Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #2881
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl
I talked to the registrar at school for our kindergartener. Because she is in a special program (dual language) she will just have to take her test to requalify for the program before we are gone. (We have to bus her to a different campus to be in this program - she should be completely bilingual by 6th grade in reading, writing and speaking so that is why she has to re-test into the program each year.)

Up to the principal if we have to withdraw/re-enroll this summer... or just take unexcused absences. Her reply: "I want to go with you!!!! I’m thrilled for you guys….what a wonderful educational experience for all."

I think that's a positive sign So I am not worried however it turns out.
That's awesome! And how cool she is going to be bi-lingual. I wish I had taken my languages further from school. With my current job, I would love to learn French, Italian and Spanish at least. Courses are so expensive though, but something I feel would pay off in the teams of yearly salary in the long run.
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #2882
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I talked to the registrar at school for our kindergartener. Because she is in a special program (dual language) she will just have to take her test to requalify for the program before we are gone. (We have to bus her to a different campus to be in this program - she should be completely bilingual by 6th grade in reading, writing and speaking so that is why she has to re-test into the program each year.)

Up to the principal if we have to withdraw/re-enroll this summer... or just take unexcused absences. Her reply: "I want to go with you!!!! I’m thrilled for you guys….what a wonderful educational experience for all."

I think that's a positive sign So I am not worried however it turns out.

Yay!
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 AM   #2883
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinfever2013 View Post
Can someone explain FE rules/pricing to me? I am heading to an awesome show in Tucson in a week and would like to gift shop there. Just a rough idea of things done in the past would be most appreciated. This is my first go at it.
I had collected some FE information on the website at https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...er-information.

You might be able to find some ideas there. If anyone has any more links I can add, please add them here and I'll gather them up.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #2884
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

Phew, all caught up! Only missed one day as had surgery yesterday, you guys can talk!

Anyway, thats my bladder surgery all out the way for the time being. Got a consultant appointment for my neck on 14th Feb, so that will be the next round of all things medical I think!

Can I ask, are any teenagers going to the pyjama breakfast on the first day? I put just myself down, but now DS15 is saying he would quite like to go, and DD14 said she'd go if there were other teenagers going!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #2885
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper
Phew, all caught up! Only missed one day as had surgery yesterday, you guys can talk!

Anyway, thats my bladder surgery all out the way for the time being. Got a consultant appointment for my neck on 14th Feb, so that will be the next round of all things medical I think!

Can I ask, are any teenagers going to the pyjama breakfast on the first day? I put just myself down, but now DS15 is saying he would quite like to go, and DD14 said she'd go if there were other teenagers going!
Hope it all went OK as it can do yesterday? Take care of yourself!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #2886
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post

Yay for being out of the way now! Best wishes for a quick recovery!

Quote:
We had people of all ages there!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #2887
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Anyone else play Bunco? It's my one reason to get to mingle once a month with others from our 'hood. Off to go try to win some cash for the next few hours
What's Bunco? I have a friend on my FB feed that talks about her monthly Bunco game, but I have no clue what it is.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #2888
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post
I guess I'll be a bench warmer too. It's going to be crowded on that bench.
to the bench!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #2889
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
I was going to go straight for the vodka - whoops! And it's only 7:52 here in the morning....

I'll be the designated driver, I don't drink alcohol
Old 01-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #2890
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
I had collected some FE information on the website at https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...er-information.

You might be able to find some ideas there. If anyone has any more links I can add, please add them here and I'll gather them up.
Thank you so much for all the work you've been doing on the website.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #2891
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:

Glad to hear surgery is out of the way for now . And I hope that all goes well on 2/14

I'm trying to find new jammies for my girls to wear to the breakfast. I don't think they'll want the Disney ones I found some for DH and me on the Disney site, but nothing was jumping out for them. I'll need to keep looking.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #2892
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
What's Bunco? I have a friend on my FB feed that talks about her monthly Bunco game, but I have no clue what it is.
Basically rolling three dice and trying to get all three to be the same number that is your goal for that round (all 3's.. etc). There's points. Winners/losers move after each round (when the head table hits 21 points)

In other words, a game that takes no skill, you can play it and socialize, munch and mingle, and have beverages. We laughed so hard last night I about peed my pants.

We do it once a month, and it is our neighborhood group. About the only time some of us get to see each other, yet we live just a street or two apart. Just a chance for girls - no husbands or kids - and we can all walk home for those who have too much to drink.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #2893
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
Glad to hear surgery is out of the way for now . And I hope that all goes well on 2/14

I'm trying to find new jammies for my girls to wear to the breakfast. I don't think they'll want the Disney ones I found some for DH and me on the Disney site, but nothing was jumping out for them. I'll need to keep looking.
Hubby wore his Superman tshirt we got him for Father's Day. If you come up with a tshirt and sleeping pants your hubby likes, get it for him for Valentine's and he can bring it onboard. Doesn't have to be Disney
Old 01-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #2894
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

FYI: The order I made from VistaPrint on Saturday was shipped this morning (regular shipping).

Interpretation: WOW! That was fast!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #2895
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

See is this link works for VistaPrint Clearance Sale going on now:

http://www.vistaprint.com/clearance
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: