Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #1981
dee slack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Hope you don't mind just had a Flickr through your beautiful pics, wow
They are amazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by p17blo View Post
Thanks - I need some motivation - I have around 2-300 more to process (of course some will be to bin), but to be honest I just got lazy. Nice feedback always give me a push.
wow! great photo's and great inspiration for the plentiful sea days.

Disney Vow Renewal Wedding Pavilion Dec 13th 2007
Visited EVERY Disney park on the planet!!

Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer & Canada 05/02 *Florida 12/02*tour of Italy 05/03 *Kenya safari 12/03 *US S'west states 05/04 *Dubai 12/04 *China & HK 05/05 *Barbados & Royal Clipper 12/05 *Sth Africa, Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 05/06 *India 12/ 06 *Iceland 05/07 *Florida 12/07 (VR) & 10/10* Baltic Cruise 05/11*Tanzania safari 12/11 * tour of Turkey 05/12* Japan tour & TDR 10/12* DCL EBTA 5/13 * HKDL, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand & Singapore 04/14 * Norway 5/14
Old 01-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #1982
margaretstahl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Linked dining

is anyone interested in linked dining??

Would you prefer dining with fellow dis'ers, on the 2011 wbta, there was a whole bunch of dis'ers linked as a group, dcl sat us all within tables of each other, made for some funny looks when we all arrived in the dining room with our mickey club house tshirts

If so I'm happy to co-ordinate,
I would love to eat with someone from our group but we can not request a server and also request to sit with other people. Giuseppe luppino was our waiter on our first cruise and second cruise. We have not had a server as good as he is on the other cruises we have taken. If anyone else wants a fabulous server just ask for Giuseppe luppino or his wife Esther. Both are great servers and people.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 PM   #1983
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretstahl View Post
I would love to eat with someone from our group but we can not request a server and also request to sit with other people.
That is good to know. We have 16 of us linked already with a server requested. Will be interested to see how it turns out.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #1984
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p17blo
As a Brit, and a former 'Londoner' (Most people think I still am as I seem to carry the accent!), I'd be happy to give you recommendations etc of places to see, stay, visit, eat at etc - If anyone is planning a stop in London, just let me know what you would like to do and I'll give you the benefit of my experience (which of course you are more than welcome to ignore )
You swapped London for Coventry?! :P
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-13-2013, 04:33 AM   #1985
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell
Linked dining

is anyone interested in linked dining??

Would you prefer dining with fellow dis'ers, on the 2011 wbta, there was a whole bunch of dis'ers linked as a group, dcl sat us all within tables of each other, made for some funny looks when we all arrived in the dining room with our mickey club house tshirts

If so I'm happy to co-ordinate,
I think I'll get the funniest looks when I wear my ears to dinner every night - even formal night. DB already thinks I'm crazy for just suggesting that and he already knows me! :D
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #1986
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretstahl View Post
I would love to eat with someone from our group but we can not request a server and also request to sit with other people. Giuseppe luppino was our waiter on our first cruise and second cruise. We have not had a server as good as he is on the other cruises we have taken. If anyone else wants a fabulous server just ask for Giuseppe luppino or his wife Esther. Both are great servers and people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
That is good to know. We have 16 of us linked already with a server requested. Will be interested to see how it turns out.

Does that mean our request won't go through then Mandy??

That 16 will be going down to 12 on the plus side we may get captains table again
Old 01-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #1987
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
You swapped London for Coventry?! :P

Old 01-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #1988
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I'll get the funniest looks when I wear my ears to dinner every night - even formal night. DB already thinks I'm crazy for just suggesting that and he already knows me! :D

I wouldn't give a second glance

Seriously on the wbta there was a couple who carried a life size bear around, to castaway cay, to the pool and each night In the dining room it had its own seat and ate lots of mickey bars , I heard there was a story around it but not sure what it was.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #1989
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That 16 will be going down to 12 on the plus side we may get captains table again
Oooo what's the captains table?

Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #1990
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's worth a shot -- I just know we can't have the two we had on WBTA for 14 nights in a row, and we already know one is still onboard. It was kinda nice on our November cruise to have beverages not go empty, no orders get messed up (every.single.night.), and my child to have the DCL Magical dining room service like I had read that Disney was to be known for. The service you and I experienced was not up to par with the other three cruiselines we had sailed multiple times, but now I have seen how Disney *can* be.

The server I requested had told me they can group tables together in any section, so if 12 again we could be a table of 12 in a different location of dining room.

I believe last time when making the request, they listed cabins of who wanted to be seated together, but a full list of everyone wanting the same dining rotation. Emailed it in. Last names and reservation numbers. We didn't have any server requests last time.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #1991
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Seriously on the wbta there was a couple who carried a life size bear around, to castaway cay, to the pool and each night In the dining room it had its own seat and ate lots of mickey bars , I heard there was a story around it but not sure what it was.
Omg, would have to loved to know what it was!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #1992
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not sure if that was the official name, but it was a table of 12 in center of dining room near the aft. Large oval table. Wonderful table and location, but we just got the most inefficient servers I had ever experienced on 10 cruises. Nightly mistakes, over half-hour to get first appetizer even when all showing up on time, drinks often went empty, and we never had any of the "kid things" you read about on the boards that Disney is known for. We finally asked if we could just have milk and fruit on the table for the younger kiddos, but that was even hard to accomplish. We often ended up feeding our youngest junk food upstairs before going to dinner because it was just too long for her to sit before anything came from the kitchen. We'd see tables all around us seated after us, but getting first course long before us each night. Kirby the Bear even got better service two tables away.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #1993
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

I should probably add the asst server we had was on her second contract -- first was on the Dream but she was moved to Magic not by her choice. I asked our server this past November about her and was told she was no longer with Disney at all. And yes... we did express concerns to head waiter during cruise about lack of efficiency at our table vs tables around us... and day 7 saw improvement but still not up to the Disney standards we had read about so much on these boards. Inaccurate orders and empty beverage/water glasses should be the exception on a Disney cruise, not the norm imho.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #1994
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I wouldn't give a second glance either!

Kirby the Bear..... ahhhhh.... the bear who servers carried through the buffet for the owners but a mom juggling a little one and a tray was far-fetched to get help... I was always jealous of Kirby a couple tables over already getting his Mickey Bar for dessert at dinner but we were still waiting on our main course. He had the system down.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #1995
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:

not as exciting as it sounded it certainly didnt get us better service

i never had a problem with the assistant server, my glass was always full., i did feel she was carrying the server a little and was trying to compensate his failings instead of just doing her own job

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: