Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #2476
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Pirate Hats

For those limited on packing:
The pirate hats the kids are wearing in the picture are from the store, Michaels. They are made from fun foam and are super light and pack flat. They cost $4 but I used a coupon and got them for $2 each. At that price, you don't have to feel bad if they don't make it home. Just an FYI.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #2477
ThePedersonFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
How are you guys feeling about Pirate Night? We normally go full pirate, but I don't feel like taking all our stuff. I ordered some pirate shirts for the boys to wear in lieu of dressing up, but I feel so lame...

Love it!!! Personality shots are my favorite...if you're dressed like a pirate, you should act like a pirate!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #2478
ThePedersonFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
That picture's awesome though. Here's lame.... ... but, if you look in the background note that no one else was dressed up. But I guess that's a symptom of the 3 day cruise.

[IMG][/IMG]
Another great looking pirate family!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #2479
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
For those limited on packing:
The pirate hats the kids are wearing in the picture are from the store, Michaels. They are made from fun foam and are super light and pack flat. They cost $4 but I used a coupon and got them for $2 each. At that price, you don't have to feel bad if they don't make it home. Just an FYI.
Thank you for that info! We don't have a Michael's here, but I think there's one in a city about an hour from us.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #2480
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo
Thank you for that info! We don't have a Michael's here, but I think there's one in a city about an hour from us.
No problem. Do you have an AC Moore? I am pretty sure they would sell them there also. If not, let me know how many you need and I can pick them up for you and either mail them to you or bring them with us and hand them off to you during the meet.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #2481
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
No problem. Do you have an AC Moore? I am pretty sure they would sell them there also. If not, let me know how many you need and I can pick them up for you and either mail them to you or bring them with us and hand them off to you during the meet.
Aren't you lovely?

Thank you for the offer. Is AC Moore a paint store? I actually live in a small town with a slightly bigger town across from us. We're an hour from the city, but we don't have a lot of the stores that others have. We do have a Walmart, but no Target. Our Target and Costco are an hour away. We drive into the city about once a month, but don't go to many places other than Costco.

If you are willing to pick up the hats for us, I'd gladly send you a check or give you money at a meet up. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

Thank you!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #2482
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

This is what we did for pirate night to keep packing to a minimum. Packed DD a costume hers is small, but found shirts for DH and myself ( I hope I can find those now, never thought we'd wear them again)

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
Old 01-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #2483
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post

This is what we did for pirate night to keep packing to a minimum.
Good idea!

Woody
Old 01-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #2484
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Right it is time for Collette's stupid question of the day. Yet again, I think I already know the answer but I am one of those annoying people who have to be sat down and told, no you can't do that before I give up.

You know at WDW/DL you have the art stores and they have the artists/drawer's (is that a word?!) in there who draw you the picture you request and can personalise it with names and dates etc?

Do you get that on the cruise? I am guessing Disney don't pay for someone like that to sit on board for a cruise like this to make only minimal sales?

Thanks as always, you lovely, wonderful people :D
collette i never knew they done this in wdw, do you have any pics of what you have had done??

will be looking out for this for our next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
I obviously need to start reading ahead before posting....

im right on it

Quote:

At least you have 2! Trying growing up in the mountains of WV. We had one language, hick!

Be careful what you wish for! I was team captain for our wellness challenge at work and I was told my "motivational daily emails" were more threatening than anything else. I have been known to knock on doors and call rooms until a certain sister gets out of bed and give people dirty looks on the ship if they slept in and missed the workout! I was thanked later when everyone got home and the scale was decent to everyone! And my team came in 1st place in the US for the challenge.

We also set-up a stair pledge. In the 14 days, I took the stairs only once (during embarkation, I had a roller bag full of booze) The kids did the stairs also.

When I cruised HAL as a kid, you got a present everyday you didn't take the elevator, your parents had to sign off on it. I loved it, such a good idea to keep those who don't need it out of them! And it is great excersise
wow sounds like i could do with you at home
would love hit before the cruise

Quote:
How are you guys feeling about Pirate Night? We normally go full pirate, but I don't feel like taking all our stuff. I ordered some pirate shirts for the boys to wear in lieu of dressing up, but I feel so lame...

you guys look fantastic, very in character

there was some fab costumes on our wbta, some people went wayout to impress,
i love seeing as many people dressed up, this for me is the fun of these longer cruises.

Quote:
We are dressing up and we are two adults only the second I am on a Disney holiday/vacation I don't care what anybody thinks of me
us too, collette!! i love that we can let the kid in us out when at disney, with out a second glance. stay close

Quote:
I remember we spoke about villian night a few months back on the thread - I believe people were talking about how they had dressed up in the past?

Just wondering if anybody was still interested in this? Me and DB are - I just am so eager to start getting everything planned
there was some people dressed up as characters, not many, most dressed in purple and black with masquerade masks. i put a pic on facebook, but i think i remember you dont do facebook, right??

this will be determined by the night the Villain Show is in the theatre.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #2485
rbw5t
Earning My Ears

We are PIF, and I just changed us from the main seating to the late seating. We're really night people anyway, so that will work better for us. I'm excited about hanging around the ship during all those sea days, catching the early show, followed by the late dinner and having our 5 yr old getting to do the dine and play (at least some of the time).
Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #2486
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
btw - I am a jokester. I manage our HOA facebook page and after everyone was venting about the new streets being constructed north of the development, and recent complaints about owls, coyotes, and construction trucks making noises all hours of the day, I just said those roads were really for the new county international airport terminal since our county has no airport. Someone believed me, was already googling it, and then I had to tell them the "wink" met I was joking. She had missed the wink, too. The builder in our neighborhood had misinformed some people on the newest streets about the street NOT going through to a separate new neighborhood, so we were joking that it was just another tidbit of info the builder left out when they were building. (Which honestly, would not be surprising!)
im surprised there was no petition hitting the streets the minute you said that !!!

Quote:

This is what we did for pirate night to keep packing to a minimum. Packed DD a costume hers is small, but found shirts for DH and myself ( I hope I can find those now, never thought we'd wear them again)
those tshirts are fab

just the job when packing space is limited

great family pic too
Old 01-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #2487
binkytell
DIS Veteran

4 empty glasses but vodka martini is just

Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #2488
kris3kid
Mouseketeer

I just got off the phone with Disney and asked about the transportation to the ship from the airport hotel in Houston. We are not on a big bus but they have several shuttles that come and go as the day goes on. She said that Disney looks at the check in time that we choose during check-in for the port and will place us on a shuttle according to that time. She said that if we want we can all set the same time, get a list together and call the transportation department and try and get us all departing at the same time and traveling together. If there are people interested and we can decide on a port arrival time I would be happy to call Disney back with the request and see if we can get a set place at the dinning room at the hotel as well for breakfast.

I just found on line that check in begins at 11am and boarding 1pm, both of my cruises started boarding before this. Travel time to the port is about 70 min. according to Disney. Let me know what everyone thinks.

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/]

Last edited by kris3kid; 01-17-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #2489
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Love it! I need to find some like that!

The pirate shirts I just bought for the boys aren't nearly as cool. They were "Valentine Pirate" shirts from Gymboree that I only bought cuz I had to use my Gymbucks hahaha. Kinda lame, actually, but whatevs!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #2490
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:

Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbw5t View Post
We are PIF, and I just changed us from the main seating to the late seating. We're really night people anyway, so that will work better for us. I'm excited about hanging around the ship during all those sea days, catching the early show, followed by the late dinner and having our 5 yr old getting to do the dine and play (at least some of the time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris3kid View Post
I just got off the phone with Disney and asked about the transportation to the ship from the airport hotel in Houston. We are not on a big bus but they have several shuttles that come and go as the day goes on. She said that Disney looks at the check in time that we choose during check-in for the port and will place us on a shuttle according to that time. She said that if we want we can all set the same time, get a list together and call the transportation department and try and get us all departing at the same time and traveling together. If there are people interested and we can decide on a port arrival time I would be happy to call Disney back with the request and see if we can get a set place at the dinning room at the hotel as well for breakfast.

I just found on line that check in begins at 11am and boarding 1pm, both of my cruises started boarding before this. Travel time to the port is about 70 min. according to Disney. Let me know what everyone thinks.
I'm always happy with early check in and boarding but figure that with all the platinum cruisers that we'll get a later check in.

Quote:
Love it! I need to find some like that!

The pirate shirts I just bought for the boys aren't nearly as cool. They were "Valentine Pirate" shirts from Gymboree that I only bought cuz I had to use my Gymbucks hahaha. Kinda lame, actually, but whatevs!
I love Gymboree! We used to do them all the time. I was great at buying stuff there on sale off season with Circle of Friends coupons and Gymbucks. But now the gilrs are at an age where they want to try everything on and I can't just online shop for them anymore I bet your shirts are adorable.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: