Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #2011
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyra's mommy View Post
I also wanted to add that we would love to sit with people who have children. My son is very social but my daughter is SHY. Once she gets to know you she'll open up but if she doesn't get the chance she'll be very quiet THE WHOLE TRIP. I'd be really grateful to sit with other children so that she has the opportunity to make friends. When we were on the Wonder for a whole week she wouldn't even go in the kids program. We enjoyed being with the kids but were a little sad that we didn't get any grown up time.
My DDs are 12 and 10. My 12yr old sounds a lot like your DD. My 10yr old is much more outgoing and it really helps her sister open up. I'm hoping since there will not be a massive amount of children on this cruise that my 10yr old can go to the Edge with her sister or have her sister move down to the lab with her.

Is your 10 yr old a 4th grader?
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #2012
kyra's mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
My DDs are 12 and 10. My 12yr old sounds a lot like your DD. My 10yr old is much more outgoing and it really helps her sister open up. I'm hoping since there will not be a massive amount of children on this cruise that my 10yr old can go to the Edge with her sister or have her sister move down to the lab with her.

Is your 10 yr old a 4th grader?
Hi Kasey,

Lol, I was sending you a PM at the same time you were responding to me. So funny. Yes, my 10 yr old is a 4th grader. I think they'll let them do that. When we TRIED to get our kids to go to the clubs they were able to go in the same one and they have a full five years age difference.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #2013
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
By the time dessert came, I'll bet Kirby was stuffed.

Woody
Old 01-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #2014
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

I believe smaller groups are better. For those that are doing more than one gift to give over the 2 weeks, going to 15 cabins 3 times over 2 weeks is time consuming. I would limit it to 30 people (adults and kids included) per group, and not so much how many cabins.

Although I will do what ever the consensus is

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Of course we can decide Sara.

How many cabins will we split the groups into for the Fish Extender?

How about 15, 20, 25???

Will go with majority of the people who respond to this
Old 01-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #2015
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Hi Kasey,

Lol, I was sending you a PM at the same time you were responding to me. So funny. Yes, my 10 yr old is a 4th grader. I think they'll let them do that. When we TRIED to get our kids to go to the clubs they were able to go in the same one and they have a full five years age difference.
My 12yr old is a 6th grader and 10yr old a 4th grader.

I figured they probably would let them be together.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #2016
ThePedersonFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Of course we can decide Sara.

How many cabins will we split the groups into for the Fish Extender?

How about 15, 20, 25???

Will go with majority of the people who respond to this
I like the idea of breaking into smaller groups and then allowing people to do more than one group if they choose to!!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #2017
kris3kid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Would anyone be intersted in a running club during this cruise? I was in charge of it on the EBPC. We meet the first morning and I passed out running logs for everyone. We meet in the mornings on deck 4 for our walk/run and those that wanted to do their workouts at a later time could and just filled out the log on their own. At the end of the cruise, I handed out certificated for those who hit a half marathon, marathon or ultra marathon while on board!

Let me know if there is any intersted. It looks like we will be joining you (DH too!)
I would be in for the walking!

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/]
Old 01-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #2018
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post

On our honeymoon, the service was not up to Disney standard and that is all I had to hear about from DH. He drinks lots and lots of water and his water glass was never filled at any meal. When we boarded the Fantasy in April, DH made a comment about how his water glass will be filled. Well we arrive at dinner and our servers were HORRIBLE. Couldn't understand them, orders were wrong, never got our drinks, etc. We weren't sure if we should complain and try to switch tables or what but we knew we couldn't deal with it for another 6 nights, we had heard others tables complain to the servers etc. Well we didn't do anything about it and arrived for dinner on night two and we had two new AMAZING servers! They were with us for the rest of the week! I am not sure how/why our first servers were removed or if another table got them (I would feel bad for those people) but we were just so thankful!

We were nervous on the first night of the EBPC (14 nights is a long time to be stuck with bad servers, they make or break a cruise for us) and we had WONDERFUL servers. It is my Mom's and niece's first time with DCL and they have been hearing how great the service is so hopefully we will get a great serve team.
Wow. It really impacts a cruise with the service team. I know I had responded on a thread about declining service with our experience, and was flamed on these boards as being "high maintenance", so I just learned to never say anything but absolute perfection about a Disney cruise. (Heck, two months prior I had camped in an 8x8 tent with my family of four with no running water or electricity... guess I really AM high maintenance.) We had other things that we noticed an inconsistency with, and DIS members would talk about something and see how different it could be.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #2019
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If anyone is still interested in having our dining reservations linked up, we would love to. Initially my parents were planning to come but they backed out so it'll just be the four of us, dh, me, dd10 and ds5. I think we'd be lonely, eating by ourselves for two weeks. So if anyone is still free and would like dining partners please contact me.
Are you guys doing early or late dining?

We are doing late because of the time changes and Dine-and-Play being offered with late dining only. Worth looking into. We were able to have it where literally most of our DIS group was in the same section of the dining room, so if kids not at same table, there were other DIS members the next table over. Of our table of 12... we have 5 kids ranging from "almost 3" to 10. Then they can go to Kids Club together when the CMs come through the dining room.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #2020
kyra's mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Are you guys doing early or late dining?

We are doing late because of the time changes and Dine-and-Play being offered with late dining only. Worth looking into. We were able to have it where literally most of our DIS group was in the same section of the dining room, so if kids not at same table, there were other DIS members the next table over. Of our table of 12... we have 5 kids ranging from "almost 3" to 10. Then they can go to Kids Club together when the CMs come through the dining room.
Hi Mandy!

We have late dining too. We actually had main dining but the Disney TA convinced me to change to late because of the time change and the kids club. I had no idea, so I was really grateful to her for the advice. Hopefully, they'll put us close to you and maybe we'll still get another family to sit with us.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #2021
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

We have late dining as well & have a 10 yr old DD she's in 4th grade. It's just the 3 of us so I hope they sit us with another family as well! In 2011 we were with another family with a DD same age & name as mine lol

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #2022
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris3kid View Post
I would be in for the walking!
Right there with ya girlfriend!! If anyone sees me running, please call police/security because that means something bad is going down! But seriously - count me in for walking.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #2023
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Mandy!

We have late dining too. We actually had main dining but the Disney TA convinced me to change to late because of the time change and the kids club. I had no idea, so I was really grateful to her for the advice. Hopefully, they'll put us close to you and maybe we'll still get another family to sit with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
We have late dining as well & have a 10 yr old DD she's in 4th grade. It's just the 3 of us so I hope they sit us with another family as well! In 2011 we were with another family with a DD same age & name as mine lol
Okay - I think Sarah (binkytell) has offered to coordinate. That would be great to be all in the same area for late dining!!! There were VERY few kids at late dining on WBTA, but of course the time change was going the opposite way. More kiddos will be great!

What she will have to submit is last name of primary passenger on reservation, and reservation number. She can request tables of certain sizes for different groups of reservation numbers, but put all groups as being grouped in same dining rotation. Will be done by email.

Show time... dinner... and hopefully all kiddos somewhere playing so we have after-dinner entertainment.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #2024
kyra's mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Okay - I think Sarah (binkytell) has offered to coordinate. That would be great to be all in the same area for late dining!!! There were VERY few kids at late dining on WBTA, but of course the time change was going the opposite way. More kiddos will be great!

What she will have to submit is last name of primary passenger on reservation, and reservation number. She can request tables of certain sizes for different groups of reservation numbers, but put all groups as being grouped in same dining rotation. Will be done by email.

Show time... dinner... and hopefully all kiddos somewhere playing so we have after-dinner entertainment.
Heather, I'll contact her for us. Hopefully, we can get this done.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #2025
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow. It really impacts a cruise with the service team. I know I had responded on a thread about declining service with our experience, and was flamed on these boards as being "high maintenance", so I just learned to never say anything but absolute perfection about a Disney cruise. (Heck, two months prior I had camped in an 8x8 tent with my family of four with no running water or electricity... guess I really AM high maintenance.) We had other things that we noticed an inconsistency with, and DIS members would talk about something and see how different it could be.
I hear ya! I love these boards for the meet threads but you can't say any negative about Disney on here. Disney is a company and they will not always be perfect and everyone is entitled to their own opionion. I do not think wanting a diet soda with dinner is high maintenance, I am sorry but if these people who flamed you went to their local TGI Friday's and never got the soda they ordered (and asked for many times) I am sure they would have a differant opionion on the matter but since this happened on a disney cruise, it is a differant story. Wanting a drink with dinner, be it water refill at Sandals or a soda on a Disney cruise, it not high maintenance. My best friend and her husband, who we were traveling with on the Fantasy, are both CM servers at WDW, and they had way more complaints than we did so we felt justified.

My family and friends would say that we are a very low maintenance couple.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: