Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #2446
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I'm telling ya, after calling to PIF today, wow. Big weight lifted. Now to continue picking up DCL cards at Target to have some once onboard the ship. that 5% RedCard helps!
I got quite a few Disney Gift Cards with the Target deal around the holidays but I still pick up at least one $50 card every time I go to Target with my RedCard.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014

Old 01-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #2447
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

btw - I am a jokester. I manage our HOA facebook page and after everyone was venting about the new streets being constructed north of the development, and recent complaints about owls, coyotes, and construction trucks making noises all hours of the day, I just said those roads were really for the new county international airport terminal since our county has no airport. Someone believed me, was already googling it, and then I had to tell them the "wink" met I was joking. She had missed the wink, too. The builder in our neighborhood had misinformed some people on the newest streets about the street NOT going through to a separate new neighborhood, so we were joking that it was just another tidbit of info the builder left out when they were building. (Which honestly, would not be surprising!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #2448
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
I got quite a few Disney Gift Cards with the Target deal around the holidays but I still pick up at least one $50 card every time I go to Target with my RedCard.
I tell hubby THAT is the reason I always spend time (and money) at Target!! Target
Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #2449
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
Added to the website; awaiting your description (or PM me your Google Sites account name and you can edit your page yourself if you prefer).

Binkytell, can you add WVURunner to your organizers post?

She will help hold us accountable too, right? Like text me to get my rear out of bed and head to deck 4?
Just kidding. But I do want to walk each morning. Maybe I will just bring the 2 year old and let her run - wear her out first thing in the morning and me chase her.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #2450
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
too late we already added you to the list, on the website too, just pm goofynewfie so he can give you access to website ,,
I obviously need to start reading ahead before posting....

What binkytell suggests is true. I can let you edit your own page if you give me your google sites account (if you have one), but I don't want to pressure anyone that they need to do so.

People may not already be Google Sites users or have no interest in doing so. That's very fine by me. I'm happy to make any changes required if you let me know what you want. (Have I already said this before? Apologies for the broken record if so)

Either way works fine.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #2451
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
On the collectors board there is a great thread about pin collecting. Tells you everything to look out for, and also has a list of ebay sellers that are good and not so good. In general, the bags of pins you buy like 25/50 etc in a bag for dirt cheap are fakes/scrappers.

I use a seller on ebay who is great, and also does free international postage which is perfect for me in England. I tend to buy the set packs of 7, so things like the cupcake set, or starwars set. I normally get these for around $9.99. Have had no scrappers or fakes to my knowledge, they all come in the correct packaging with the actual price still on the back.

Thanks for all the good vibes. Had my neck scan today and it was fairly good news. Have got a thyroglossal cyst, so as I understand it, basically a lump filled with fluid. May have to have surgery to remove it, but won't find out for a while. However, I am over the moon its not something more serious, so I will take the surgery if necessary!
Great news then. I'm sure we all have a few fluid-filled lumps hidden away somewhere.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #2452
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
For everyone.

The FE signup is when you send a PM to binkytell
Yup yup. For everyone. And based on your question I've tweaked the description of that page to hopefully avoid further confusion.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #2453
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We had a short cheat sheet of Catalonian words someone put together for our WBTA that helped.
Oh, please share that cheat sheet? I'll get it up on the website. I think I started working on something but doubt I got anywhere.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #2454
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Not dumb... gullible My sister-in-law spent a summer during med school residency in Barcelona about a year before our WBTA. Before we went I just assumed it was Spanish! She set me straight. Heck, she spent a semester in Ecuador a few years before that... I didn't bother asking what dialect is spoken there.
I am terribly gullible. That's a fact!

Quote:
btw - I am a jokester. I manage our HOA facebook page and after everyone was venting about the new streets being constructed north of the development, and recent complaints about owls, coyotes, and construction trucks making noises all hours of the day, I just said those roads were really for the new county international airport terminal since our county has no airport. Someone believed me, was already googling it, and then I had to tell them the "wink" met I was joking. She had missed the wink, too. The builder in our neighborhood had misinformed some people on the newest streets about the street NOT going through to a separate new neighborhood, so we were joking that it was just another tidbit of info the builder left out when they were building. (Which honestly, would not be surprising!)
Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #2455
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo
The only two cruises I've been on were DCL in the Mexican Riviera and they did not have those. But I love the idea! Someone who has been on more cruises than I have might chime in with different information. I hope they have different info as I'd totally get one of those done!
We had one done from our first trip to WDW with the dates etc and it's in a lovely frame. Had it done on Main St, I would say it's one of my most treasured items
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #2456
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, please share that cheat sheet? I'll get it up on the website. I think I started working on something but doubt I got anywhere.
Will look for it!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #2457
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Well, we're cruisin' now

Several more people signed up for Roll Call in the last day - we're at 67, we're flying through the posts, and people other than me are updating the website.

If anyone is worried about keeping up to date on the website, you'll note there's a "recent site activity" on the right hand side of the main page you can use to review for changes.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #2458
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just sent you the DIS Personal Navigator from WBTA 2011 that has it incorporated.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #2459
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, we're cruisin' now

Several more people signed up for Roll Call in the last day - we're at 67, we're flying through the posts, and people other than me are updating the website.

If anyone is worried about keeping up to date on the website, you'll note there's a "recent site activity" on the right hand side of the main page you can use to review for changes.
Nice!!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #2460
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the greetings on my new niece and the advice. I am glad my sister is coming. During this cruise, it will be five years since my Dad passed away suddenly and I thought it would be great if we were all with my Mom, doing something together to remember him. He loved to cruise and we all have such wonderful memories of cruising together as family with him!
Quote:

Hobby area -- be careful -- not the best of areas -- so best to do within a hotel IMHO.
So our plan is to stay at a hotel near Hobby since we get in after midnight on Friday. There is a Spec's within 2 miles of the hotel which opens at 10am on Saturday. DH and my plan was to get our run in and end at the store at 10am and then walk back to the hotel with our "items" Would this be a bad idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
too late we already added you to the list, on the website too, just pm goofynewfie so he can give you access to website ,,
Thanks for being on top of things!

Quote:
With kids - go with the flow and be flexible. We brought the stroller to dinner as we had open areas around us and the youngest could sleep if necessary. We also enjoyed napping on deck 4 - we didn't have a verandah cabin so it was perfect to relax there for naps.

If you are booking your own flights and coming in early, shoot me a message and I can give you info on the Tremont for our group rate. Two rooms. I would also think you might can get by booking two rooms there --- as on their website they do not ask for input for children under 3 (so I don't think they count?). However, I just tried looking on the website to see if cribs are available - not listed, so not sure on that.
Thanks for the advice, we won't be needing a room. Since we get in so late on Friday night, we are going to stay at a Marriott property. I have a ton of points! But that happens when you live in a hotel for over 6 months....
Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
The boys' school is actually awesome. Very small Montessori (only about 225 kids preschool through 6th grade), but the boys aged up to the two 6-9 classes (1st-3rd grade) this year and I don't know the teachers as well as their 3-6 ones (who I would just tell we were going the week before haha). The new teachers have all been cool about taking the boys out so far...they have missed a lot though, and that's when I get a little cautious.
My niece and nephew went to a Montessori school until the first grade. I think that's why my niece did so well in the club when she was 3. She was so use to being around older kids and being away. She went full day M-F. She would have stayed in the club all day if we would have let her.

They now go to a private school (way to much $ if you ask me, I went to public school and I turned out fine) My sister's thought is, I pay enough money so I will do what I want. They learned so much more during our EBPC cruise than they ever would have learned in the classroom. Lucky for them, their school get out early so they will only be missing the last 3 half days. It is also a boarding school and most older kids are international so that's why they finish so soon.

My Mom was a teacher and she pulled us out all the time, missing a week never hurt us and we got more from the travel and family time than we ever would have gotten in school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
I think we have two languages here, English and Spanish.
At least you have 2! Trying growing up in the mountains of WV. We had one language, hick!

Quote:
Added to the website; awaiting your description (or PM me your Google Sites account name and you can edit your page yourself if you prefer).

Binkytell, can you add WVURunner to your organizers post?
I'll PM you. As a warning, DH is a software engineer and I will not be held accountable for anything he does while under my account.

The disney website drives him nuts! He refuses to use it. I know when he is on it because I can hear him screaming WHY!!! at the computer. He pre-writes his comment card before we leave and it is pages on pages about the website and what is wrong with it and what needs to be fixed with it!

Quote:

She will help hold us accountable too, right? Like text me to get my rear out of bed and head to deck 4?
Just kidding. But I do want to walk each morning. Maybe I will just bring the 2 year old and let her run - wear her out first thing in the morning and me chase her.
Be careful what you wish for! I was team captain for our wellness challenge at work and I was told my "motivational daily emails" were more threatening than anything else. I have been known to knock on doors and call rooms until a certain sister gets out of bed and give people dirty looks on the ship if they slept in and missed the workout! I was thanked later when everyone got home and the scale was decent to everyone! And my team came in 1st place in the US for the challenge.

We also set-up a stair pledge. In the 14 days, I took the stairs only once (during embarkation, I had a roller bag full of booze) The kids did the stairs also.

When I cruised HAL as a kid, you got a present everyday you didn't take the elevator, your parents had to sign off on it. I loved it, such a good idea to keep those who don't need it out of them! And it is great excersise
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: