Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #2386
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Off the phone with Disney and have paid both cabins in full for the EBTA!!!!

Guess I'll totally officially join the cruise now

I have yearly blood work in the morning, so no celebratory meal or beverage today, but will tomorrow!!!

welcome aboard Mandy
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #2387
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
I hear you. My girls are missing the last two weeks of school too. I'll be talking to the Principal and sending my letters in to the teachers in Feb. I've never had any push back but it's still a little nerve wracking to make the request.
Quote:
I have to do that as well. Kindergarten is not required here in our state, so technically we don't have to be there, but we tested into a dual language program..... so I will be emphasizing the Spain portion of our trip. It's a form of espanol, right??? Heck, I'm a certified principal myself and it still scares me having to do this.
I hope both of you have a better response than I did. All I got was a bunch of crickets. Makes the drop off/pick up very uncomfortable haha.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #2388
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmhaase View Post
My daughter is also missing the last two weeks of kindergarten. I talked to the principal and teacher last week, the teacher was not very thrilled with us, but the principal was all for it, she said what a great experience, and now is the time to do it. But I was so nervous and all ready to cancel our trip after talking to teacher, but hey the principal approved it, so we are going! We can't wait! I just booked our flights for our way back from Barcelona and our free southwest flights to Texas! Yippie!!! Now I need a place to stay in Barcelona! Any suggestions?
After a lot lot lot of research, we decided to stay at Suites Avenue. A pool was important to me, and I like the apartment style rooms. We got the best rate via booking.com and I can cancel up until 5/31! I still have two other hotels reserved, too haha.

http://www.derbyhotels.com/en/hotel-suites-avenue/

Old 01-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #2389
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Off the phone with Disney and have paid both cabins in full for the EBTA!!!!

Guess I'll totally officially join the cruise now

I have yearly blood work in the morning, so no celebratory meal or beverage today, but will tomorrow!!!
Just drink early!!! It's 5 o'clock SOMEWHERE!

Congrats on PIF.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #2390
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
I hope both of you have a better response than I did. All I got was a bunch of crickets. Makes the drop off/pick up very uncomfortable haha.
Did you get detention
Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #2391
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Just booked a 2BR at Kidani for Christmas! And yeah I'll wait to tell the teachers since I'm pulling the boys out again for a week HAHAHA.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #2392
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Now a party of nine!

So my little sister has caved in and has decided she will be joining us on this cruise. She will also be brining the newest member of our family, Clara, born 1/14. Her DH will be staying behind, so my DH will be the lone adult male. Two guys (DH and 10 yr nephew) and seven girls! They are slightly out numbered. Looks like we will be getting 3 cabins. We are not officially booked yet but we are 99% comitted so I will be sending PMs. We would like to do the FE for all three cabins and will give to every cabin. Since there was interest, I will "be in charge" of the running club. Let me know if it can be added to the website. I can write a description in a bit. Since my sister is now withe her kids, I will let her deal with traveling with them. Any advice for her? It is their first cruise and she will have a 4 month old and a 3 year old. Getting excited!

The new big sister with our newest cruiser, Clara!

Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #2393
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Away to look them up, I only know the b52, not that it matters to me as I can drink anything
I posted the doc on google - one of the DISers had taken the time after the class to get all of the recipes and post them in a doc - bless her heart!
Here's the link (these are "officially" from DCL)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...QylHdFyt0/edit

I think the High Tide and the Caipharani were my two favs

I can drink MOST, but I'm not much on straight alcohol, which is why I was so surprised I liked the Caipharani so well!
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
Old 01-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #2394
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post

Congrats for adding to the family!!!! (Yay, Sis!!)
Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #2395
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you get detention
HAHAHA! Luckily I work W TH F so DH has to see them, not me!

Old 01-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #2396
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So my little sister has caved in and has decided she will be joining us on this cruise. She will also be brining the newest member of our family, Clara, born 1/14. Her DH will be staying behind, so my DH will be the lone adult male. Two guys (DH and 10 yr nephew) and seven girls! They are slightly out numbered. Looks like we will be getting 3 cabins. We are not officially booked yet but we are 99% comitted so I will be sending PMs. We would like to do the FE for all three cabins and will give to every cabin. Since there was interest, I will "be in charge" of the running club. Let me know if it can be added to the website. I can write a description in a bit. Since my sister is now withe her kids, I will let her deal with traveling with them. Any advice for her? It is their first cruise and she will have a 4 month old and a 3 year old. Getting excited!

Yay!!! My biggest advice: keep your expectations low. Be flexible, try to be empathic when they are cranky or whiny because they are all out of whack. And just have fun!

Old 01-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #2397
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Since there was interest, I will "be in charge" of the running club. Let me know if it can be added to the website.

too late we already added you to the list, on the website too, just pm goofynewfie so he can give you access to website ,,

Too cute, she looks like a doll so precious
Old 01-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #2398
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
With kids - go with the flow and be flexible. We brought the stroller to dinner as we had open areas around us and the youngest could sleep if necessary. We also enjoyed napping on deck 4 - we didn't have a verandah cabin so it was perfect to relax there for naps.

If you are booking your own flights and coming in early, shoot me a message and I can give you info on the Tremont for our group rate. Two rooms. I would also think you might can get by booking two rooms there --- as on their website they do not ask for input for children under 3 (so I don't think they count?). However, I just tried looking on the website to see if cribs are available - not listed, so not sure on that.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #2399
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

welcome aboard Mandy
Hehehehe

I even logged into our reservations so we could see both cabins at $0.00 remaining
Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #2400
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Just booked a 2BR at Kidani for Christmas! And yeah I'll wait to tell the teachers since I'm pulling the boys out again for a week HAHAHA.
So glad we have such wonderful teachers, staff and principals to work with - neither child's school (one elementary and one middle-schooler) has a problem with us pulling the kids out. We've done it multiple years in a row for multiple weeks (not all at one time, but one week here, one week there, one week another time) and have never, ever had any issues at all.

Middle schooler is a little bummed he has to work so hard the last week before we leave, but I offered to just find him someone to stay with here instead of coming with us, and he cheered right up -
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: