Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #1921
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Thank you for doing that! I understand we are to volunteer for only one activity so everyone has a chance to participate, which is why I was not added to the events I had offered to coordinate previously.
I had no idea this was the case, there is people already organising/co-ordinating more than 1 activity/project, so is this stil the case??

is it not best now 4 months out that we just have someone to do it, if they can take it on i dont see the problem.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #1922
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
I had no idea this was the case, there is people already organising/co-ordinating more than 1 activity/project, so is this stil the case??

is it not best now 4 months out that we just have someone to do it, if they can take it on i dont see the problem.
Oops....quoted wrong post!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #1923
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The port calendars she found did show the Magic. Someone on that FB thread had asked about the Wonder, but what you have said makes sense. Either way, a Disney ship doing a possible WBTA...
If it were the Wonder going to Europe in 2014, it would be difficult to have a major dry dock in Europe and do a WBTA in early September.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #1924
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

I posted on another thread why I think the Wonder will go to Alaska and the Magic will go to Europe in 2014 - just as they have done in the past: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1508 The Wonder can go through an extensive dry dock on the west coast, just as ships on other cruise lines have done.
If the Wonder was to go to Europe, I would be very very tempted to push back our Tokyo Disneyland trip in 2014.
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #1925
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell

I agree, especially as some people haven't been back to the thread for a while. Did you PM those two people as well that you asked if they were still around the other day on here?

That may be the most confusing sentence ever - sorry :P
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

Old 01-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #1926
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

If it were the Wonder going to Europe in 2014, it would be difficult to have a major dry dock in Europe and do a WBTA in early September.
Unless they didn't do as many cruises in Europe possibly? Is it possible to do a big as dry dock that they are doing on the Magic elsewhere?

Old 01-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #1927
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
If the Wonder was to go to Europe, I would be very very tempted to push back our Tokyo Disneyland trip in 2014.
You would go to Europe on the Wonder but not the Magic in 2014? While Wonder could go to Europe, I don't think the Magic would go to Alaska.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #1928
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Unless they didn't do as many cruises in Europe possibly? Is it possible to do a big as dry dock that they are doing on the Magic elsewhere?
If DCL is looking at a 6-week dry dock for the Wonder in Europe, they wouldn't begin it in early August.

Princess and Royal Caribbean have had major dry docks of some of their ships in Victoria, BC.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #1929
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
VIA SCOTLAND
I think we may plan a trip to Scotland just for Scotland.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #1930
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think we may plan a trip to Scotland just for Scotland.
Okay - asked Curt while we were out just now. He said okay The last time we were there was 2004... so we are due to return!

I forget who it was on the WBTA that had an office literally two doors down from the B&B we stayed in (or was it the pizza place I mentioned - think that was it). Inverness for that part of the trip.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #1931
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
That's what I thought too. She quoted the port calendars specifying Magic, but someone had asked if it could be the Wonder. That thread got pretty long - people getting excited. Would assume it's the Magic if that's what the various port calendars were showing.

Here is what she had posted in our FB group:

"The Disney Magic is booked in for Europe in 2014 !!! Was bored for about 5 minutes today and found the Magic booked into Funchal at the end of May 2014, which ties in with the last bahamian cruise on the DCL site just now of 19th May, for an EBTA and then found the Magic booked into Villefranche over the Summer in 2014 ....

Also found the Magic booked back into St Maarten in September 2014 return journey WBTA??? No dry dock to muck around with our plans ????

Here's hoping people maybe DCL might have listened to their loyal cruisers... just for once !!"

Then about 50 replies to that....
Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #1932
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
Thank you Sarah - this helps at least we can get started! We are on the give to all list - split or not.

I agree about the first post - maybe you should be the one to start the next thread - I am sure we are getting close!

Cayla
FE list update on page 118 post 1769 hope this helps get you all started

sarah
Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #1933
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay - asked Curt while we were out just now. He said okay The last time we were there was 2004... so we are due to return!

I forget who it was on the WBTA that had an office literally two doors down from the B&B we stayed in (or was it the pizza place I mentioned - think that was it). Inverness for that part of the trip.
Curts a great guy

with a baltic cruise tied in maybe?? have you guys done one of those??
Old 01-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #1934
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't remember if it's been mentioned on here... but the first Sunday of each month is "free museum day" for several museums in Barcelona (day after disembarkation). Thought I'd share in case you needed just one more thing to add your "must see" list while there!! You can google it to see several websites detailing which ones.
Forgot to thank you for this! AWESOME! Super excited!

Also, I highly recommend the Dali Museum in Figueres. Totally worth the trip!

Old 01-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #1935
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's what I thought too. She quoted the port calendars specifying Magic, but someone had asked if it could be the Wonder. That thread got pretty long - people getting excited. Would assume it's the Magic if that's what the various port calendars were showing.

Here is what she had posted in our FB group:

"The Disney Magic is booked in for Europe in 2014 !!! Was bored for about 5 minutes today and found the Magic booked into Funchal at the end of May 2014, which ties in with the last bahamian cruise on the DCL site just now of 19th May, for an EBTA and then found the Magic booked into Villefranche over the Summer in 2014 ....

Also found the Magic booked back into St Maarten in September 2014 return journey WBTA??? No dry dock to muck around with our plans ????

Here's hoping people maybe DCL might have listened to their loyal cruisers... just for once !!"

Then about 50 replies to that....
Thanks for posting this. I missed seeing the Magic's 3-night Bahamas cruise departing on the 16th.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: