Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #1951
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Would anyone be intersted in a running club during this cruise? I was in charge of it on the EBPC. We meet the first morning and I passed out running logs for everyone. We meet in the mornings on deck 4 for our walk/run and those that wanted to do their workouts at a later time could and just filled out the log on their own. At the end of the cruise, I handed out certificated for those who hit a half marathon, marathon or ultra marathon while on board!

Let me know if there is any intersted. It looks like we will be joining you (DH too!)
im hoping to get the running bug, my new year resolution was to up my exercise, plus my sister in law is turning 40 and she is trying to get as many people to sign up for half marathon in october.

so if i do start i will definately sign up as that would be my motivator/kick up the butt i need to keep it up

Last edited by binkytell; 01-12-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #1952
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
went to a family indoor fun area today, oh my (x*&%*$) i flew off a
slide, landed right on my coccyx, im sure its fractured, i cant move

thats what the big kid inside me gets
Yowie! I had coccydynia back when I was pg. You gotta buy the pillow that looks like a wedge of cheese with a U cut out on the fat side. Don't get the donut pillow. My butt feels your pain!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #1953
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Binkytell, gentle hugs to you

Quote:
Would anyone be intersted in a running club during this cruise? I was in charge of it on the EBPC. We meet the first morning and I passed out running logs for everyone. We meet in the mornings on deck 4 for our walk/run and those that wanted to do their workouts at a later time could and just filled out the log on their own. At the end of the cruise, I handed out certificated for those who hit a half marathon, marathon or ultra marathon while on board!

Let me know if there is any intersted. It looks like we will be joining you (DH too!)
I'd be interested! I tried running on the Wonder on our first cruise and it hurt my knees something awful. Our second cruise I made sure to walk two miles a day and hit the gym. Name the time and I'll be there
Old 01-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #1954
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner

My DB would be really interested in that
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #1955
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

If DCL is looking at a 6-week dry dock for the Wonder in Europe, they wouldn't begin it in early August.

Princess and Royal Caribbean have had major dry docks of some of their ships in Victoria, BC.
I'm from the UK so Europe isn't that bad to travel too - even for 3 nights. So would rather the Wonder be over here as I would have already been on the Magic. Although I wouldn't have the holiday days for it - I already have a US road trip booked for 2014 and we are planning for Tokyo Disneyland which excites us more then another Disney cruise for now!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #1956
Viking_53
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbru View Post
Are you sure? DCL told us that they are transporting from Bush only????? That was the only reason we booked a flight on United instead of Southwest!
Our travel agent called DCL and confirmed that they are running transportation from Hobby through our Transatlantic cruise. They asked for our flight information, and our reservation has our transportation listed from Hobby.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #1957
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Besides limos.com, does anyone have a recommendation for transportation from IAH? We are a party of 6, so private works best.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #1958
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post
Never been before. The truth be the Caribbean, Alaska and Mexican Rivera are the only cruise destinations out of the 20 or so we have done. Everything you can advise us about would be great. We are flying right to London after the cruise and spending 2 nights.
Hey gonecrusin, sorry for the late reply. Been out of commission travelling and got back just before a 2 day blizzard that knocked out power.

I'm a Canadian that's been travelling back and forth to London for about 6 months now for work. There's lots of stuff to do. With 2 days, you're going to have to really get choosy to decide what to do. Do you want to see museums, castles, trendy stuff, etc. I've been to many of the museums and quite a few of the in-town touristy things.

I know nothing about your likes and dislikes, but if I knew what I knew now but had never been to London, I would do 1 day of hop-on-hop-off bus (Original Tours?) and one country-side tour (Premier Tours). I'd probably do the windsor castle/stonehenge tour. It's so easy to walk around London but the hop-on/hop-off will give you good narration. And here's a tip for that - if you're not getting a good narration, hop off and hop on the very next bus. I'd say about 2/3 of the guides are good.

My wife's never been to London so this is approximately what we are going to do. We have 1 extra day than you.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #1959
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvet View Post
But if you want to know more about the trainride straight or thru the Alphes let me know and i will check it for you!!
I don't mind doing my own research but I keep getting stuck trying to find the right website. There are so many resellers or something.

Can you point me in the direction of the best website to use?
Old 01-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #1960
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Small seats are the worst! I flew a domestic flight (in China) on ChinaAir once and it was HORRIBLE. I couldn’t even get into the seat. I am tall for a female (6’) and while I am not huge, I am an engineer and not a model for a reason! I couldn’t get into the seat in either direction. Worst two hour flight ever. The seats were just not meant for someone my size. Lesson learned, the rest of my flights, I flew first class. I could not have survived that way on an international flight. Thanks for the tip, I will try and avoid SAS.
I'll second SAS having small seats. I had to fly in Europe on them once and when I tried to sit down, my knees hit the seat in front before my butt hit the seat. That was a bad 6 hours...
Old 01-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #1961
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Due to some scheduling problems, we will not be joining you on this cruise. We were able to book a transatlantic on RCL which will fit my suddenly rearranged schedule. I wish you all a wonderful trip!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #1962
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=queenbee99;47146479]Thanks! I went to their site and at first was able to book to Houston but now can't even get anything to come up besides from Barcelona to Iceland. It keeps saying invalid airport. Do you know anyone that has flown with Iceland Air? Read any reviews? I was wondering how their service/flight was. thanks![QUOTE=MandyGirl;47141117]

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned or you figured it out yet, but their website works kind of weird. Keep trying different options. It took me a while to figure out the right things to pick to make the right flight paths show up.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #1963
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
I'm not sure if this was already mentioned or you figured it out yet, but their website works kind of weird. Keep trying different options. It took me a while to figure out the right things to pick to make the right flight paths show up.
Yep - it was also funny how you could book a one-way but come up with other options, sometimes cheaper, for a stopover. Figured that helped the hotel cost for us.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #1964
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Due to a variety of scheduling issues, we will not be joining you on this cruise. We were able to book a transatlantic on RCL in April, which will work with my new schedule.

I wish you all a magical cruise!

Beth
Old 01-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #1965
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Thanks, Mandy. I was having a horrible time with their web site....but I'm working on it!
Again, I'm still behind and catching up. Hopefully it's not all dealt with.

I found there comes a moment with Iceland Air's website where you finally understand why it's working the way it is and you say "aha!". After that, it's much better going. But, I couldn't to save my life explain what that "aha" moment is. Keep trying.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: