Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #2236
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Would love some positive thoughts for tomorrow please. Have had a lump on my neck for a month, am having an ultrasound scan on it tomorrow. Hopefully it will be nothing to worry about, but am terrified, and my brain keeps running away with me.

Consequently I am slightly worried about all my plans, as don't currently have travel insurance (was waiting to take it out after my second bladder operation, which is next week, as thought it would be easier to get that out the way). Won't find out results til after paid in full date............

Anyway, nothing I can do now, and fingers crossed it will be nothing. Some positive vibes would be much appreciated though.
I send you positive vibes and good thoughts . I hope all goes well and I'm thinking of you

Can you buy insurance today?

Old 01-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #2237
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Would love some positive thoughts for tomorrow please. Have had a lump on my neck for a month, am having an ultrasound scan on it tomorrow. Hopefully it will be nothing to worry about, but am terrified, and my brain keeps running away with me.

Consequently I am slightly worried about all my plans, as don't currently have travel insurance (was waiting to take it out after my second bladder operation, which is next week, as thought it would be easier to get that out the way). Won't find out results til after paid in full date............

Anyway, nothing I can do now, and fingers crossed it will be nothing. Some positive vibes would be much appreciated though.
Thinking of you and sending prayers your way. You're right, nothing you can do...but that doesn't make you worry less about your health! I hope all is clear after the scan.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #2238
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post

I agree. I'm not a big "joiner", but we'd definitely like to be a part of a few of the things. Especially the first meet and greet (I missed where that was talked about, I didn't realize one was being planned).
It was talked about briefly this summer on this thread (here's around the timeframe so check some pages before/after this linked page), but after I learned via PM we sign up to coordinate only one activity each, my offers in the thread to volunteer for that one went to the wayside so someone else could volunteer and be involved. I'm doing lanyards only with hopes to hand them out at embarkation meet and greet for whoever is organizing that. Goofynewfie posted it on the webpage back during the summer along with various event descriptions we tried to summarize in 2-3 lines:

https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...meet-and-greet

Each event has info on here that we pulled together last summer, but many events are missing coordinators and binkytell has been trying to contact coordinators listed to make sure they are still onboard.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #2239
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When my girls were in Kindergarten they also wanted to dress alike. It might be an age thing. It was hard for their teacher, but she did learn to tell them apart! By first grade they rarely dressed alike. Now they never do. But they still like us to buy them similar clothes for the sake of being fair!

We were surprised to get twins, but we did find out pretty early, so that made it pretty easy and we were ready for them when they arrived.

My girls don't seem really taken by other twins, except that their closest friends are also twin girls! They do love being twins, however, and don't mind the added attention it sometimes brings. They are also kindhearted kids and will gladly talk with your boys.

For months I rarely checked in on this thread, but now that we're almost there I can't stop checking in
The boys love being twins, too. It really is a cool thing. We found out super early (6 weeks), so after I almost fell off the table in shock, I had plenty of time to wrap my brain around it (plus having two kids doing somersaults in there helped cement the idea haha).

That is so amazing that their BFFs are also twins! Wow. The boys are really shy at first, so they will probably start asking questions around day 13, just in time to say "goodbye" haha.

On another note, I asked them separately if they wanted to do the campout, and they said "no". When I asked why, they both said "because I wanna sleep with you!" Man, I hope they change their minds about that before they turn 18 haha.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #2240
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
It was talked about briefly this summer on this thread (here's around the timeframe so check some pages before/after this linked page), but after I learned via PM we sign up to coordinate only one activity each, my offers in the thread to volunteer for that one went to the wayside so someone else could volunteer and be involved. I'm doing lanyards only with hopes to hand them out at embarkation meet and greet for whoever is organizing that. Goofynewfie posted it on the webpage back during the summer along with various event descriptions we tried to summarize in 2-3 lines:

https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...meet-and-greet

Each event has info on here that we pulled together last summer, but many events are missing coordinators and binkytell has been trying to contact coordinators listed to make sure they are still onboard.
Wait, I'm confused. You can only coordinate one activity? What if nobody else wants to do it?

Can we vote on that? Or make a time limit on when someone needs to sign up for it before someone already doing stuff can do it?

Listen, I'll be honest, I won't sign up for doing anything. I'm just not that together. But I love when folks that are good at that stuff, and ENJOY that stuff, take it on. I appreciate it immensely.

I'd love to partake of lanyards, and will happily chip in, and shirts and meet ups. I just suck at trying to get that stuff together.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #2241
kyra's mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Oh so sorry. I've been there, lots of tests, etc. this year. I also had a lump in my thyroid, it had some blood in it and was firm so there was some worry but it came back benign, I'll get another test in a couple months.

It's really hard not to worry but you'll be okay. I have prayed and prayed throughout my tough year of illness and I can tell you from experience that God is listening. Say some prayers and then trust that He will heal you.

Also, there are some incredible documentaries on food, such as "Food Matters" and "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". Take a look, you'll feel so much more empowered that through good nutrition and supplements your body can heal itself. I take great supplements and sometimes I eat really well ( wish I did a better job on the latter ) and I am getting much better.

Can you still take out insurance? Try to, it's worth the peace of mind.

I will say a prayer for you.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #2242
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
The boys love being twins, too. It really is a cool thing. We found out super early (6 weeks), so after I almost fell off the table in shock, I had plenty of time to wrap my brain around it (plus having two kids doing somersaults in there helped cement the idea haha).

That is so amazing that their BFFs are also twins! Wow. The boys are really shy at first, so they will probably start asking questions around day 13, just in time to say "goodbye" haha.

On another note, I asked them separately if they wanted to do the campout, and they said "no". When I asked why, they both said "because I wanna sleep with you!" Man, I hope they change their minds about that before they turn 18 haha.
I told my husband the night before we found out that I thought we should have two boy names and two girl names "just in case." I just had this weird feeling. Then we found out the next day and my husband almost fell over and said, "She said last night she thought it was twins " It's the only psychic moment of my life

Maybe my girls can convince your boys to try it!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #2243
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sending positive vibes your way!!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #2244
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wait, I'm confused. You can only coordinate one activity? What if nobody else wants to do it?

Can we vote on that? Or make a time limit on when someone needs to sign up for it before someone already doing stuff can do it?

Listen, I'll be honest, I won't sign up for doing anything. I'm just not that together. But I love when folks that are good at that stuff, and ENJOY that stuff, take it on. I appreciate it immensely.

I'd love to partake of lanyards, and will happily chip in, and shirts and meet ups. I just suck at trying to get that stuff together.
This was shared back in the summer (see this page where I had previously volunteered here) but maybe it has changed and I missed that along the way somewhere. I ended up just going out on a limb and coordinating a group rate for a hotel for Tremont in Galveston and a pre-cruise meetup at the Rooftop Bar that Friday night at 7:00 - both completely unofficial and non-DIS related. Hopefully any remaining activities that need to be coordinated can get volunteers soon, and I think Binkytell has put together a list (she started contacting some to see if they were still onboard).
Old 01-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #2245
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:

Positive vibes, thoughts and prayers sent your way.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 01-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #2246
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

I don't know how to attach a PDF if someone does HELP!! or I can email them to you!

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
Old 01-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #2247
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819
I don't know how to attach a PDF if someone does HELP!! or I can email them to you!
I will PM you if that's OK, I am not sure how to attach a PDF to a thread - hopefully somebody will ?
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #2248
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
you can't - so don't feel like you have missed something! You have to upload it to a photo server of some sort. (photobucket, flickr, or any other one) and put a link to it in your post.

I got the dates that Steven posted - you have them right Mandy - with one addition of 5/19. He doesn't have that date - however, I think you have it right. In my experience DCL usually does formal night on the second night of the cruise.

Cayla
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #2249
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

ValBob

Give Val and Bob a bit - they are around. Sometimes life gets in the way of planning. I figure they will put in an appearance soon as the PIF date is right around the corner. (Literally!!! 2 days, right?)

If they have dropped out of sight completely by the time we hit 200 pages, maybe we should just designate someone to start the next thread and begin the info page as well. (Just a suggestion!)

Cayla
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #2250
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
you can't - so don't feel like you have missed something! You have to upload it to a photo server of some sort. (photobucket, flickr, or any other one) and put a link to it in your post.

I got the dates that Steven posted - you have them right Mandy - with one addition of 5/19. He doesn't have that date - however, I think you have it right. In my experience DCL usually does formal night on the second night of the cruise.

Cayla
Sunday 5/19 is correct for the first Formal Night. I called the shoreside concierge to get the information since the original post disappeared from FB.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: