Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #2266
Kirbo
Whovian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
definately lesson learned there, im sure its a lot of work especially on these longer cruises with higher number of cruisers.

out of courtesy to val after the work she has already put in, i agree we wait till she's back, im sure she will be along shortly.

spooky, us mums just know these things as we know everything right???
Yep, yep and yep
Old 01-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #2267
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
whew, you folks have been VERY chatty!!

We finally have all the Christmas decorations away, are getting ready to book our Palo etc for this cruise. Our wedding planner had a busy weekend for us last weekend, and we have a busy one planned for NEXT weekend. That being said - just checking in to see what is new.

About the FE exchange - we are going to give to all, so however it is broken up is fine by us. This whole process sounds like it is getting more confusing than is necessary. I guess the organizer needs to clarify - my understanding is that it is ONE gift given (to each cabin or person - that is up to the giver) for the cruise.

Cayla
ive no idea were the confusion is coming from.

my understanding of the Rules of fish extender is there is NO rules, thats what keeps it fun. Trying to set rules takes the fun out of it. if a person is in one group and chooses to give multiple gifts over the cruise to people in there group thats there decision, if a person decides to give 1 gift per stateroom, again their choice, lets keep the fun in this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
ok - I have been playing with the information that BinkyTell provided (Thank you SO much!!)

I have created a spreadsheet of the names and I THINK I have it right... I could post the spread sheet on a linked page -but this is BinkyTells list and I will not interfere in how she is running it.

so the totals are:

total adults:67
total adult women: 34 - I am missing two people (Kris3kid - not sure of gender)
total adult men: 33 - I am missing two people (Kris3kid - not sure of gender)

total children: 27
total girls: 17
total boys: 10

please, reread this and check my info!! We are giving gifts to each cabin, but are thinking about adding special items for kids (we don't have kids, but think they should enjoy the gifts!!)

Cayla
yeah i have a spreadsheet too. i dont see the point in sharing this at present when we are splitting into groups.

As your a previous organiser of the FE group, Im getting the impression you feel there is something im not doing quite right in organising this Fish Extender group.

feel free to pm if with advice if this is the case
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #2268
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvet View Post
Ok i found info about the trainride thru the Alps.

It takes some time and it;'s expensive but it should be very beautiful.
The route is Barcelona - Montpellier (4.42pm - 9.14pm about €60 per adult)
Overnight stay at Montpellier
Montpellier - Geneve (between 4 and 5 hours about €70 per adult)
Overnight stay at Geneve
Geneve - Amsterdam (around 8 hours about €100 per adult)
This itinerary is the only one where you do drive thru the day (so you realy can see the Alps).

Here are the websites you need to go to to book this:
Barcelona - Montpellier
http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/via...les/index.html
click on this route: España - Francia
Trayecto: Lorca - Montpellier

Montpellier - Geneve:
http://www.voyages-sncf.com/billet-train?hid=MSA

Geneve - Amsterdam:
https://treintickets.nshispeed.nl/d-...eferences.html
We're not headed there, but this looks like a neat trip!! Always such neat trips we learn for the future from fellow DIS members.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #2269
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
Perhaps that was an idea someone had in the hopes more of us would volunteer (I am part of another message board for moms of twins and one of the smilies is a bag over the head. That would be so perfect here since I have volunteered for nothing).
Yep. Maybe we can compile a full list of activities and know what still needs to be covered so people are aware. (?) Sarah (binkytell) -- did you have a list already? Maybe it's just that in recent months people are new and not aware there are still activities needing coverage. I think Chris (GoofyNewfie) has them all on the website on their specific pages: https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...lanticjourney/

Super informative website for anyone who has not seen that.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #2270
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
ive no idea were the confusion is coming from.

my understanding of the Rules of fish extender is there is NO rules, thats what keeps it fun. Trying to set rules takes the fun out of it. if a person is in one group and chooses to give multiple gifts over the cruise to people in there group thats there decision, if a person decides to give 1 gift per stateroom, again their choice, lets keep the fun in this!!!

yeah i have a spreadsheet too. i dont see the point in sharing this at present when we are splitting into groups.

As your a previous organiser of the FE group, Im getting the impression you feel there is something im not doing quite right in organising this Fish Extender group.

feel free to pm if with advice if this is the case
Oh please - I am not suggesting you are doing anything wrong or "not quite right". I am a list maker, and as such I like to keep all the columns aligned. That being said, since my gifts are BOTH cabin and gender specific I needed to get an idea of how many I am making. Since we are giving to all the folks, those numbers are helpful. I extrapolated the information from what you posted is all. Feel free to publish when you feel it is the right time.

As you say - keep it fun! It just seemed like some folks were making it more confusing is all...us? we like roaming the decks and checking out the doors and wonderful decorations!

As others on previous cruises have mentioned - the Dis is NOT the only group that do FE's...so you might want to make sure that folks cabin numbers are correct (that is what the whiteboard is for). Some folks will put out an extender and hope that folks will drop things in without any intention of returning the favor - or being attached to any specific list. There are at least three other TA groups that put out FE's....just sayin'

please no offense was intended or implied. Mia Culpa.

Cayla
9/12/14:.....14 day Eastbound Panama Canal (on the Wonder) (part 6)
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year together! (part 7)
2/8/15:.....B2B Magic Cruises - one to be cancelled (EBTA instead!!)
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #2271
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Anyway, nothing I can do now, and fingers crossed it will be nothing. Some positive vibes would be much appreciated though.
As many as I can muster headed your way.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #2272
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
I am SO sorry if this has been discussed before, I may have even asked it myself! How many formal nights and semi formal nights can we expect on this cruise. I need to get a trip planning notebook like the awesome Mandygirl
LOL! I almost peed my pants reading that first part! Before pregnancies: I was often told by people I had the memory of an elephant - remembering everything. (Okay, not anything from History classes of course, which I really really wish now I had paid more attention in as I am trying to figure out what Rome is known for... LOL) But after pregnancies? Oh yea. I have to write it down. I have this little spiral notebook I ordered from VistaPrint with one of their many sales. It has a map and WBTA pirate night pictures on the front. I have been putting all of our main info here. I know, I have TripIt as well and can upload there, and will before we go, but for now I have the key things in that spiral, especially reservation confirmation numbers, etc. It really is true what they say about "preggo brain" and having to "donate brain cells to your child". No, not preggo again nor any plans, but I just never got those brain cells back! My handy journal helps me.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #2273
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Yep. Maybe we can compile a full list of activities and know what still needs to be covered so people are aware. (?) Sarah (binkytell) -- did you have a list already? Maybe it's just that in recent months people are new and not aware there are still activities needing coverage. I think Chris (GoofyNewfie) has them all on the website on their specific pages: https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...lanticjourney/

Super informative website for anyone who has not seen that.
i listed group organisers few pages back, will go look back and copy and paste
Old 01-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #2274
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i listed group organisers few pages back, will go look back and copy and paste
You rock! I might have to owe you a drink.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #2275
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

By the way... I am inbetween appointments with clients and successfully avoiding everything I need to be doing. sigh. I'm going to try to give it a 30-minute burst of energy to tackle laundry.

I. Hate. Laundry.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #2276
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
I don't know how to attach a PDF if someone does HELP!! or I can email them to you!
I'd be happy to store them up on the website and then we can link to them from here.

I should have your email address because of the roll call. If you don't mind me using your email address, I'll send you an email you can reply to.

If anyone has anything else similar, I'm happy to put stuff up on the website. The URL is in my signature. If there are enough people that want to start sending things, I'll be happy to set up an email address that I'll post here. Generally never a good idea to post an email address on a forum like this, but if it makes it easier for people, I'll do it.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #2277
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Going from website we have the following organisers listed:

all aboard meet and greet mandygirl

Book exchange kaseyc

Bunco group - gonecrusin

Champagne girls valbob89

Candy swap tubbsteruk

FE exchange binkytell

lanyards mandygirl

linked dining binkytell

Palo group brunch/ kaseyc

palo group dinner Sdlong329

Personal navigator no organiser

Pin trading. tink 1987

PJ breakfast. tink1987

Postcard exchange lysand

Private tastings disneymousehouse

Pub crawl badbrad25

recipe exchange mboekhoff

Running club. wvuRunner

Stateroom tours lysand

Scavenger hunt gonecrusin

Secret mickey yvet

shirts valbob

Toddler meet n greet. mandygirl

whiteboard padalyn

Until we meet again lunch ? yvet

Website goofynewfie

if you would like something new added just let us know, its your cruise

Last edited by binkytell; 01-26-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Update
Old 01-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #2278
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
I'd be happy to store them up on the website and then we can link to them from here.

I should have your email address because of the roll call. If you don't mind me using your email address, I'll send you an email you can reply to.

If anyone has anything else similar, I'm happy to put stuff up on the website. The URL is in my signature. If there are enough people that want to start sending things, I'll be happy to set up an email address that I'll post here. Generally never a good idea to post an email address on a forum like this, but if it makes it easier for people, I'll do it.
great idea!! Keep it all on one server!

you could use a hotmail or yahoo account - that way it is disposable.
9/12/14:.....14 day Eastbound Panama Canal (on the Wonder) (part 6)
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year together! (part 7)
2/8/15:.....B2B Magic Cruises - one to be cancelled (EBTA instead!!)
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #2279
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Would love some positive thoughts for tomorrow please. Have had a lump on my neck for a month, am having an ultrasound scan on it tomorrow. Hopefully it will be nothing to worry about, but am terrified, and my brain keeps running away with me.

Consequently I am slightly worried about all my plans, as don't currently have travel insurance (was waiting to take it out after my second bladder operation, which is next week, as thought it would be easier to get that out the way). Won't find out results til after paid in full date............

Anyway, nothing I can do now, and fingers crossed it will be nothing. Some positive vibes would be much appreciated though.
My folks did get cruise insurance, and the doc decided to scan me to see if my cancer's grown, so you have my full and complete sympathy. Fingers, toes, and everything crossed that it all turns out well.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #2280
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl

LOL! I almost peed my pants reading that first part! Before pregnancies: I was often told by people I had the memory of an elephant - remembering everything. (Okay, not anything from History classes of course, which I really really wish now I had paid more attention in as I am trying to figure out what Rome is known for... LOL) But after pregnancies? Oh yea. I have to write it down. I have this little spiral notebook I ordered from VistaPrint with one of their many sales. It has a map and WBTA pirate night pictures on the front. I have been putting all of our main info here. I know, I have TripIt as well and can upload there, and will before we go, but for now I have the key things in that spiral, especially reservation confirmation numbers, etc. It really is true what they say about "preggo brain" and having to "donate brain cells to your child". No, not preggo again nor any plans, but I just never got those brain cells back! My handy journal helps me.
I haven't even had children yet so goodness knows what my excuse is :P

Ohhh I lurve Tripit! It's awesome for obsessive freaks like me :D
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: