Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #1966
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Would anyone be intersted in a running club during this cruise? I was in charge of it on the EBPC. We meet the first morning and I passed out running logs for everyone. We meet in the mornings on deck 4 for our walk/run and those that wanted to do their workouts at a later time could and just filled out the log on their own. At the end of the cruise, I handed out certificated for those who hit a half marathon, marathon or ultra marathon while on board!

Let me know if there is any intersted. It looks like we will be joining you (DH too!)
Interesting idea. I was re-watching the Disney Cruise planning video this morning on a laptop as the power was out and I saw the tiny bit with the 2 people running down the deck and vowed to myself I'd have to try it. I'm tempted but it's going to depend how much longer this car accident plagues me.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #1967
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
Due to some scheduling problems, we will not be joining you on this cruise. We were able to book a transatlantic on RCL which will fit my suddenly rearranged schedule. I wish you all a wonderful trip!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I'm sorry you won't be cruising with us, but I'm sure you'll have a great time on RCI. If nothing else, your new cruise probably has a better itinerary than DCL's!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #1968
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

We're PIF!

How much of a pain is the whole FE thing if people upgrade at the port? I guess that's what the whiteboard organizer is for? We all confirm room numbers after the start of the cruise?

Has anyone done EBTA and gotten a upgrade at the port?

BTW, if anyone's watching the roll coll, we zoomed past 60 while I was in London. We're at 64! A few people notified me directly of dropping out however so they've been removed.

https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...home/roll-call
Old 01-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #1969
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

I'm sorry you won't be cruising with us, but I'm sure you'll have a great time on RCI. If nothing else, your new cruise probably has a better itinerary than DCL's!
Yes, it does. Sails for Southampton from San Juan on 4/21 with stops at St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Bart's, St. Lucia and the Azores. No Castaway Cay though . My next Disney cruise doesn't stop there either, on less they make a BIG change to the Alaska itinerary LOL!!!

Beth

Old 01-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #1970
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952

Yes, it does. Sails for Southampton from San Juan on 4/21 with stops at St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Bart's, St. Lucia and the Azores. No Castaway Cay though . My next Disney cruise doesn't stop there either, unless they make a BIG change to the Alaska itinerary LOL!!!

Beth

Old 01-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #1971
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952

Yes, it does. Sails for Southampton from San Juan on 4/21 with stops at St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Bart's, St. Lucia and the Azores. No Castaway Cay though . My next Disney cruise doesn't stop there either, on less they make a BIG change to the Alaska itinerary LOL!!!

Beth

We will miss sailing with you again but am so jealous you are going to St. Lucia. That is where Michael and I honeymooned and we LOVED it! If you plan on hiking the Pitons, bring lots and lots of water and food! It was the most intense hike I have ever done ( and I have backpacked through the Alps). I didn't think Michael was going to make it to the top and he was in Marathon shape. Also, don't arrange a tour on your own, go through the cruise. The roads and infrastructure are in poor shape and roads will collapse and close in the rain with no other way back. Our resort ended up having to helicopter people to the airport a few times. Enjoy!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #1972
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post

Beth

Wow Beth that sounds fab, very jealous now

Have a great trip
Old 01-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #1973
p17blo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking_53 View Post
The only think that was a surprise for me using miles was that you have to pay the taxes on flights out of the US. The taxes are determined by what country you are flying out of. It turned out the UK
Tell me about it - We Brits have been screaming at our government for years. The departure taxes are going up almost yearly. It's incredible!

Old 01-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #1974
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Linked dining

is anyone interested in linked dining??

Would you prefer dining with fellow dis'ers, on the 2011 wbta, there was a whole bunch of dis'ers linked as a group, dcl sat us all within tables of each other, made for some funny looks when we all arrived in the dining room with our mickey club house tshirts

If so I'm happy to co-ordinate,
Old 01-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #1975
p17blo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Linked dining

is anyone interested in linked dining??

Would you prefer dining with fellow dis'ers, on the 2011 wbta, there was a whole bunch of dis'ers linked as a group, dcl sat us all within tables of each other, made for some funny looks when we all arrived in the dining room with our mickey club house tshirts

If so I'm happy to co-ordinate,
I haven't done anything on this yet, but happy to dine with fellow Dis'ers - Hey if you gotta sit with someone may as well have something in common - LOL

Old 01-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #1976
p17blo
DIS Veteran

As a Brit, and a former 'Londoner' (Most people think I still am as I seem to carry the accent!), I'd be happy to give you recommendations etc of places to see, stay, visit, eat at etc - If anyone is planning a stop in London, just let me know what you would like to do and I'll give you the benefit of my experience (which of course you are more than welcome to ignore )

Old 01-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #1977
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p17blo View Post
Tell me about it - We Brits have been screaming at our government for years. The departure taxes are going up almost yearly. It's incredible!

Hope you don't mind just had a Flickr through your beautiful pics, wow
They are amazing
Old 01-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #1978
p17blo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Hope you don't mind just had a Flickr through your beautiful pics, wow
They are amazing
Thanks - I need some motivation - I have around 2-300 more to process (of course some will be to bin), but to be honest I just got lazy. Nice feedback always give me a push.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #1979
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p17blo View Post
I haven't done anything on this yet, but happy to dine with fellow Dis'ers - Hey if you gotta sit with someone may as well have something in common - LOL
Your right It's always a starting point to break the ice

I actually met up before our WBta cruise in glasgow with a fellow dis'ers,
When I told friends they thought I was mad
Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #1980
belle2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
I don't mind doing my own research but I keep getting stuck trying to find the right website. There are so many resellers or something.

Can you point me in the direction of the best website to use?
You can try with http://www.voyages-sncf.com/
It's the main website for train in France, but you can plan a trainride between Barcelona and Belgium or Swiss.
If you want to see french alpes you should try Chamonix or Grenoble (but it's not as closed from the moutain as Chamonix)
I f you need info about the Alpes we live just near them, so let me know
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: