Rhodora Chloe running her first and only 1st place.

She looks magnificent!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #2942
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Thanks for the well wishes. I am fine, was a very minor op. Just tired, got about 3 hours sleep in the hospital, so am glad to be home. Been in my pyjamas since around 2pm!

Are most people taking their own alcohol onboard? I am hoping to pick some up on the Friday night after our flight - from looking at google maps there seems to be a large Walmart near the hotel we are staying in, so will do that, get some dinner, then collapse into bed exhausted!
PJ Day!!! Awesome!

I always bring my own. Easier and I am always guaranteed the drink I like. I buy the liter bottles of Stoli Vanil, then bring my own cup and use the Diet Coke from the fountain. Tastes like cream soda!

Of course, I still do buy cocktails at dinner and in Wavebands/Diversions. No, I don't have a drinking problem. I just *sound* like a lush. HAHAHA.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #2943
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

I had to chuckle when starting to catch up here...

Had our first trip to our new Trader Joe's in our area.

And then afterwards to Costco. They had one of the "rotating vendors" set up near the milk dept that was sampling "frozen concoctions". It was three bags for just under $18 and even without the alcohol, the ones I sampled tasted good.

Just now took out the bags to google it: http://www.ltblender.com/

And on the back of the bag:

"Imported from Galveston Island, TX" LOL!!!!

These look very simple to buy your bottle of tequila, rum, Malibu, etc -- mix in your cabin, and store in your fridge. I asked how many servings, and was told 16 servings.... but that's 4 ounces. So I figured really 8 servings if I am realistic.

Might be an option for those not ashamed to have a stash of fruity drinks in your cabin. The screw top cap looks to be sturdy as well. Looking at their website they seem to be $7.99 each and we paid under $6 each at Costco. Plus, they can be packed in my luggage - just bring the alcohol on separately in carryon.

Hubby was with me, he thought three was enough. They leave my Costco on Sunday so I might be making a sneaky trip back....
Old 01-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #2944
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Love a good Bloody Mary! Don't worry I'll bring my own straw and tabasco so we can share!!

My new best friend!!

I see a pre-dinner cocktail hour in the Promenade lounge developing!! Me and my girls love that lounge before dinner because they always have live music and it's near the dining rooms.
Vodka drinkers, UNITE! I wish they had Absolut Peppar on board. That makes the best Bloody Mary...

Old 01-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #2945
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
I'll be drinking Virgin Marys with you. Or as my grandmother called them, Bloody Shames
I love that...Bloody Shames!

I know I must sound like a lush but really I'm not!! I just like a little nip now and then.

Kirbo, my DH doesn't drink either. I always tell everyone that I married my designated driver.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013

Old 01-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #2946
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kirbo, my DH doesn't drink either. I always tell everyone that I married my designated driver.
Mine very rarely does either. Two is about my limit.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #2947
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Vodka drinkers, UNITE! I wish they had Absolut Peppar on board. That makes the best Bloody Mary...
Believe it or not one of the BEST Bloody Marys I've ever had was at the Animal Kingdom Rainforest Cafe during brunch. It had some kind of cajun spices and home made potato chips as the garnish on top. It was a drink and an appetizer!
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013

Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #2948
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
Agility is lots of fun. My wife loved it and misses it since we had to let Chloe retire. It teaches dogs all sorts of great things. Chloe knows sign language if she ever goes deaf, for example.

As requested, here's Windy Meadows Rhodora Chloe running her first and only 1st place.

Beautiful!!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #2949
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post

couldnt see you cancelling this trip
Yep! And I think they knew we were taking it either way. I just said unexcused absences, withdraw her so I can homeschool, whatever. I knew the law that she's not even required to attend kindergarten in our state because of her date of birth. The big question is being able to return into that program, which I foresee no issues with academically on that test. But because we DID start kindergarten, we are supposed to have "regular attendance".
Old 01-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #2950
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
So what's everyone's favorite drink to make on the ship?
Cranberry, Pineapple, Malibu. Prefer it to be "half Malibu, half fruit juices" and hope I get a friendly bartender.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #2951
Kirbo
Whovian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
PJ Day!!! Awesome!

I always bring my own. Easier and I am always guaranteed the drink I like. I buy the liter bottles of Stoli Vanil, then bring my own cup and use the Diet Coke from the fountain. Tastes like cream soda!

Of course, I still do buy cocktails at dinner and in Wavebands/Diversions. No, I don't have a drinking problem. I just *sound* like a lush. HAHAHA.

Just because I don't drink, don't worry about me thinking anything of any of you drinking
Old 01-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #2952
Kirbo
Whovian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
And then afterwards to Costco.
Costco is my happy place. We always joke that we got the girls there in a super-pack

I budget an enormous amount each month for Costco . But it's an hour away, so I can only go once a month . I can happily spend two hours there.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #2953
Kirbo
Whovian

Quote:
I love that...Bloody Shames!

I know I must sound like a lush but really I'm not!! I just like a little nip now and then.

Much more useful than prince charming!

My DH doesn't drink either. We're so boring now
Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #2954
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

For those playing around with graphics, remember we have our DISigner forum here with folks more than happy to help create unique designs for you! Some also have blanks you can personalize or they can. There are literally zillions of beautiful designs out there! (okay, maybe not zillions, but you get the idea)

Here's the "Meet the DISigner" thread of various folks along with their shareware sites:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2430332
Old 01-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #2955
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Here is an example of making a request and someone filling it on that thread (each DISigner has a certain way they like requests, so look at their thread):

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2176
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: