Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #1876
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
My travel agency rocks! She called today after finally having spoken with the air department. Our itinerary with them, flights not yet booked, did show they were going to fly us in on the day of. My travel agent pointed out the folly of that, it being the transatlantic, and they have switched it. They will be flying us in the night before and putting us up in the Marriott. So relieved!
That's great news!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #1877
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
My travel agency rocks! She called today after finally having spoken with the air department. Our itinerary with them, flights not yet booked, did show they were going to fly us in on the day of. My travel agent pointed out the folly of that, it being the transatlantic, and they have switched it. They will be flying us in the night before and putting us up in the Marriott. So relieved!
Great. We are also staying at the Marriott. We have a non-stop evening flight from Chicago on United. We will be using Disney transportation from the hotel in the morning. Look for us!!
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #1878
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:

WTG!
Repeat after me....a good travel agent is worth her weight in gold. Way too many people forget about the service aspect and focus only on OBC.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #1879
p17blo
DIS Veteran

I'm flying into DFW on the Friday, staying in the Hyatt courtesy of Hotwire and an unbelievable rate, then flying United in the AM to IAH and driving down to Galveston. I should be at Galveston for around 1pm I think.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #1880
kris3kid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Great. We are also staying at the Marriott. We have a non-stop evening flight from Chicago on United. We will be using Disney transportation from the hotel in the morning. Look for us!!
We will be at the Marriott also using Disney, we should all try and meet maybe breakfast?

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/]
Old 01-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #1881
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
That's great news!
And I meant to say that Disney did not charge a deviation fee or for the hotel stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
I'll be the harried one with twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Repeat after me....a good travel agent is worth her weight in gold. Way too many people forget about the service aspect and focus only on OBC.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris3kid View Post
We will be at the Marriott also using Disney, we should all try and meet maybe breakfast?
That could be fun. But if our flight the day before is super late, I may bag out of it. We're coming from PDX, so we'll be on Pacific time.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #1882
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo

Holy moly! That is quite the story. So glad it had a happy ending!

WTG!
Kirbo-
Did you have to pay deviation fees & what was cost of Marriott if you don't mind me asking or you can PM me! Thanks!!

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
Old 01-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #1883
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
Kirbo-
Did you have to pay deviation fees & what was cost of Marriott if you don't mind me asking or you can PM me! Thanks!!
I meant to put this in my post and forgot. We will not get charged the deviation fee or for the hotel. Disney is picking up those. We are coming from the PNW, so that may have factored into their decision.

I am going to update my other post with that information.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #1884
Raspberry Beret
Mouseketeer

Cool, Posting under my DH's screen name. Sorry!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #1885
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

I'll get this right this time under my own screen name!

Quote:
We should try as long as it's not too early.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #1886
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Thanks, Mandy. I was having a horrible time with their web site....but I'm working on it!
It took some getting used to.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #1887
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
I headed to the cabin and had a BIG tumbler of Amaretto. ‘Gin was amazing, Michael was amazing and I was exhausted.

My planes, trains, and auto trip explains WHY I ALWAYS BOOK MY AIR 2 DAYS BEFORE I SAIL!! But even the best plans of women go awry sometimes. The cruise was amazing, the Dream was beautiful and we both had a blast.
Wowsers! Glad you made it --- and understand that BIG tumbler you most definitely needed!!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #1888
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
I am quite aware that there are no insects living out in the middle of the ocean as I do hold a minor in Entomology.
Very cool!! These posts have made me realize I need to look up an upcoming trip we have to Costa Rica in the Arenal Volcano region.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #1889
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbw5t View Post
We're spending a few days in Barecelona and then a few days in Madrid, and flying back from Madrid to DC on United using miles. It's only 30,000 miles one way, which is way cheaper (on a miles per dollar basis) than the flight would have cost in cash. It might be late to start the planning now, but it's amazing what you can accomplish by taking advantage of credit card sign up offers. My wife and I got 55,000 miles each for opening up United credit cards, which was basically enough to get our family from DC to IAH and from Spain back to DC.
Gotta love those credit card points!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #1890
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Called our TA today and we are PIF now, I am so excited.
Congrats!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: