Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #2071
Viking_53
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyra's mommy View Post
Hi Mandy!

We have late dining too. We actually had main dining but the Disney TA convinced me to change to late because of the time change and the kids club. I had no idea, so I was really grateful to her for the advice. Hopefully, they'll put us close to you and maybe we'll still get another family to sit with us.
We'd be interested in linking up with others for dining as well. We have main dining, and our daughter (5) gets pretty hungry by 5:30PM. I'm not sure if the time change would make a lot of difference. Do we actually lose 1 hour/day as we go across the Atlantic on the 6 sea days? I don't know if any of us can wait until 8:00 PM to eat
Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #2072
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking_53 View Post
We'd be interested in linking up with others for dining as well. We have main dining, and our daughter (5) gets pretty hungry by 5:30PM. I'm not sure if the time change would make a lot of difference. Do we actually lose 1 hour/day as we go across the Atlantic on the 6 sea days? I don't know if any of us can wait until 8:00 PM to eat
Between Galveston and Barcelona, I believe we will be losing an hour on seven different evenings (the first is prior to Castaway Cay). An 8:30pm dining will end up being 1:30 by disembarkation. We have a 6- and 2- year old and chose late dining for that reason. We try to grab fruit at Goofy's Galley or something nutritious for them if they get hungry earlier. They did do pretty well with late dining on the WBTA, even with the time change going the opposite direction.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #2073
Viking_53
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Between Galveston and Barcelona, I believe we will be losing an hour on seven different evenings (the first is prior to Castaway Cay). An 8:30pm dining will end up being 1:30 by disembarkation. We have a 6- and 2- year old and chose late dining for that reason. We try to grab fruit at Goofy's Galley or something nutritious for them if they get hungry earlier. They did do pretty well with late dining on the WBTA, even with the time change going the opposite direction.
Thanks for the (quick) reply. I've sent a note off to our travel agent to ask about this.

I'll reiterate that we wouldn't mind meeting up with some people here (whether it be early or late dining). On our last (and it was our first) cruise, we were able to have both sets of Grandparents join us on the cruise, so we had a table of 7 each night.

To summarize, it will be myself (50), DW Marci (44), and my daughter Alyssa (5).

Thanks,

Chuck
Old 01-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #2074
kyra's mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking_53 View Post
Thanks for the (quick) reply. I've sent a note off to our travel agent to ask about this.

I'll reiterate that we wouldn't mind meeting up with some people here (whether it be early or late dining). On our last (and it was our first) cruise, we were able to have both sets of Grandparents join us on the cruise, so we had a table of 7 each night.

To summarize, it will be myself (50), DW Marci (44), and my daughter Alyssa (5).

Thanks,

Chuck
Hi Chuck,

I don't know how large the tables can be. Just today, we linked up with two other families for sure and a possible third. I haven't heard for sure if nitrame is going to link up with us. So for right now, we have 11. I would certainly be open to making the group larger if it's possible. Feel free to contact me.

Erica
Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #2075
BigHugsForEeyore
DIS Veteran

Hi

My Mum and I just booked this cruise tonight and we have second seating dining.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone

I also sent a request for the FB page.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #2076
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
This is contradictory ... limiting the number of staterooms, but going back to make multiple deliveries to the same staterooms? It is not uncommon for groups to have 60 staterooms, and/or 100+ guests (on a 7-night cruise). Each FE group is different ... some have different suggestions (I do not call them rules). Some individuals prefer to give individual gifts to each person in the group, while others give one gift per stateroom. On a 7-night cruise, we typically hand out FE's, breaking the ship into different groups (different decks, depending on who is participating). On the larger ships, it does not take more than 30 minutes per day, over 2-3 days.

Giving multiple gifts to specific individuals over multiple days closely resembles a Secret Mickey ... though that is usually for a single person or stateroom, versus multiple staterooms. Of course, anyone and everyone is able to do as they wish.

Steven

When we were on the EBTA in 2011, Most people (including me) gave more than one gift for FE. Small stuff, like chapstick, small toys, candy, or magnets, but did so multiple times over the 2 week period. It is my understanding that Secret Mickey is one larger gift with a dollar amount of something along the lines of 20 dollars, not small gifts. To each his own though, it just seems more fun on a longer cruise to have the excitement last for the whole thing, not be over with in a couple of days. I don't think ANYONE wants to do an FE group with 60 cabins or 100 individuals. WOW, that would just be too much work I could be wrong though who knows.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #2077
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyra's mommy View Post
Hi Chuck,

I don't know how large the tables can be. Just today, we linked up with two other families for sure and a possible third. I haven't heard for sure if nitrame is going to link up with us. So for right now, we have 11. I would certainly be open to making the group larger if it's possible. Feel free to contact me.

Erica
Previously when linking, I have been told on the phone the largest is 12 but if doing 16 they will split into 8 and 8. Not sure if that is accurate though.

Here is a thread of other scenarios for the Magic: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2482648
Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #2078
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Welcome Aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHugsForEeyore View Post
Hi

Old 01-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #2079
hmhaase
Earning My Ears

We are joining you all on this cruise. We can't wait. I have been reading the thread and we also would like to link up with some one for dinner possibly. It is myself, DH, and DD(6). I saw someone else mention they were doing southwest from Denver, that is how we are getting to houston as well. I found a one way rental for only $60 to galveston. How much is the DCL transfers? And when I had called they said they had no transportation from Hobby? If anybody is interested in having dinner, we are right now signed up for the late dining. Thanks
Old 01-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #2080
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi

Welcome aboard!!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #2081
kyra's mommy
Mouseketeer

Welcome aboard BigHugsForEeyore and hmhaase!!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #2082
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmhaase View Post
We are joining you all on this cruise. We can't wait. I have been reading the thread and we also would like to link up with some one for dinner possibly. It is myself, DH, and DD(6). I saw someone else mention they were doing southwest from Denver, that is how we are getting to houston as well. I found a one way rental for only $60 to galveston. How much is the DCL transfers? And when I had called they said they had no transportation from Hobby? If anybody is interested in having dinner, we are right now signed up for the late dining. Thanks
Welcome aboard!!

DCL has given conflicting info over the months via phone and email. sigh. I resorted to renting a one-way car with Enterprise after landing at Hobby a few months back. We flew into Hobby in November for our DCL Magic cruise then; love the smaller airport.

Our daughter is also 6 when cruising! We're taking her out of the last 9 days of kindergarten for the year.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #2083
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Hi

Welcome!! It's awesome to see more and more folks joining!
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 01-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #2084
kaseyC

DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Previously when linking, I have been told on the phone the largest is 12 but if doing 16 they will split into 8 and 8. Not sure if that is accurate though.

Here is a thread of other scenarios for the Magic: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2482648
Thanks for the link!
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #2085
kaseyC

DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmhaase View Post
Welcome! The more the merrier!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: