Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #2206
binkytell
DIS Veteran

I wrote agreed , which I did agree with goofy that you were being harsh!!

PLEASE do not misquote me. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
Really? So, people changing airline tickets (referencing the comments) ... IS NOT scaring anyone ... even when they reference not wanting to miss part of the cruise?

One thing I can say for sure ... providing incorrect information (missing 11 days) is not a warning.

ADDING STRESS? Me? Uhhh ... so, warning (not MY words) someone they could miss their flight by flying the same day ISN'T stressful? CHANGING their reservation because of the warning ISN'T stressful? But, pointing out common sense ... number of segments, weather, and holding the ship for airfare booked through cruise line IS stressful.

Maybe we should all drive to the airport two days before the flight ... to avoid stress?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #2207
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Just found our flights from Barcelona for $500 (roundtrip ticket though) So excited.
That is awesome!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 12:35 AM   #2208
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramfrog View Post
We are leaving on the Magic this week (9 nights) . Our FE is organized to be 9 in a group so that each day one family is assigned to deliver. Maybe if this 14 night voyage has 14 families in each FE group? Just sayin'
I'm not doing FE, so don't have a dog in this fight...but I don't like it when we are told when to deliver our stuff. Sorry, but prior to the cruise we have no idea what is happening when.

Again, whatever works for the participants.....
Old 01-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #2209
Grandma x3
DIS Veteran

Been busy and Wow - this thread has been active!
Welcome to all the newcomers - and sadly farewell to those who had to cancel!

1st - since I'm traveling alone I would love to be included in late linked dining - it would be wonderful to be dining along with those I've come to know. So far the only one I've actually met is kaseyC (Henrietta) from the 2007 WBTA. However, from this thread & our facebook page - I can't wait to meet so many of you - I anticipate just too much fun on this cruise!!

2nd - yes - I would like to join the walk (not run) - have walked deck 4 on every cruise I've been on - and the am walk is a great start to the work out at the gym

I'm all set except for finding a hotel for myself for 1 night in Barcelona and a hotel for 2 nights in London for my DH, DGS and me.

Good night all - I'll try to do better in keeping up !!

Chris

Old 01-15-2013, 01:28 AM   #2210
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

wow

whew, you folks have been VERY chatty!!

We finally have all the Christmas decorations away, are getting ready to book our Palo etc for this cruise. Our wedding planner had a busy weekend for us last weekend, and we have a busy one planned for NEXT weekend. That being said - just checking in to see what is new.

About the FE exchange - we are going to give to all, so however it is broken up is fine by us. This whole process sounds like it is getting more confusing than is necessary. I guess the organizer needs to clarify - my understanding is that it is ONE gift given (to each cabin or person - that is up to the giver) for the cruise. Not multiples. I have heard (from a participant in my last cruise) that some folks like to have a set date/day for delivery. I guess this is to spread the gifts out over the whole cruise. We were prefer that NOT be the case, since we often take mutliple days to do the whole ship. Having delivered 235 gifts on one cruise alone - I can tell you - it CAN be done! We had a blast doing it and it only took about 3 hours on the Fantasy.

I know that somewhere on the FB page someone had suggested the days for the formal and semi-formal dinners - could that be posted here as well? I don't keep up on the FB page (my hunny does that one) and while I am at work I can't access FB at all.

We are early dining, not linking. We asked to be seated at a table without children (our choice - nothing against kids - we just prefer to eat with the big kids!) DVC put that request in for us, but we will confirm it once onboard.

We got the airfare resolved - we are less stressed now. Since we are not changing planes in Chicago, we are pretty sure we won't have an issue. But we have to purchase more weight from Easy Jet now.

We are driving to Phili after I graduate that morning at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford,NJ...what a whirlwind!!

See you all in May!!!

Cayla
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 AM   #2211
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Just wondering how many of us are staying at the IAH Marriott the night before the cruise?

Taking DCL transportation?
We're staying at the IAH Marriott and taking the transfer from there - both booked via Disney. We'll be getting in very late though
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
Old 01-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #2212
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
ADDING STRESS? Me?
Quote:
but, unknowingly scaring someone into thinking they WILL miss the ship if they fly on embarkation day isn't appropriate ... NOR is it appropriate to scare people into thinking they will not be able to board the ship until the 11th day.

Steven
Yes, you. No one said anyone WILL miss the ship. You stressed what someone said to change the connotation beyond what I'm sure people meant.

We're here trying to help each other. Maybe even sometimes we'll share wrong information and we'd appreciate a positive correction. You're obviously a really smart guy and you can tie us all up in knots with your posts on this topic but I'm sure we'd all just rather benefit from the wealth of your experience.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #2213
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carys View Post
We're staying at the IAH Marriott and taking the transfer from there - both booked via Disney. We'll be getting in very late though
We are getting in late too.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #2214
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
I know that somewhere on the FB page someone had suggested the days for the formal and semi-formal dinners - could that be posted here as well? I don't keep up on the FB page (my hunny does that one) and while I am at work I can't access FB at all.
I think that was Steven (?). I had made predictions for "fun" back in July on Facebook but I believe Steven spoke to DCL a day or two ago and shared his learnings somewhere.

Maybe any time we have pertinent info, we ask ValBob to please update on first post of thread so all updates are kept there? I believe kirbo has sent a message to them.

I have proposed an idea of new thread setup once we hit 200 pages, and had also suggested that idea back in the summer, whereas all pertinent info can be kept on page one. Had a couple positive replies from a few on thread regarding that but no definitive answer. Not sure all folks like having all the important info on page one in one easy-to-find-place.

ETA: Here's the post and link of the suggestion I posted again recently:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2169

Last edited by MandyGirl; 01-15-2013 at 09:13 AM. Reason: added link to helping organize info
Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #2215
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I think that was Steven (?). I had made predictions for "fun" back in July on Facebook but I believe Steven spoke to DCL a day or two ago and shared his learnings somewhere.

Maybe any time we have pertinent info, we ask ValBob to please update on first post of thread so all updates are kept there? I believe kirbo has sent a message to them.

I have proposed an idea of new thread setup once we hit 200 pages, and had also suggested that idea back in the summer, whereas all pertinent info can be kept on page one. Had a couple positive replies from a few on thread regarding that but no definitive answer. Not sure all folks like having all the important info on page one in one easy-to-find-place.
I would love all the info on one page! Or at least links to that info. I'm now trying to keep up with this thread, but it's hopping! And sifting through it is not that easy. Having a FB page is nice, but I know a lot of folks don't go there, so it seems like this might be the best place to keep up to date.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #2216
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
We were on a cruise with 100 cabins in an FE group (we dropped out--that's too much for me). On other cruises, we split the group into 20-30 cabins when there were more that wanted to participate. In my opinion, 20 cabins is just about perfect. It takes A LOT of time to walk around the ship to all those cabins! More than 30 is just too much work and expense. But...I'm not getting into this one. Whatever you guys think is what goes! Just sharing experiences..

I am with you, 20 seems just about perfect Thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #2217
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

I like the idea of having important info, schedules, etc on page 1. That's how other roll call forums I've been a part of have had it in the past. Makes it easier to click on page one and look something up and reference to it. If Valbob is unable to do that or perhaps busy with something else maybe someone else would like to take on that task (not me). I'm sure she wouldn't mind and would understand.

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #2218
hmhaase
Earning My Ears

We have a FB page? How do I get there? How do I sign up for the FE? Thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #2219
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
:

If any of you are interested in letting the girls get in touch, I loved having pen pals when I was younger lol, just pm me and we can swap email addresses.

My daughter Beth is 11.
My DD is 12, will be 13 by the time we cruise, she may be interested, but sometimes she doesn't like it when I interfere so let me ask her first.

We are on Late dining also. With all of us at late dining we won't need linking we will take up the whole dining rooms anyway , but count is in for linked dining as well.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #2220
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Even if split into cabins I will keep the numbers of people the same in each group or near enough
Thanks! Now just to figure it out

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: