Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #2221
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
these are the people who expressed they would like to sign up for linked dining on previous posts, if I posted incorrectly please let me know

Linked dining

LATE DINING

binkytell. Sarah, dh, dd11, dd2
mandygirl Mandy, dh, DMil, dd6, dd3
tubbersteruk. Paul, DW, dd4
kyrasmommy. DW, dh, dd10, ds5
heatherb819 heather, dh, dd10
nitrame 3a, dd9, dd6
hmhaaseDW, dh, dd6
saracat Sara, dh
kaseyc kaseyc, dd12, dd10
kirbo kirbo, dh, dd9, dd9

MAIN DINING

viking53 chuck, DW, dd5
Add us to that if you can

mboekhoff, dh, dd 13, ds 11
Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #2222
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I think that was Steven (?). I had made predictions for "fun" back in July on Facebook but I believe Steven spoke to DCL a day or two ago and shared his learnings somewhere.
I just used the search feature on Facebook in a variety of ways as well as visually scanned. I believe that post must have been deleted. I also went through the last few days of this thread to see if those dates were posted here but cannot find it so I can copy paste. Pretty sure it was 1/14 but I could be mistaken.

Here is what I had written down in my trip planning notebook when seeing that post though (hoping I wrote it down accurately):

5/19 - formal night (at sea)
5/24 - Pirate Night (also was previously in our PreCruise Planning Guide with reservation)
5/25 - Semi Formal
5/29 - Formal night

All formal/semi-formal nights are on sea days.

The nerd side of me likes to see the whole cruise at a glance, which could look like this:

5/17 - precruise Rooftop Bar 7:00pm at Tremont (Galveston)
5/18 - Galveston embarkation day (proposed 3:00 Meet-and-Greet and receive lanyards)
5/19 - at sea (proposed DIS PJ Breakfast;DCL Formal Night)
5/20 - at sea
5/21 - Castaway Cay
5/22 - at sea
5/23 - at sea
5/24 - at sea; DCL Pirate Night (also in our PreCruise Planning Guide with reservation)
5/25 - at sea; DCL Semi Formal
5/26 - at sea
5/27 - at sea
5/28 - Madeira
5/29 - at sea; DCL Formal night
5/30 - Gibraltar
5/31 - at sea
6/1 - Barcelona disembarkation

I know some may still consider it early, but I think it may be beneficial to have all event coordinators in place so planning can really take off, especially after we hit PIF date.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #2223
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post

Gosh, I just realized that you and MandyGirl are really taking great care of all of us! Thank you to both of you for all your hard work. This is going to be such a fun cruise!
I agree with Kirbo, THANKS!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #2224
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
I would love all the info on one page! Or at least links to that info. I'm now trying to keep up with this thread, but it's hopping! And sifting through it is not that easy. Having a FB page is nice, but I know a lot of folks don't go there, so it seems like this might be the best place to keep up to date.
I agree. It would make it so much easier to find the important stuff.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 01-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #2225
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
I just used the search feature on Facebook in a variety of ways as well as visually scanned. I believe that post must have been deleted. I also went through the last few days of this thread to see if those dates were posted here but cannot find it so I can copy paste. Pretty sure it was 1/14 but I could be mistaken.

Here is what I had written down in my trip planning notebook when seeing that post though (hoping I wrote it down accurately):

5/24 - Pirate Night (also was previously in our PreCruise Planning Guide with reservation)
5/25 - Semi Formal
5/29 - Formal night

The nerd side of me likes to see the whole cruise at a glance, which could look like this:

5/18 - Galveston embarkation day (proposed 3:00 Meet-and-Greet and receive lanyards)
5/20 - at sea
5/21 - Castaway Cay
5/22 - at sea
5/23 - at sea
5/24 - at sea; DCL Pirate Night (also in our PreCruise Planning Guide with reservation)
5/26 - at sea
5/27 - at sea
5/28 - Madeira
5/30 - Gibraltar
5/31 - at sea

I know some may still consider it early, but I think it may be beneficial to have all event coordinators in place so planning can really take off, especially after we hit PIF date.
It was deleted off of FB. Why I don't know? Your notes are correct at least how I remember it.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #2226
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
It was deleted off of FB. Why I don't know? Your notes are correct at least how I remember it.
I couldn't find it, but anyone can delete their own posts. Might be an oversight on my part.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #2227
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmhaase View Post
We have a FB page? How do I get there? How do I sign up for the FE? Thanks!
Send a message to binkytell (Sarah) for FE signup

Facebook page link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/436992032989082/
Old 01-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #2228
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

I have last year navigators scanned in color if anyone has interest in them I can post them if I can figure out how to do it. They are in PDF format. I know I posted them previously but they were in black and white and not very legible. These are a much cleaner copy.

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
Old 01-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #2229
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
We typically give custom-wrapped chocolate from Philadelphia ... the number of pieces distributed to each stateroom are based upon the number of people in the stateroom ... we do not give just one piece one day, then go back another day to give another piece. I guess, what I was trying to say was, if you are going to walk the entire ship 3 different times, to go to 45 different staterooms (15 * 3 trips) ... you are basically doing us about as much as we did on the last cruise (60), and you are likely spending MORE time, since you are walking the entire ship three times ... while we walk the entire ship once (divided 3 days).

In the past, we have often received baggies of various items, single items per stateroom, as well as single items for each person in a stateroom. I can't say we ever recall getting a single item from someone on multiple days. On any given 7-night cruise, it is usually suggested that not everyone distribute their FE's on the first night. Some have opted to make deliveries later in the cruise ... others divide deliveries equally over the span of the cruise. We typically receive FE's on every day of the cruise ... up until after dinner on the last night of the cruise. I believe, if you think about making a single trip to any given stateroom (in lieu of multiple trips), you will find it cuts down on a lot of time.

Steven
Thanks Steven, that makes more sense (to me anyway) than the way I read it before.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #2230
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

WOW ya'll have a been a busy bunch. I have had alot going on and just now came to catch up and miss SO much! LOL

The only beach by Houston is Galveston. Just so that you know, it's not like a Florida beach. the water is not blue and the sand is not white. LOL So just wanted to let you know in case you are used to something different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2011 View Post
Thanks,
We have plan to visit San antonio, seaworld, and then houston.
We also plan to go to the beach, maybe you know which one we should go from Houston ? (we were thinking to galveston not sure if it's the closest beach from Houston)
Old 01-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #2231
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
I like the idea of having important info, schedules, etc on page 1. That's how other roll call forums I've been a part of have had it in the past. Makes it easier to click on page one and look something up and reference to it. If Valbob is unable to do that or perhaps busy with something else maybe someone else would like to take on that task (not me). I'm sure she wouldn't mind and would understand.
I agree.

Here's my personal story. I started a meet thread for a Fantasy cruise in August of next year. I booked it and there was no thread started. So I started it. I've never started one before and I hadn't put any thought into it. Then I got busy with the holidays and such and didn't check back for three weeks. I was horrified to find that I was expected to keep track of roll call, etc and I was woefully behind . I am NOT that organized. I quickly caught up, but I also offered to give that thread over to someone else. I haven't had any takers . Anyway, my point is that I think I'm not alone in not keeping up. I have vowed to never start a meet thread again .

Anyway, when Valbob gets back I'm sure they'll update the first post. If they don't get back, we might be able to have a mod close this thread and start a new one (after making a link in the final post to the new thread). I think we should give it a few days and see if they get back. They might just be really busy and ready to update as soon as they get back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmhaase View Post
We have a FB page? How do I get there? How do I sign up for the FE? Thanks!
Those are the two things that are listed on the first post for anyone else checking in.

Quote:

5/25 - Semi Formal
5/29 - Formal night

5/20 - at sea
5/21 - Castaway Cay
5/22 - at sea
5/23 - at sea
5/26 - at sea
5/27 - at sea
5/28 - Madeira
5/30 - Gibraltar
5/31 - at sea

I agree. I'm not a big "joiner", but we'd definitely like to be a part of a few of the things. Especially the first meet and greet (I missed where that was talked about, I didn't realize one was being planned).
Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #2232
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

Would love some positive thoughts for tomorrow please. Have had a lump on my neck for a month, am having an ultrasound scan on it tomorrow. Hopefully it will be nothing to worry about, but am terrified, and my brain keeps running away with me.

Consequently I am slightly worried about all my plans, as don't currently have travel insurance (was waiting to take it out after my second bladder operation, which is next week, as thought it would be easier to get that out the way). Won't find out results til after paid in full date............

Anyway, nothing I can do now, and fingers crossed it will be nothing. Some positive vibes would be much appreciated though.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #2233
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl

I think that was Steven (?). I had made predictions for "fun" back in July on Facebook but I believe Steven spoke to DCL a day or two ago and shared his learnings somewhere.

Maybe any time we have pertinent info, we ask ValBob to please update on first post of thread so all updates are kept there? I believe kirbo has sent a message to them.

I have proposed an idea of new thread setup once we hit 200 pages, and had also suggested that idea back in the summer, whereas all pertinent info can be kept on page one. Had a couple positive replies from a few on thread regarding that but no definitive answer. Not sure all folks like having all the important info on page one in one easy-to-find-place.

ETA: Here's the post and link of the suggestion I posted again recently:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2169
Definitely agree that it would be very useful for useful info to be kept on the front page! Thanks Mandy

Heather, I believe nobody else can edit the front page as Valbob started this thread? Please somebody correct me if I am wrong - so sorry if I am Heather
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #2234
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819
I have last year navigators scanned in color if anyone has interest in them I can post them if I can figure out how to do it. They are in PDF format. I know I posted them previously but they were in black and white and not very legible. These are a much cleaner copy.
Yes please Heather if it's not too much trouble? Would really appreciate it
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

Old 01-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #2235
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper
Would love some positive thoughts for tomorrow please. Have had a lump on my neck for a month, am having an ultrasound scan on it tomorrow. Hopefully it will be nothing to worry about, but am terrified, and my brain keeps running away with me.

Consequently I am slightly worried about all my plans, as don't currently have travel insurance (was waiting to take it out after my second bladder operation, which is next week, as thought it would be easier to get that out the way). Won't find out results til after paid in full date............

Anyway, nothing I can do now, and fingers crossed it will be nothing. Some positive vibes would be much appreciated though.
Oh hun, bucket loads of pixie dust being sent your way. I know it is so easy to say, but try not to worry. Please let us know how you are as soon as you can. *hugs and fingers crossed* xxxx

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: