Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #2281
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
I told my husband the night before we found out that I thought we should have two boy names and two girl names "just in case." I just had this weird feeling. Then we found out the next day and my husband almost fell over and said, "She said last night she thought it was twins " It's the only psychic moment of my life

Maybe my girls can convince your boys to try it!
You should remind him and the girls that you have that gift when you want something or to go somewhere -- that you can predict the future!

Old 01-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #2282
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell
Going from website we have the following organisers listed:

all aboard meet and greet mandygirl

Book exchange kaseyc

Champagne girls valbob89

Candy swap tubbsteruk

FE exchange binkytell

lanyards mandygirl

linked dining binkytell

Palo group brunch no organiser

Pin trading. no organiser

PJ breakfast. tink1987

Postcard exchange lysand

Private tastings disneymousehouse

Pub crawl badbrad25

Stateroom tours lysand

Scavenger hunt no organiser

Scrap booking no organiser

Secret mickey berries97

shirts valbob

whiteboard padalyn

Until we meet again lunch no organiser

only berries97 has not returned a pm to say whether she is cruiser or not, and has not been active on boards for quite few months.
do we all agree to take another volunteer to co-ordinate secret mickey??]

if ive missed anything let me know

any volunteers to take on other activities???
I wouldn't mind organise the pin trading please? And yes I think maybe we should draft in someone else for Secret Mickey? Then if berries97 comes back she can always co-ordinate with the new organiser and work together if she/he so wishes?
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #2283
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
I wouldn't mind organise the pin trading please? And yes I think maybe we should draft in someone else for Secret Mickey? Then if berries97 comes back she can always co-ordinate with the new organiser and work together if she/he so wishes?

tink thanks for volunteering, updated list.

Can you put myself and dd beth down for this, we love pins!

Last edited by binkytell; 01-15-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #2284
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
You rock! I might have to owe you a drink.

Wow it was way back on page 121 and I only posted it the other day , we are flying through this thread now you guys are getting so
Old 01-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #2285
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
LOL! I almost peed my pants reading that first part! Before pregnancies: I was often told by people I had the memory of an elephant - remembering everything. (Okay, not anything from History classes of course, which I really really wish now I had paid more attention in as I am trying to figure out what Rome is known for... LOL) But after pregnancies? Oh yea. I have to write it down. I have this little spiral notebook I ordered from VistaPrint with one of their many sales. It has a map and WBTA pirate night pictures on the front. I have been putting all of our main info here. I know, I have TripIt as well and can upload there, and will before we go, but for now I have the key things in that spiral, especially reservation confirmation numbers, etc. It really is true what they say about "preggo brain" and having to "donate brain cells to your child". No, not preggo again nor any plans, but I just never got those brain cells back! My handy journal helps me.
Now I know why I'm so forgetful now, kids . Really, I was great with remembering stuff years ago. I do think my kids sucked out my brain cells.

Quote:
By the way... I am inbetween appointments with clients and successfully avoiding everything I need to be doing. sigh. I'm going to try to give it a 30-minute burst of energy to tackle laundry.

I. Hate. Laundry.
That's one of the chores I don't mind. I'll do your laundry if you'll dust for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
You should remind him and the girls that you have that gift when you want something or to go somewhere -- that you can predict the future!
It's the only thing I've predicted! But I also predicted they were fraternal, and I got that wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Wow it was way back on page 121 and I only posted it the other day , we are flying through this thread now you guys are getting so
I rarely checked here before, but now that we're so close, and the holidays are over, I can't stop checking in
Old 01-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #2286
binkytell
DIS Veteran

im not sure if I've missed this or not but do we have
A name for our cruise? I cant recall ever seeing one or if it was discussed at some point, and was wanting to make a start on my ideas for FE gifts
Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #2287
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
A name for our cruise? I cant recall ever seeing one or if it was discussed at some point, and was wanting to make a start on my ideas for FE gifts
No Way Home?

Kidding. Just posted that since there's no return TA for passengers.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #2288
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A name for our cruise? I cant recall ever seeing one or if it was discussed at some point, and was wanting to make a start on my ideas for FE gifts .
I don't think we do - I think Valbob was saying about having the message a MAGICal journey on the shirts?
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

Old 01-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #2289
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:

tink thanks for volunteering, updated list.

Can you put myself and dd beth down for this, we love pins!
No worries, I am looking forward to it!

Now what do I do?? Hehe only joking, I have a plan up my sleeve

Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #2290
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

To all the new organizers and old, it's been a while since I've put out a reminder. If you're a little computer-savvy, as the website organizer, I can give you administrator access to the page of the event that you're organizing. With administrator access you can do whatever you like with your page on the website. Put up a google spreadsheet, pictures, whatever you like. I believe all you need is a Google Sites account which is free and easy to set up.

Or, alternatively, I can do it for you on your direction.

I do agree with others though that when we get the new thread up and running that we should put a summary on the first post and organizers should have their own post they can update. The website simply lets us get a little fancier.

Alternatively, I can set up the website to link directly with the Disboards like I have done for MandyGirl's helpful Galveston info she posted a while back.

https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...galveston-area
Old 01-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #2291
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There was a name chosen before I came along and I assumed we all knew it. It's on the website and in the URL - that's why it's so long.

On a Magical Transatlantic Journey

https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...lanticjourney/
Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #2292
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
No Way Home?

Kidding. Just posted that since there's no return TA for passengers.
HAHAHA that is AWESOME! I'm not kidding either!

I, too, can't stop checking in. I love reading everything. It's getting so exciting! Last night, after a couple of cocktails and a very stressful day (I actually don't see clients on Mondays but I had to testify in court), I sent an email to the boys teachers about them missing school. Ooops!

Old 01-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #2293
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
HAHAHA that is AWESOME! I'm not kidding either!

I, too, can't stop checking in. I love reading everything. It's getting so exciting! Last night, after a couple of cocktails and a very stressful day (I actually don't see clients on Mondays but I had to testify in court), I sent an email to the boys teachers about them missing school. Ooops!
Uh-oh, what did the teachers say?

We're super lucky. I talked to the school and the girls' teacher and everyone's ok with them missing class. They do just fine in school and they are only third grade, so it's not going to be a huge deal. But it will be weird as we'll come home for the last week of school.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #2294
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
I don't think we do...here are a few suggestions, but we don't have a name yet as far as I know.

2013: Galveston to Barcelona
A Magical journey to Spain
Kidnapped again – the Magic heads East
A Magical journey from Galveston to Spain
2013: the Magic moves east
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/8/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #2295
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Re: Linked dining. I'd really love to sit with all you fine folks but does Disney really handle it in such a way that you'd see all my spa and excursion bookings, I'd see yours and we could change each others? I'd hate to accidentally screw up someone else's bookings.

I got confused as people were describing how it would work.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: